• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
recognize you can come over if you want now. i dont play much anymore but I can prolly beat you...

8939 jefferson hwy apt 1301 70809

call or txt 405-7766 if you want or just knock...

D

Deleted member

for recognize; if you didnt see it:
"there are going to be weird ranges of prices because it was $20 when it was on the players choice list but now its back up to 30-40 since its after that year of production. im sure some places that havent sold out are still selling it for 20 but others have jacked the price up because the game is so awesome they can still sell it for that much.

recognize; i have like 3 copies of melee, but me loaning you a copy wont make you better at the game. forget brawl. come train with me and i will make you pro at melee. then you can borrow a copy and practice tech skill."

i have work tonight now and it's ghey but i may play when i get off idk.

ggs aswell. sudai and ken are becoming beasts. lets get another BR melee scene going.

peace

Sariku

Smash Master
so uh, what is the name of 'this facility?'

i lived in long beach/gulf port for 2+ years and know boloxi fairly well.

also; im assuming we're playing brawl not melee. thats rly the only info im interest to know very soon.

thx.
Well, this will be held in D'Iberville MS, which is close to Biloxi. I use the word Biloxi because most people know where that is, and D'Ville is just to the side of it. The venue will remain unnamed for the time being, though.

Mississippi guy
/girl? On which dates is this going to be hosted?
Guy, but seeing me may make you doubt that.

We are debating between August 1-2 or August 8-9. Whichever one can get the most people. n00b said he may not make it on 8-9, but Tom said he could come on that date and bring about 5 people or so. So the latter option looks like the one we will choose, but we aren't in any rush to decide it, as we can get the venue at any time for as long as we want, really. We'll try to decide it by Saturday, though, a long with a thread being put up.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
recognize you can come over if you want now. i dont play much anymore but I can prolly beat you...

8939 jefferson hwy apt 1301 70809

call or txt 405-7766 if you want or just knock...
Eh sorry for not answering I was away for the day.

for recognize; if you didnt see it:
"there are going to be weird ranges of prices because it was $20 when it was on the players choice list but now its back up to 30-40 since its after that year of production. im sure some places that havent sold out are still selling it for 20 but others have jacked the price up because the game is so awesome they can still sell it for that much.

recognize; i have like 3 copies of melee, but me loaning you a copy wont make you better at the game. forget brawl. come train with me and i will make you pro at melee. then you can borrow a copy and practice tech skill."

i have work tonight now and it's ghey but i may play when i get off idk.

ggs aswell. sudai and ken are becoming beasts. lets get another BR melee scene going.

peace

Yeah man I would love to take you up on your offer. But I preety much got two main problems one

Parents: they MIGHT let me go. Probobly not to a stranger I met on the interenet though (They will think your a rapist. Which is obviously not true just by observing this thread.) But if by some ****ed up chance you guys go to St. Michaels/ Catholic it would be easy then.

Directions: I just got my License a month ago and I really have no idea where anything is. The only places I know where to go is my school preety much. Last time i tried to go somewhere I ended up on the other side of town xD.

D

Deleted member

yeah, im 19 and ill be 20 in july. i graduated from baton rouge magnet high 06' if that makes the situation any better. most parents like to hear that kind of thing. if it will help at all, i can bring a copy of melee to your house one time, meet your parents so i wont be a stranger, and play with you there for a while. it will probably make it easier for you to come at that point. its no trouble either, if you want to; just PM me and ill tell you a day im off work and you can give me directions. ive been on the boards for the past 3-4 years and we all know each other so everyone can vouch that im not a rapist (even though since i said that alot of people will probably call me one).

anyway, let me know.

VVB

SD Champ
Ok.

REALLY sorry for such a late post of the issue of MFTW. I've been on vacation in FL and the place we stayed didn't have the internet 0.o

Anyway, i'm going to start setting up this place at around 4ish 5:30pm. You guys are welcome to come early and help set up or whatever.

If anyone can spare:

-GC/Wiis
-Copies of SSBM
-TVs
-Tables

It would really help the flow of things. Let me know whats up on my Cell (337-212-2303). If you need a place to stay or whatever, let me know.

Here is the information again...yes i'm quoting it cause i'm lazy.

OK!

So, I've REALLY been missing Melee for a while now, but I just realized that I've done nothing about it.

SOOOOOO I contacted a local gaming cafe to hook us up with a place to hold some games/bi-weeklies/tournys hosted by yours truly, Moi.

This is the invitation to:

MFTW
(Melee for the WIN!)

Where?
CyborLAN Gaming Center
127 Arnould Blvd.
Lafayette, Louisiana 70506

When?
Starting 6/12/08 at 6pm till when ever they kick us out. This is a bi-weekly, so its going to be every other week to this date.

Why?
MOAR MELEE PLZ. CUZ.

Anyway, the details happen like this.

- 5$ gets you in for whatever. Friendly/hangout/tourny/whatever.
- The pot will be split accordingly, but 15% will go to owner for letting us use the space. Rest goes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- I really want this to focus on Melee play...but i GUESS, MAYBE we can play brawl...maybe.
- Cyborlan said they would hook us up with a free hour on their PCs to play whatever games they have there.
- Bananas.

I've been wanting to start bi-weeklies in Lafayette area for a while to get the community over here a little stronger. I figured this was a cool way to do it. Alittle late, but still good. I would really like to see this turn out really well and i would appreciate if i could get a couple of you guys to join in on the fun. Its a good place to hang and just game. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever else. Hope i will see you guys there!

-Lite

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately br is a bust for me this weekend. its unfortunate cuz i was looking forward to getting some practice against the br crew. my physics teacher scheduled a class from 5-8. mandatory. yeah...... i said the same thing.

effin eh.

edit: Matt, I had a similar idea but yours is better. Lol i thought it was pretty cool. Where would someone spray the hoodies?

D

Deleted member

in most recent news::

im off saturday.

david is still a really nice guy.

im off saturday. come play melee with me.

ill be getting to laf. aroudn 4:30 tomorrow.
patrick is driving up seperate, and freddy, tim, vaughn, sudai, and myself will be showing up. this is looking like alot of fun. with this many people in my car, i wont have car space and my trunk is full with a speaker box. im calling patrick right now to see if he can bring my tv, gnc, random other equips; but, he probably already left for laf. idk.

nvm hes leaving at like 8 am.
im not getting up that early to drop off set ups lol.

if my roomates are at my house in the morning ill ask them to help me with my speaker box and i can bring a tv and a set up. patrick also mentioned bringing his tv and cube as well. we'll see what happens, but im excited.

peace

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
we all know each other so everyone can vouch that im not a rapist (even though since i said that alot of people will probably call me one).
Pfft, his avatar says "aw, c'mon, I'm harmless, come over and play" but the man's real face says "shut the **** up, if you scream, I'll stab you, mother ****er, now take your pants off!"

Oh, yes, he's a rapist, all right....and so much more.

J/k'ing...good people....in fact - Taylor, can you turn me into a melee pro too without me having to use my brittle, old, dusty hands? I hear cracks every time I lcancel, a pop every time I WD...and my hands hurt just watching you pros play :cry:

Oh, and guys...good luck in Lafayette, have fun, and always, stay safe.

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor really is a rapist. Luckily, he doesn't **** little boys. His preference is those old, near deceased guys...****ed sicko. But no, really. If your parents do let Taylor come play, he will probably wreck you (he is kind of the best in BR), but I'm really hoping your the kind of person that'll say "HOLY ****!!! I wanna get that good!!" cause then BR will have a new player willing to learn~ : ) And I don't really wanna leave my spot empty when I leave. Oh, but to fill my spot, you need to be a bit homo-erotic. >.>

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
in most recent news::

im off saturday.

david is still a really nice guy.

im off saturday. come play melee with me.

ill be getting to laf. aroudn 4:30 tomorrow.
patrick is driving up seperate, and freddy, tim, vaughn, sudai, and myself will be showing up. this is looking like alot of fun. with this many people in my car, i wont have car space and my trunk is full with a speaker box. im calling patrick right now to see if he can bring my tv, gnc, random other equips; but, he probably already left for laf. idk.

nvm hes leaving at like 8 am.
im not getting up that early to drop off set ups lol.

if my roomates are at my house in the morning ill ask them to help me with my speaker box and i can bring a tv and a set up. patrick also mentioned bringing his tv and cube as well. we'll see what happens, but im excited.

peace
If your talking to me about saturday Yeah I'll talk to my parents about it.

Taylor really is a rapist. Luckily, he doesn't **** little boys. His preference is those old, near deceased guys...****ed sicko. But no, really. If your parents do let Taylor come play, he will probably wreck you (he is kind of the best in BR), but I'm really hoping your the kind of person that'll say "HOLY ****!!! I wanna get that good!!" cause then BR will have a new player willing to learn~ : ) And I don't really wanna leave my spot empty when I leave. Oh, but to fill my spot, you need to be a bit homo-erotic. >.>
Yes Sudai I'm really willing to learn. I never really got a chance to get good at melee since I never had a GC. Lol About the homo erotic part. Ill try my best to keep a good homo balance.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
unfortunately br is a bust for me this weekend. its unfortunate cuz i was looking forward to getting some practice against the br crew. my physics teacher scheduled a class from 5-8. mandatory. yeah...... i said the same thing.

effin eh.

edit: Matt, I had a similar idea but yours is better. Lol i thought it was pretty cool. Where would someone spray the hoodies?
Esplanade Mall T-Shirt Heaven!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
*** u smashboards.... ive got a headache, i decided instead of any thoughts of suicide ill start a drug habbit... ive narrowed it down to either xanax or vicodin . Speed and cocaine are just out of the question as well as any hallucinogen which i cannot handle. Alcohol isnt really that fun when ur sitting around alone... With the xanax id feel calm, virtually no anxiety would probly be able to leave the house and do somethings... as in the past, vicodin would make me feel pretty good for no reason, no pain, it would be pretty fun .....

Yes, i realize im just masking my problems or hiding from them but i dont give a cr@p, im going down a dark path for a while...

Battousai780

Smash Ace
*** u smashboards.... ive got a headache, i decided instead of any thoughts of suicide ill start a drug habbit... ive narrowed it down to either xanax or vicodin . Speed and cocaine are just out of the question as well as any hallucinogen which i cannot handle. Alcohol isnt really that fun when ur sitting around alone... With the xanax id feel calm, virtually no anxiety would probly be able to leave the house and do somethings... as in the past, vicodin would make me feel pretty good for no reason, no pain, it would be pretty fun .....

Yes, i realize im just masking my problems or hiding from them but i dont give a cr@p, im going down a dark path for a while...
I love you ShyGuy!!!!! Don't be stupid, ok?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
The entire state of LA collectively quit smash all together in attempt to join the circus, it didnt work out so well.... so here we all sit wondering,waiting, dreaming.....

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
what kinda help do u need? if it requires leaving the house then i cant help u, but if u need advice or sumthing u can pm me..

i think cyphus quit smash cuz he was to awsome....

oh and taylor that bodygaurd thing was awsome, if u have my back then i have urs, except i dont fight... i try to avoid those situations but if u ever need help im there....

as for melee ive decided to not go to any tournaments and just try playing people for fun or for mm. also im maing link now , but can still use fox/falco for dittos or anything...

D

Deleted member

sars, i knew we were the same age; silly.

ive just been playing competitive smash for like... ever. and i may have graduated a year before you?

sorry col bol... i love you. i didnt think my melee was up to par after playing brawl for like 3 months straight. i didnt feel confident till the weekend of the tournament and it was too late to request off work. i'll definitely be there next time; and in the meantime maybe we could have a huge tourney in LA with TX FL GA TN AL all coming. our usual tournament host likes brawl more though, so i may have to pick up the ball and set something up serious. i havent hosted my own tournament for a while but years ago i held them all the time.

recognize, i wasnt particularly talking to you about saturday, but i can definitely take a couple hours out the day to come over and meet your folks and what not. my cell is all over the boards and also 225-892-4778

fun tournament in lafayette today. only had 8 ppl though. 6 from br lol.
next time i say we host at erics house then laf and n.o. can all show up.
freddy+adderall= dam good.
1.me
2.freddy (only lost to me, 1-2 all fights rly close)
3.tim
4.sudai
5.patrick
6.vaughn
7.nick
8.ben

fun times, thanks for hosting.

<3 shyg. dont mess up your body or mind. just try and be happy

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
gj freddizle looks like ur getting really good Falco? or Fox? even though u cheated using adderall, i would too given the opprotunity.

lol, ban amphetamines from smash like baseball, we need drugtests....

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alright, the Gameware tournament next Friday will start at 7:00. We're going to do Brawl Singles, but I don't plan on doing anything really fancy, just a bracket (it might be seeded in some way based on 3LT performance). Anyways, I don't imagine that this will take too long, and we may have time to do a second division.

Here's what I want to know: Brawl or Melee? Teams or Singles?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Alright, the Gameware tournament next Friday will start at 7:00. We're going to do Brawl Singles, but I don't plan on doing anything really fancy, just a bracket (it might be seeded in some way based on 3LT performance). Anyways, I don't imagine that this will take too long, and we may have time to do a second division.

Here's what I want to know: Brawl or Melee? Teams or Singles?
I believe that the obvious option here would be Melee singles, or possibly Brawl doubles, or you could totally switch up the flavor and make it Melee singles...j/k

In all seriousness anything that's not ffa would be ok with me.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Shoot I didn't realize it was on friday........ now I can't go. Work kinda makes it so only weekends are free. Huhhhhh that sucks, guess I'll have to catch the next one.......

Edit: even though I won't make it, Brawl. I played melee for 6 years and I'm tired of it for the time being. Hit me up if any of you want to play online tonight (yes I know it sucks). My AIM is Crono174.

Top Bottom