• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Um........what was i gonna say.................................................................................................................................uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................****...................****.............oh yeah! At gameware today there will be no matches like Jnig vs. me, Arc vs. me, or Arc vs. Jnig. Unless it's in tournament. K? K.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm driving to the tournament, but I won't be there to participate. I don't get out of work till 7:30, so I won't arrive till 8:30.

thuendoftime

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to this Gameware. Not like its completely different form others though. xD
Unless anyone wants to be nice and drive here to pick me up and also drop me off after the tourny.
I could do some friendlies over WiFi if they have that at Gameware.

PS: I will DEFINITELY be at LasT 3. So bring your A-Game!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I probably wont be at the tourny tonight, too smashed out from Texas still.

Uhm. BO-HE-HE-HE

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alex and I will be there, haha.

I'm looking to get there for around 5:00 so I have time for a good deal of friendlies. I'll have 2 setups of my own plus one of Nick's. It'll be nice to have half of the tournament's stuff there early.

Seiya!! Why can't you make LasT? I guess there's a good reason, but I'm sure someone would be willing to hold a fest or something. May's Gameware will probably be Melee, with a Brawl side setup or something, haha. Maybe you can come and hang out then?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
The Iceman Cometh to GW. Y'all better bring your rapesuits, cuz it's on. I'll prolly show up around 5-530 to get in a bunch of friendlies too.

Pritch

Smash Lord
May's Gameware will probably be Melee
what what WHAT?

Good ****. Count me in.

In other news, I may or may not show up at gware late tonight, but I'm going to be playing magic here in NO at 7:00, so probably not. Have fun, peeps. Anyone feeling melee late tonight or this weekend?

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Seiya!! Why can't you make LasT? I guess there's a good reason, but I'm sure someone would be willing to hold a fest or something. May's Gameware will probably be Melee, with a Brawl side setup or something, haha. Maybe you can come and hang out then?
*sigh* well A-Kon is the same weekend as LasT unfortunately Q_Q

well one weekend im supposed to party with RickyB and Pierre is gonna take me to bourbon i have to get in touch with them to see whats up lol

dude come to Hobo 16 its metabanned and i can house you for sure for sure :)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Short shoutout since I wasn't there long and didn't actually participate in the tourny. Maybe next time. Shyguy is ballin, Bomber is ballin, the people I already know are all ballin as well. Thanks for the Luigi help, Cyphus. Thanks for letting me see how PT is actually played, Bombdaddy (apparently Zard's only move is Rock Smash, and those Nair+BS+Fsmash comboes were pretty ****in sick). I still haven't played B+, so I guess I'm not officially converted. That means nobody can talk to Sudai. Oh, did I mention Shyguy is ballin?

Edit: Not talking about my matches, did any of the tourny get recorded? And who won?

Redson

Smash Journeyman
For the love of god, and all that's holy....

I left my Wiimote at Gameware. If ANYONE picked it up- it's a basic wiimote with a chargable back, instead of regular batteries. For the love of god, please, return it. Its KIND OF my only one. And ironically, I just got Barlw +.

I don't see how I lost it- it was in my bag. Did one of you take it out of my bag? If so, Imma kill you for touching my **** when you shouldn't have.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
Who the *** let me go to a smash tournament....,

heres the only reason I was there:

Day starts out 8:30 in
the morning ihave to meet my cousin in laws brother who also happens to know my mom from work, he also happens to be a monkey. He picks me up at 9:30...we go to wendys, He asks me what I want to do with my life, so I said i dunno what do u wanna do with ur life...he said have sex and eat bananas...I said me too. We Leave wendys i go home and get ready for my group therapy meeting.... My Dad drivesme and drops me off. The group consists of me and another guy and the lady running it(some group) anywsys she ask the guy how hes doing he says ive been sober for 5 months and then procceds to take a swig of beer. I said wait a second....where did u find those giant cans, I cant find those anywhere. She then procceds to tell me im fcked and i say I know and we high five. Alright so I get home and say hey this is as long as ive veen out the house in a while lemme go to dibz.. enter dibbz no ones there playing smash....i go get a daquiri...the girls checks my id waits for like 2 minutes and says are u sure thats u? I say no thats not me even though it looks exacttly like me juz gimie the fckin daquiri, i buy some cigs too. I go back into dibbz, i wana get online but i forgot my account so the guy tells me it and says how much time do u want, i say 5 minutes.....hes like how bout 30 minutes i was like ok 2.50..... I look on smash boards and see theres a tourny i say well everyones over there y stop now....so im driving to baton rouge slightly buzzed.... arive at around 5:00 no ones there..... i finish my daquiri....hordes of people start showing up my anxiety is through the roof.... iacknowledge some people somepeople acknowledge me.....my controller stops workimg almost like an omen that i shoudnt be there i borrow some controllers hobble around like a ****** thinking I made a mistake idunno eric locked his keys in his car that was cool.... idrive home at 40 mph back to metairie, im tired as *** cuz i havent been away from home this long in a while.....pick a up more cigs on the way home the toatal came to 5.01 and he said dont worryabout the penny...i said ok and left.... Iget home and theres a fckin sofa in my room.... my parents got new furniture i eat an old cicken biscuit, smoke a cig, type this and now im going to sleep...

Hyro

Smash Lord
For the love of god, and all that's holy....

I left my Wiimote at Gameware. If ANYONE picked it up- it's a basic wiimote with a chargable back, instead of regular batteries. For the love of god, please, return it. Its KIND OF my only one. And ironically, I just got Barlw +.

I don't see how I lost it- it was in my bag. Did one of you take it out of my bag? If so, Imma kill you for touching my **** when you shouldn't have.
When there was only a couple people left I saw your wiimote sitting on top of the game rack in the corner. Randall was asking who's it was.

Tourney was sooo fun, cyphus beard got sexier, roni got better, me and randall were pirate shipping *****es left and right....

needs moar icee's tho

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Redson, we found your Wiimote. It's at Gameware, just go pick it up.

Seiya, if I go anywhere, I'll probably go to Pensacola that weekend. It's been a while since I've been there and stuff. Thanks for the housing offer. Maybe sometime this summer?

Here are the results:

Teams (6):
1: Chad Lee Martin ($42.00)
2: Cyphus and Pierre ($18.00)
3: Fakegeorge and Hyro
4: Arcadia and Brother
5: Dylan and Battou
5: Joeseph and James

Singles (36):
1: Lee - Lucario? ($99.00)
2: Cyphus - DK ($45.00)
3: Sudai - ROB ($27.00)
4: Hyro - Toon Link($9.00)
5: Pierre - Lucas/ MK?
5: Roni - Falco/ MK
7: Fakegeorge - G&W
7: Chaddly - Snake
9: Eric - Olimar/ Wario/ G&W
9: Arcadia - Lucario
9: James - Diddy
9: Kirok - Fox/ Lucario
13: Bomber - PT
13: Jiovanni - Kirby
13: Blaise - Snake/?
13: Blaine - Samus
17: Link - ZSS
17: Red - Shiek/ Fox
17: Al
17: Batto - Marth
17: JNig - Pikachu
17: Ever_power - Mario
17: Joseph - Lucario??
17: Shyguy - Olimar
25: Nicole - Peach?
25: Anthony
25: Daquan
25: Dylan
25: Cain
25: Aurora
25: Nicholas
25: Fist
33: Taylor
33: RJ
33: Rammi
33: Ledline

Good stuff to everyone; you're all getting a lot better. Thanks for all the help with equipment. We had more than we needed, but that's WAY better than not having enough. I appreciate all the help, thanks.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
No wonder I had the urge to take that Wii mote. It was familiar. >.> Red, you need to make your you got everything on you for now on, or at least label your things like I did. Seeing as you usually leave one thing or another behind occasionally, it would be a good idea.

GG's to all played..... who was mainly Roni? Hyro, we play at LasT Smash.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I got nothing to do today/tonight. Anyone wanna play? I'm trying my *** off to learn this game. If only I tried this hard in Micro.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Anyone wanna play today? I need to get back into the groove of things. Didn't Kate want to play?
Yesssssssssssssss! Some people go to Dibbz tonight! I will be your best friend forever. I don't want to show up and be the only one there. ._.

But now...French Quarter Fest. Woooooooooooooo.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So who wants to go to Pensacola with me in two weeks? It the same day as HOBO, May 2. I'm thinking of leaving Friday afternoon/ night and coming back after the tournament. Also, there have been specific requests for Lee to come to this, haha. Lemme know soon. I have space for two people.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Man, that had to be one of the funnest competitions I've ever been to for anything, for serious. I actually got to play other people as well so I could actually gauge myself.

Wow... I went from last to 17th, not bad considering I lost to two top 10's.

Stop...Shoutout time!

HyRo: dude that was some funny *** ****, just to get mcdonalds. Sucks I had to play you first round and and in doubles TWICE, but i feel i can somehow beat you at least once in a set, i just dont know how...yet.

Batto: It was nice actually getting to talk to you and play some friendlies. I completely suck against pika, and i dont know why. I dont like the fact that I beat you, yet you placed the same as me... just playin. I think my bro and I will be coming to dibbz, but I'm not exactly sure. I would like to be the one to say you are NOT the worst player in LA, trust me on that one.

James: OMG that was some good **** man. My bro plays diddy as well, but your playing style is sooo different from his style, you dont even kno. Yours is so much better, too. Looking forward to playing you more often.

Randall: Another great setup. Those were some fun doubles matches! Are you gonna post all of the tourney matches on youtube? If not, could you post all of mine or give them to me somehow? That would be great, since I would like to evaluate myself.

Bomber: I finally got to play you, yet you didnt play your PT. I play HyRo's TL on a weekly basis, so I kinda know him well. Also, I thought it was kind of ironic that you spammed bombs a lot, idk if you do that on purpose or not. You should try to learn the arrow cancel thing where you shoot quickly when you land, just ask someone (hyro or lee) to teach you.

Arcadia: Why am I shouting out to you when you live with me? Cuz I can. Congrats on your top 10, now STFU about it. :)

Everyone else... GG's and and a BOHEHEHE.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@ Jnig- I know how to arrow cancel. My TL is just utter crap. Idk why but ever since I went back to PT, my TL game has suffered horrendously. I just have a feeling with him anymore. And yes I spam bombs on purpose, it's my thing. If I played Hyro more, and he helped me out with my TL, I'm sure I would definitely see some improvement, however, I'm here in BR as well, he's in Kenner. If You want, if you and your bro come to LasT Smash, I'll go PT on you. I was thinking of going PT, though I really wanted to practice my TL, lol I kinda figured I was losing alt because you played Hyro so much. GG's anyway.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I don't even know. I think I might quit this game until I get a car... honestly, things are too hard and to play smash on the side is practically impossible. Not only that, but playing 1-2 times a month really doesn't cut it for practice, and I'm tired of not doing anywhere as good as I can do because I never play the game.

Top Bottom