• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
The crew draft was a friggin good idea. Of course, it would've been better if Lee wouldn't have gotten drunk and forfeited. I mean, all he had to do was beat this guy that played for like a week and we would've won. Booze 4 life.

Sudai

Stuff here
You can have 4 life, but 4lyfe is mine~

I had my own fun without you guys too..Amazing. >.>

3 times I was part of a 4 person spooning with three other girls, haha~ I think I'ma go puke now..too..wasted..last..nigt..

D

dj ralph (ddraholic)

Hi, everyone. Thanks for coming to the tournament. I hope you all had a good time. Congratulations to the winners, and I hope that any other tournaments we have here will be as big a success, if not more, provided y'all would like to have more.

With that said, I would also like to make an announcement. Sometime during the course of Sunday's event, my bed frame was broken. The lower right leg of it is bent, and the support has been bent out of shape, and will require either replacing or fixing by a repairman.

I am confident that the damage was caused during the event because Vaughn slept in the bed the night before and it was level, and the night after the tournament, Cyphus and Lee were sleeping on it, and that was when I noticed that it wasn't level.

During the tournament, I informed everyone who was there to inform me if they spilled any drink or broke anything, and I would come fix it. You did a good job telling me about the drink that was spilled, but I expected the same for this sort of incident.

If anyone knows when the bed actually broke, and who caused it to break, please PM or AIM me. I don't want any speculation. If you are confident, like an eye witness, or you would like to come forth and say that you yourself did it, that is fine. I am not going to bite your head off. I'm not going to ban you from coming over again. I will ask you to be more careful, and I will also ask you to pay for it.

I don't know how much the repair will cost at the moment. I do know that if noone comes forth with information telling who broke the bed, I will divide the cost of fixing it amongst all the patrons of yesterday's events, including myself. We were all there, and we will all be responsible in that case. However, if you don't want to pay for a new bed frame, please help me to try to find the culprit.

Again, thank you for coming, and thank you for your help. I hope all of you enjoyed your stay, and had a safe drive back. Peace-out.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow. i didn't even know the bed was broken until i read that.
Personally, i didn't notice any angle or modification to it through the night since the only time i was ever on it, was when i slept.
I don't know how exactly a bed frame could be broken. I don't recall anyone ever jumping on the bed or any horseplay around it, so I can't vouche for much other than maybe it was old and hadn't held the weight of 3 or more people in a long time? Either way, i don't know anything about weight distribution physics so i really don't know what i'm talking about. Sorry about the bed though.

anyway. I had a good time. Got to socialize and see how LAs competition has changed and improved, hang out w/ my friends, meet some new people, and enjoy the simple things in life. Pizza, videogames, and beer. Speaking of which, i can completely rationalize with any concerns with alcohol. And with the tolerance that went on in allowing some of us to drink, i'm thankful, and i think we kept things basically under control and nothing stupid happened. Granted myself, lee, and wayne (i believe) had our share, i'm sure we didn't make anyone feel too uncomfortable who chose not to.

i hope to see everyone again sometime soon, and i'm sure under ralph or whoevers kindness we can have another smashfest that will be 10x as good with the right planning.

gg n00bs. =)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I just wanted to announce that Marth is the gayest character in SSBM. That why he is my Main. Yes. In logic that makes me gay. But I am not...However, I am gay for Bridget. Bridget 4 life.

I support MarthxBridget.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Nyte, next time i'm gonna buy a new controller and see if that low style is all its cracked up to be. I think I know a way around it, I just need a more responsive controller to see if I am right.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
jeez u think somone would have let me known there was gonna be alcohol at that tourney then i might have gone ;) from here on out i think all tournies should supply alcohol, its the only way i can play good

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well u didn't miss too much alcohol-wise. nobody got completely wasted. And nothing crazy happened.
although i deffinately enjoy myself a little chaos from time to time. It would actually make my year to have a smashfest w/ chicks, lots of alcohol, people who loosen up for immature fun, and a place that could holster it. (which is basically impossible from our resources :()

In fact...as humans, its important that we treat ourselves. And treat ourselves periodically. Occasionally loosening up to be dumb opens us up and is when we discover new things about ourselves and answers to questions.
Answers like: "yea..apparently i should have stopped at 8 beers." and "i knew i shouldn't of money matched Cyphus in a battle of awesomeness"

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
When I get married, I plan on making my bachelor party a smash tourney with all those things.

eet

Smash Ace
man..you guys should see drunken eet....i jus like fall over, drool on myself stupidly and laugh at random **** that i like to point out...its good times....lol

ps cyphus drunken MM?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
a drunken MM will be hard to guage.

your a bigger man than I, so nature would suggest you need more beers than me to equal the same level of drunkeness. Then again...myy guess would be that i drink more often than you, so my body might be a little more used to it.

if we could negotiate a balance, i'd accept.

Althoug the easiest way to do this is to just BOTH just drink a ton...that way we know we're both ****ed up...and at that point, 1 or 2 beers doesn't make a big difference anyway.
But i'd be willing to compromise to 6. (Share a 12 pack) if its something like Miller HighLife (which works better than other beers)

fox masta

Smash Cadet
so ya, now that we're done talking about how drunk we are going to get, lets talk about the next tourny. do you think we could do a tourny at gameware this saturday?

Mary

Smash Rookie
i brought the alcohol and chicks last time so im offering to hold a tourney at my house with lots of alcohol and girls, where anyone can play and get wasted and just have a good ole time.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Um. Me and Iceman played yesterday. We can't come to a solid conclusion to who is better so we played some peeps and made crappy Power Rankings

1. Iceman
1. Nicknyte
3. Leech
3. Ice's Roomate

I just want to tell you that the tipper is so gay. I'd be screwed if it wasnt for it.

Also, I created the neutral A Venom combo. I need to make a movie of it. awesomes.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
My roommate's name is also Leech, so I guess both Leeches are 3rd. Next time I play you, I'm gonna give Luigi his anti-tip hat (I found it on e-bay).

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
after spending weeks hunting down his trail of drug abuse, it deeply saddens me to discover what has succumb from the Taylor we once knew...

i tried asking him if he still played melee, but the only thing that came out of his mouth was "pika counters marth" and began giggling while continuing to ride the pika despite it not moving.
we'll miss you taylor

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
"Pika counter Marth."

I'll remember that next time when someone uses Pikachu to 100% me and I dont touch him once in the barrage, just to knock him out in 3 moves and a tip and win the game thereafter.

God, that tip is gay ^^

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

My Falcon's a ****ing Marth slayer. And if he loses, I can always go back to Sheik and be even gayer. =D

Sudai

Stuff here
My M2 is slowly evolving into a marth killer, and the fact that everyone I can play around here plays marth has taught me to instinctively tech every FSmash..ever. :) I'll take a count next smash session and tell you guys how many I teched. XP

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I dont think I ever got the pleasure of fightin Sudai. I'll personally show you I dont need a spike or a FSmash to knock you out XD Shield Breaker for life.

Top Bottom