• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah dude, there are some mechanics in sm4sh that I feel like he put in there on purpose. I'm not a fan of how the ledge works or how air dodging near the ground works, like he was pissed that we asked for WDing so he made it to where you get punished for trying. The old DI system would be cool. I hate that WFT has so much trouble with short fighters, but if you fight people facing backwards then it evens out somehow. I'm not sure you were ever invisible on the ledge, unless you play with Sheik I guess.

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
the airdodge lag thing was so people can't spam airdodges without getting punished lol (but i guess i can kinda see what you mean about that)

the "new" DI system (vectoring) has been removed as of the latest smash 3ds update, most likely will be the same on the WiiU version.

ledge mechanics are weird, i have mixed feelings

(I still don't really like the game atm lol)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize the DI had been changed. To be fair, I haven't really played much this week. I understand wanting to curb ledge hogging, but I don't think the proper corrective measure should be "everybody gets the ledge!"

-Ran

Smash Master
The patches that we've seen show us the potential changes that could happen. If they actually removed Vectoring, this means that they are capable of doing wide sweeping changes to the engine [unless both were in, and they just had a toggle for it.] I am worried that players are going to be less inclined to show how they do techniques on Smashboards for fear of having the tech removed by a patch.

After all, if I was Nintendo's QAers, I'd just watch Smashboards.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Sakurai said he wanted the game to be a mix between melee and brawl. True combos in smash 4 are much more abundant in Brawl were they were very specific. Like Marth Fthrow>Fsmash, Kirby Fthrow>Uair or DK Dthrow>Ftilt. Most everyone as Uthrow/Dthrow follow ups in smash 4 which is cool, true combos are great! But it has the fall speed and movement of Brawl, Brawl airdodges, no dash dance (minus that little brawl dash dance that's sort of useless), and very Brawl like movement. But, to be fast in Brawl required lots of Auto canceling aerials and ground canceling airdodges. Like I said before; smash 4 is like a dumbed down version of brawl to me. I can't ever auto cancel anything, the mind gamey ledge play of brawl of judging how your opponent is gonna get back on the stage from the ledge (since sweet spotting the ledge in Brawl is very easy). No smash DI either so free jabs and multi hit moves everyone! The only cool thing I actually like that they added is pivot Ftilts, Fmashes, and SideBs. Not to mention the game rewards you for playing like a total noob. Jab all the time since they're free AF, roll all over the place since everyone has good rolls and stuff like that. When I play smash 4 I feel like all the things I've learned in all smash games just don't even matter.

-Ran

Smash Master
Brawl had low percent combos out of throws, since the knockbacks were still rather low. Even in situations where it wasn't a true combo, you could force an air dodge with a quick aerial, or if they landed and shielded, you could repeat the process with a fresh throw. Grabs have far too much KB in Smash 4, while having too much end lag for the person that throws for the most part.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Yo, anyone in north LA area. Me and the crew are going to the West Monroe game stop smash 4 wii u tournament at 9:00 PM. Anyone wanna come just hit me up

BSP

Smash Legend
Uh, what? Is this new? You definitely could not Marth F-throw>Fsmash when I played.
Character dependent I believe, but Marth could do that to a lot of people. He could Fthrowx2 > Dthrowx2> Fsmash Falco.

Dog, if they added SDI, took away the new ledge hog mechanic, fixed my brawl mains (minus MK, he's good where he is), and gave me invisibility back on the ledge.
With nerfed SDI, you don't have to worry about getting punished for using your multi hit attacks anymore. I see that as good, moves actually working.

Ledge? Give and take. Can't edgehog, but can't get edgehogged for edgeguarding. I wouldn't mind if it were reverted, but I doubt it will be.

They made planking a non-issue. You want that back?

Last edited:

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 seems like Brawl to me. There aren't many things I like about it. Nintendo seems to be also taking out things that could make the game competitive and replacing it with fair things ( no problem with that ) but they aren't giving the game time to develop. I don't mind getting rid of what's broken. Pika's Thunder filling G&W's bucket was silly. I enjoy the silliness though. P.S. G&W could still use an unfilled bucket so it wasn't much of a nerf lol.

Edit : Screw you auto-correct

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
^I'm worried about the LSU Monthly tomorrow. I asked who has Smash 4 and got no responses, so it may not even happen.

Zeus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stardust
Got 2nd at monthly godlike Wii U Singles
Happy at my results since its my first tourney and all
I barely made it since mom took her time

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Last night was so fun. I wish I could've stayed longer because everything was so hype. This needs to happen again sometime, maybe in January as some kind of Sm4sh B4sh New Year's Party?

Oh yeah and it needs to start by at least 1PM, lol, cause I can't stay out past 9.

There was so much food. I regret eating too much before I got there, lol. Dominoes so good and I didn't get to taste any qq

Last edited:

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
^I'm worried about the LSU Monthly tomorrow. I asked who has Smash 4 and got no responses, so it may not even happen.
Like we don't even plan these things >_> let us worry about this kind of stuff please

anyone in the BR area get the new smash today that wouldnt mind some company over???? :I
Why didnt you come to the LSU tourney?

BSP

Smash Legend
Like we don't even plan these things >_> let us worry about this kind of stuff please
I didn't know that the Smash club itself has designated setups that will always be there. Usually it's up to everyone to contribute, or nothing happens. I'm glad you guys were prepared and, again, thanks for having the event.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice

Why didnt you come to the LSU tourney?
Sorry I was sick:(.

also gamecube adapters are now sold out nation wide 0_0

I shall repeat le question and stretch it out a bit: Does anyone BR-Hammond area have a wiiu and smash that wouldnt mind some company over lol. I'll bring snacks.....

'V'

Smash Lord
Is it really just Smash 4? Why no Melee or P:M too?
Not enough room to work with in the current room. If we end up with the new room, then we can have another game. Being safe with one for now. That and I'm just not all that interested in running tourneys for this community as it is right now.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So ORAS guys:

Serebii.net said:
When you have reached Silver Rank in your Secret Base, you have the ability to receive MAX Powers from your Secret Pals. These have the same effect as Level 3 O-Powers and last for 1 hour. They cannot be used by other players through the PSS

QR Code: The second method is to allow for you to share your Secret Base with people around the world. At the PC, you can create a special QR Code for your Secret Base, which is then saved onto your SD card for you to upload. When people scan the QR Code using the Nintendo 3DS camera, they will gain access to your Secret Base

If you have a [3DS registered] friend as a Secret Pal and they have you as a Secret Pal, then when you talk to them after StreetPassing them, you will be able to receive a large amount of flags.

Silver Rank: 100 Flags
Could there be like an ORAS meetup soon or something? Or maybe at a tournament soon? We also need to find out who has Eon Tickets already so they can come share the love.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it's fine movement wise. For me, walking and foxtrotting are important.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I'd like to go to a near by event sometime and see how I stack up against people around me. But alas. No ride.

Top Bottom