• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'll be down, just post up a time and if peeps need rides that live in the Kenner/Metarie area call me.

<_< Sorry batto, but D-han's like . . .

[edit]

Scratch that nvm

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
okay, so the guy who is hosting that tourney at the la quinta motel this saturday is wondering who can bring setups.? It's the patrick guy, vegeta x i think, but he said there should be a decent tourney but some of you on here should try to make it. its this saturday and it has the same rules as dibbz. i forgot to post it on here though lol.

Curlz

Smash Lord
My birthday is coming up and I thought it'd be fun to have a smash fest / tourny at my house sometime this month. Who would come? Its about 15 minutes southwest of Lafayette.

We could have it on June 12, June 13, June 19, or June 20. Which day would yall prefer?

I have room for alot of setups.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
okay, so the guy who is hosting that tourney at the la quinta motel this saturday is wondering who can bring setups.? It's the patrick guy, vegeta x i think, but he said there should be a decent tourney but some of you on here should try to make it. its this saturday and it has the same rules as dibbz. i forgot to post it on here though lol.
What time is the tourney, Lee?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Oh ****, that's you nitez? What's up! I remember asking you on AIB to go to tourneys all the time lol. Finally. Great diddy man!

Lee, I'll come if I find a ride. What city is it in? I can bring a TV.

Everyone in Kenner! I got a paper in the mail that said something about a local Play & Trade. I called em and said do you have brawl tourneys? This girl said the turnout isn't that big, but if I can find like 20 ppl, they'll do it! I saw we do it! Lee, Cyphus, RickyB, Roni, Sudai, Jio, Hawks, CJ, everrrrybody, anyone interested? Would anyone come to Play & Trade tournaments? I've always wondered why LA never had those like all other states.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm up for showing up to both tourneys, I just need like info and that's all.

And is the play and trade a pot tourney or like a store credit tourney?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh ****, that's you nitez? What's up! I remember asking you on AIB to go to tourneys all the time lol. Finally. Great diddy man!

Lee, I'll come if I find a ride. What city is it in? I can bring a TV.

Everyone in Kenner! I got a paper in the mail that said something about a local Play & Trade. I called em and said do you have brawl tourneys? This girl said the turnout isn't that big, but if I can find like 20 ppl, they'll do it! I saw we do it! Lee, Cyphus, RickyB, Roni, Sudai, Jio, Hawks, CJ, everrrrybody, anyone interested? Would anyone come to Play & Trade tournaments? I've always wondered why LA never had those like all other states.
Sure, I'd be up for it, I'll just need to know when where and $ and a ride.

eet

Smash Ace
Well, guys. It's official. I'm moved out of the apartment, though we still have another month on the lease and I still have the key so I can hang out there whenever anyone wants to.

I wanna hang out a little bit this summer before I completely go away for good. Though I'd rather not play Smash, I might be able to spare a few games here and there just to pass a little time. Sorry I've been a jerk towards Brawl. If anyone wants to hang, give me a ring or something.

I'm sure you guys will see me hanging around at tourneys, though as usual, I won't be participating in them. I'll bring a different game for people to play or something.

See you guys around.

Mocha

Hyro

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter when. We can pick the date lol. When are you guys willing to show up to P&T?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I know where the play n trade is but where's the tourney that Lee's talkin bout? Also I found something interesting while looking at the ruleset for EVO. Brawl's there but its sponsored by AiB but here's the rule in question:

If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins. If a player ends the match by swallowing with King DeDeDe or Kirby, and it counts as a tie the player whom initiated the swallowing wins. Unless the character breaks out prior to death and is shown winning the match. In which case, that stands as the correct result.
So does anyone know what the backroom thinks about the italic part or do we just rule it a tie? I personally like it considering Inhale isn't nearly as reliable as a move with super armor (yeah I know they're bad characters that u probably won't see but w/e). I guess its considered a tie right now but I feel like Inhale is much more risky than Bowser and G-Dorf's >B since all the characters have a way to knock them out of it. This means it takes skill and timing to inhale at the proper time.

Inhale is also breakable so I feel that if someone takes advantage of their opponent in this fashion they deserve to be rewarded since the opponent has the advantage in most situations. Right now the Kirby boards are analyzing kirbycides but from the initial analysis on an inhale break some characters get a guaranteed FS to kill Kirby, some characters get FS'd by Kirby, some characters go either way, and some characters have no consequence or advantage. I'm pretty sure the current ruling is the standard tie rule but I'm just curious as to what ppl here think.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm down for P&T as long as it's either on a Saturday or Sunday. I might be able to make a Friday, but that could be tough since I get off work around 5. :/

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm down for P&T as long as it's either on a Saturday or Sunday. I might be able to make a Friday, but that could be tough since I get off work around 5. :/
IF you do come bring the whole group that was with you again. They were fun. :]

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
IF you do come bring the whole group that was with you again. They were fun. :]
Sarah is gonna be in California for several weeks, but I should be able to get Winnar, Sharkbait, and Cows. You guys still have yet to meet Veaz, Blackout, TEB, Bert, Chef, and Dogdemon, too. :D

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jio was such a ****ing pimp at last. talking **** to hyro in teams was way too funny

on cyphus name randomly? - RickyB

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sarah is gonna be in California for several weeks, but I should be able to get Winnar, Sharkbait, and Cows. You guys still have yet to meet Veaz, Blackout, TEB, Bert, Chef, and Dogdemon, too. :D
That's cool. Tell Sarah I said to have fun in Cali.

On another note, I have two controllers that I want to put together (like RickyB). Can anyone put them together for me? I'm afraid to mess up my controller. Especially my new white one.

Sudai

Stuff here
Curlz, it's retardedly easy. I took apart and reassembled Redson's controller at the tourney on a freaking chair and nothing got broken or lost. All you need is a Tri-wing screwdriver. Open both controllers. Transplant the bottom from one onto the other. Good game.

Esca

Smash Champion
so, I Know You Guys Don't Give A **** And This Isn't My Personal Army/blog And Whatnot, But I Need Some Input On This.

I Fail An Entire Year Of American History, And One Semester Of Geometry. Baton Rouge High Tells Me I Need To Make It Up In Summer School, And Gives Me The Registration Packet. I Fill It Out, Do Everything I Need To, They Tell Me To Take It To Christian Life Academy The First Day Of Classes, And Everything Will Be Fine. I'll Get To Go Back, Etc Etc.

I Do So.

I Turn In My Registration. Everything Is Fine. Then The Woman At The Counter Looks At The Classes-

"american History Is Full."

So Here's What It Is- Baton Rouge High Told Me To Go Here On A Specific Day To Turn In My Registration. Registration For Summer School Turned Out To Be Wednesday/thursday. So Either A. Baton Rouge High Lied To Me. Or B. Baton Rouge High Was Misinformed. Either Way, They Should Take Responsibility For My Problems, And The Fact That I'm Going To Now Have To Repeat The ****ing 11th Grade. Right?

Wrong. Its All My Fault, Apparently. 100%. Does Any Of This **** Seem Right? I Have To Repeat The Entire ****ing Year At A Different School Because Br****ignh Was Too Incompetent To Help Me Out Of A Situation They're Supposed To Help Me Out Of.

Anyway- Input Plox.
Dont Phail.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, it's retardedly easy. I took apart and reassembled Redson's controller at the tourney on a freaking chair and nothing got broken or lost. All you need is a Tri-wing screwdriver. Open both controllers. Transplant the bottom from one onto the other. Good game.
I don't have a triwing screwdriver. I don't feel like buying one just for this either. Could someone do it at the next Dibbz/GWM?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
'Cause Lafayette's an hour away from BR which is another hour and fifteen away from NO.

So probably completely unfeasible, but can we have a tourney that's not on a weekend? Seriously, Friday-Sunday are the days where like I HAVE to work.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, let's hear some ****in opinions.
New tier list comin out this week, what y'all think is gonna happen? To keep it short, I really only care about your char, that'd be awesome.
Oh, and to those that said I have an accent. 3 people told me the same thing this week.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Since the New Orleans area already has a monthly going on how about you let Lafayette have the Play N Trade monthly?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7514892#post7514892
No **** that. Kenner peeps gonna get us some.

So for the Kenner P&T we got:

Me
Jnig
Arc
Bomber
Jio
Sars
CJ
David (maybe)
Hawks (maybe)
Zigsta
Winnar
Sharkbait
Cows

Like 7 more people please.

CJ thanks, fun stuff, we'll do it again.

Also, who the **** are zigsta, winnar, sharkbait, cows, veaz, sarah, blackout, TEB, bert, chef and dogdemon? Do these people play brawl? Do they even live in Louisiana? If so why don't they go to tourneys??

Sudai

Stuff here
New tier list comin out this week, what y'all think is gonna happen? To keep it short, I really only care about your char, that'd be awesome.
Oh, and to those that said I have an accent. 3 people told me the same thing this week.
ROB's moving down, again. Probably Mid tier or close to it at least.

Also, who the **** are zigsta, winnar, sharkbait, cows, veaz, sarah, blackout, TEB, bert, chef and dogdemon? Do these people play brawl? Do they even live in Louisiana? If so why don't they go to tourneys??
Slidell smashers. Cows was the guy with the Pikachu in his Backpack at LasT. Sarah was the girl in blue that played Marth. I don't remember a few of the others, but a bunch of them also didn't go to LasT. From what I understand, they'll be going to more tourneys soon.

Bomber7

Smash Hero

Me
Jnig
Arc
Bomber
Jio
Sars
CJ
David (maybe)
Hawks (maybe)
Zigsta
Winnar
Sharkbait
Cows

Zigsta was my partner in teams and my new PT buddy. Sarah was with him and Cow. Cow was the dude at lasT 3 with the giant Pikachu.

hmmm, the 26? I might just be able to make this. I should be driving in he week.(after the 9th or 10th) only problem I have is getting on that ****ed interstate heading to Lafayette. The traffic during rush hour is horrendous, though I do have a friend who conveniently lives there so maybe I could drive to his house or something. Ok, my mind is not fully awake yet and I'm just taling to myself. I'll think of something to plan this out to try and make it.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Falco's falling. Not enough rep at tourney's and people have him figured out.

---

Sharkbait's like . . . 9 years old. I'll see what I can do about tournaments.

---

Sars, when are you leaving LA? Anybody up for some late night Smashing tonight? I'll probably be available around 11.

---

I'm afraid to double post because Hylian warned me :(

If Popper was a mod he'd be catching double posts every where.

F

Fahey

Me
Jnig
Arc
Bomber
Jio
Sars
CJ
David (maybe)
Hawks (maybe)
Zigsta
Winnar
Sharkbait
Cows

I'm sure RickyB, rOni, Cyphus and the other regulars would be down, I know I would.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I would be surprised if Pokemon Trainer didn't go up by at least one ranking. Though it's solely because of Reflex's awesome skills. And good news, I learned some AT's for my Squirtle today and I think I got them down quite well, with some more practice, I think he should come out better for the next tournament I go to. I'm stupid for not ever visiting that thread.

Top Bottom