• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can sneak about 20 people into the guesthouse without her knowing it. Breaking and entering 4 life.
Nyte, how did you start that club? If I were to start a club here, would they have to give us a place to let us hold club "meetings?"
People will come. They'll come to see the lights and watch the players do their thing, and eventually join in themselves (I tried for a Field of Dreams reference but it fell apart.). Just imagine walking through the tables on the club day, mostly looking for free stuff, and seeing a Melee club (working title). Show me the way, Nyte.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Maybe we can sneak about 20 people into the guesthouse without her knowing it. Breaking and entering 4 life.
Nyte, how did you start that club? If I were to start a club here, would they have to give us a place to let us hold club "meetings?"
People will come. They'll come to see the lights and watch the players do their thing, and eventually join in themselves (I tried for a Field of Dreams reference but it fell apart.). Just imagine walking through the tables on the club day, mostly looking for free stuff, and seeing a Melee club (working title). Show me the way, Nyte.
I started the club by saying....I want an Anime and Game club. I'm working on advertising the club at the Big Welcome fest here today. THe Welcomefest starts in 30 mins and I'm setting up a table. I'll keep yall updated.

Also, I met a guy named Ralph that likes DDR and played smash with Eric and Cyphus...anyone know him? He's part of my club now. SOS-brigade 4 life.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ralph's a pretty good friend of mine. He might not be too skilled yet, but Ralph's definitely a great guy to play smash with. Also, I know he was looking into starting a DDR type club there; did he have anything going with that?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, as everyone has probably noticed, Gameware gets really crowded in the front of the arcade area whenever there is a tournament. This crowding effectively shuts down their arcade, which means they make very little money from it that day. Killing the arcade on a holiday weekend probably isn't in Gameware's best interests, and it's also likely that, as EET said, it's too soon to hold another one there.

Nicknyte, that's awesome about the club. More exposure for Smash and DDR is always a good thing.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So uh is there a tourny this weekend?

EDIT: oh nvm sorry, eet come whoop our ***** we might be able to pick you up.

D

dj ralph (ddraholic)

Welp, maybe we could have it at my apartment. It's not very big, but I have a big TV, and one time I had a party that consisted of about a hundred drunken teenagers, and it wasn't that bad. So sweaty nerdy teenagers might be better. If not, maybe we could have it at either GameLAN or there's a few other comic book/lan centers around here that we might be able to talk to.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone read that? A plan. Thank you for stepping up Ralph. For now, we have a place, and we need a day and time. Then we need some volunteers to bring TVs and Gamecubes (and Melee, but that goes without saying). Ralph, you're my new hero (sorry to anyone else that was told they were my hero). Ralph 4 life.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Cool, Ralph. If we are gonna do this at your apartment would you mind giveing up some directions. I can supply a cube, but no tv. Also, what day. Monday is still bad for me. Dam me and my quest for knowledge.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
A definite day is needed, as in either Sunday or Monday, not "we can play either day, it's cool either way." (I didn't mean to rhyme, but now I'm glad I did) Also, who's going? I'm going. I know people from Baton Rouge should be able to go. Whoever's going needs to say they're going. And if you know someone that usually goes to stuff like this but isn't on Smashboards, they need to be told.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
How about 4pm Sun. at Ralphs if it is okay with him? That would be neet. Also, speaking of neet.....EET. MY PLACE. SATURDAY. 1PM. YOUR PEACH IS GOING DOOOWWWWWNNNN.

Sudai

Stuff here
You guys know I'd love to go, but sunday I'll be partying all day and night, then monday I'm gonna be smashed. :/

I'm game for saturday though.

Edit: I mean if anyone wants to have a small little thing at thier house or something then, not a "Change the date or die" kinda thing.

D

dj ralph (ddraholic)

I'm going to Laser Tag of Baton Rouge tonight to play some Pump, so I'll ask them if they'd let us host tournaments there. They have multiple party rooms with TVs and probably would let us, as long as we give them some money, and there aren't parties pending in said rooms. I don't know how many people will be there on Monday, but it's an idea.

As far as my apartment goes, it's on Jefferson, right next to where Jefferson intersects with Drusilla. It's a short drive from the Mall of Louisiana, and right next to exits off both I-10 and I-12, if you can't place that area in your mind. Exact directions will be given to people via PM or phone, if you're coming to the tournament.

If everyone would like to bring, say, a 2-liter of drink and/or some chips or some real food, we could cook something, too, and not all be sititng in there hungry and thirsty. I think if we all pitch in we could make this a pretty fun event!

In other news, today at BRCC, we actually got KICKED OUT of the game room. Nicknyte and myself were playing chess, there was one girl playing In the Groove to our left and another guy watching NN and I playing chess. Two guys who were behind NN and I, playing pool, began arguing. I was concentrating on the game, and they were moving around and presumably throwing things, and then left in a huff. I payed no attention, until a pair of security guards showed up with the head of the club organizations, and asked us what happened, telling us we were left in charge of the game room. (I had no knowledge of this.)

When we couldn't identify the people in the scuffle, they told us that since we wouldn't divulge that information, the game room was going to be shut down until we did, or until the issue was resolved. I tried to explain that we didn't know them, nor could we be expected to identify them in detail as we weren't watching their activities, but we were rudely ejected anyway.

I don't think that I've been this irritated since the last time I was in Gameware. (^_^) I don't recall the last time I was responsible or could be held accountable for the actions of some ****ing teenagers that don't know how to control their own emotions or actions. I'd like to write to the president of the school, but what am I going to say? I'm not good at that sort of thing...

fox masta

Smash Cadet
hey im up for sunday. we can go after 3 so eet can come. saturday i have football from like 7-11 and then im going to the LSU game. I got club seats babyy!!!!!!! Free FOOD!!!! so ya, theres no way i can go sat. and then monday i football from 4-7, so ya, i cant go monday, unless we do it before 2pm.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so like..i have no idea what everyone is talking about.

But if something happens...somebody just IM me, and i'll reward you handsomely.or not

twally

Smash Apprentice
alright this is justa general question for all the guys who played smash in the lsu union last year. i was just wondering how you did it? did you guys bring your own tv? how did it go down and most importantly, why did you get kicked out?

and if anyone wants to meet, hang out, and chill in the union just PM me and stuff cause i would like to me some of the guys who i didn't get the chance to talk to at the tournament...

eet

Smash Ace
we jus brought a gamecube and hooked it up to the television in the union in the tiger lair where the arcade was.

we did it for about 6 months till someone noticed and said we should take it down lol. Im sure someone could bring there gcn again, i doubt theyll complain for another 6 months..then well jus take it down again lol. but i guess no one wants to or is too lazy.

but ill prolly be in union from like 1030-1130 then like 1230-sometime in late afternoon

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Smash at Ralph's. At least, I'm assumming Ralph's cool with it. Based on this assumption, I can say we'll have at least three tvs: Ralph's giant one, and two 13 inch ones like that one which shows up at the Gameware tournaments. I might be able to bring my 19 inch tv as well, for a total of four. I can supply my cube and smash, and Vaughn's is already at Ralph's. That gives two complete setups. It follows that two more cubes and smash will be needed to complete the other two setups. With so many tvs and cubes, there may need for a power strip or two. If anyone happens to have one he can bring, it would be helpful.

Also, I agree with Ralph's idea that everyone supply a two liter or food of some sort (or both if you want people to be your friend). Maybe we could all put up a few dollars each and buy a ton of pizza? Either way will work for me.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
In other news, today at BRCC, we actually got KICKED OUT of the game room. Nicknyte and myself were playing chess, there was one girl playing In the Groove to our left and another guy watching NN and I playing chess. Two guys who were behind NN and I, playing pool, began arguing. I was concentrating on the game, and they were moving around and presumably throwing things, and then left in a huff. I payed no attention, until a pair of security guards showed up with the head of the club organizations, and asked us what happened, telling us we were left in charge of the game room. (I had no knowledge of this.)

When we couldn't identify the people in the scuffle, they told us that since we wouldn't divulge that information, the game room was going to be shut down until we did, or until the issue was resolved. I tried to explain that we didn't know them, nor could we be expected to identify them in detail as we weren't watching their activities, but we were rudely ejected anyway.
Dude. This was like the most f*cked up thing to happen to us today. Seriously, I'm trying to be the master of all chess and Monkeys start Jackin up all the games and pool tables. Thank God they didn't touch Galaga.....I love that game. Anyway, the fire marshall did put us down and our wonderful day in the Game Room got Shanked. Feh, I'll like to see the monkeys act that way while I smash tomorrow. NO ONE DISTURBS ME WHILE I SMASH. So um yea.....Address for the masses, Ralph :D

D

dj ralph (ddraholic)

All people who have posted with interest in the tournament in the last two pages have been sent a PM containing my address and directions (except Valius, I wasn't sure if he was coming. If anyone else you know wants to go, don't hesitate to give them directions, but please don't post my address on these boards, or anywhere else on the internet without asking me first. I don't know these internets very well yet. Thanks for your cooperation, and can't wait to see you all there!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

*is interested*

Just need to know a time and see if I can get a ride.

**** I need to drive.

RAM

Smash Lord
5% Chance I'll be in town again.so soon here's to hoping. in the mean time feast your eyes on my B I T C H I N G new sig. why attach images when you can draw them ^_^

Only in the Hands of RAM can the Mario Bros Obtain such power. that and I have Colbert as an Avatar I'm now *as Cyphus would say* Awesome. :chuckle:

Top Bottom