• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
New Super Mario Bros. Wii is awesome.

So is Pop'n Music.
The New Super Mario looks fun. If you're coming to LOST can you bring it please?

You should bring it to LasT, would be fun for co-op ;)
And I could bring a couple of Wiimotes with my Wiimote charger if needed too.
I don't think having a bunch of WiiMotes at a big tournament will be a good idea. It messed up alot of people's matches, including mine. Haha.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
No dude, do what makes you happy. I won't pick on you cuz you listen to screamo, just don't pick on country (that goes for all you mutha****as).
And I'm sure some songs you listen to have great lyrics, I won't argue that, I just think I would enjoy them as well if I could understand them. The two bands you mentioned, Slayer and Dimmu Borgir, are good examples. Don't know what the hell Slayer is talkin about, and the other is, what, Scandinavian? Come on.
Slayer doesn't even scream, and Dimmu Borgir wrote their past 5 albums in english. xD

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Mann, first thing I see here is a post from Hyro about rap.

Where's Jio about Clipse?

[edit]

Also eet cheated cause he put Wayne up against Illmatic, and like wtf how many albums with great production can beat out Illmatic? Also social conscious vs mainstream man? Unless it's Outkast man, you really can't compare I really think now cause they're both like made to serve opposite purposes. It just becomes a question of what you prefer.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
No, you proved some people sound like demons when they do it and others sound like little girls.

Country sucks fo sho.

lolWUT??

Wayne is KNOWN for his lyrics. He has the best lines in every rap song...listen to this from No Ceilings:

Swagga just dumb....call it SARA PALIN
If you *****s fly then I must be PARA SAILIN
We, we are not the same I'ma MOTHERFKN ALIEN

^^^^^^

That's some clever ****. Sara palin...para salin....TOO ****ING GOOD lmao

Annnyyyway, I love autotune, it's the ****. Sounds good, makes their voices sound a lot crisper, why the **** not. Your singing a song, not taking a test, you can cheat on it.

Black Eyed Peas are pro, Lupe Fiasco too good, T.I. got some good ones, Akon is a monster

And I always like listening to Sean Kingston, probably cuz of the lil kick of reggae, that's why I think this new guy Iyaz is gonna be big. That song replay is fiiiiiiiiiiiiyah <--(LA vocab :lick:)

EDIT: DIBBZ TODAY, text/ call me to find out whats ups, be there at like...7...or 8 or 9.
If you think Wayne is the best then you're a hip-hop noob. Look up Common, Talib kweli, mos def, The Roots, Immortal Technique, meh there are a few others that are really good but get at me once you listen to the anthology of these guys. Wayne only uses simple puchlines which is very weak and very easy to do. Listen to Gotta Eat by Lupe, literally one of the deepest running metaphors i've ever heard.

edit for seeing Sars' post. The Clipse's mixtapes do everything that wayne does but much better. Their new single is lame but the first two LPs are pretty balla.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Both Mos Def and The Roots dropped albums this year, HOLLA yes I'm on that ****.

Who's excited about Lupe's 3 album opus? Not me honestly lol

Pritch

Smash Lord
So, various new orleans people (me, avery, mohr, etc) are gonna be hanging at dibbz today for some melee. Anyone else want to come by and play?

BEAST12

Smash Rookie
I played my first tourny last month and came out in 7th my name was Harris

Me n ma cuz blaise aka Blaze needs to start training i will enter every tourny he enters for now on plus hes a real good training partner since hes listed as one of the best in the lafayette area

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Both Mos Def and The Roots dropped albums this year, HOLLA yes I'm on that ****.

Who's excited about Lupe's 3 album opus? Not me honestly lol
the first single is pretty weak imo and he made a track for new moon which is pretty gay but i wasn't a fan of dumb it down or superstar but the cool was still a beast and a half. lupe shines in his mixtapes much more than his albums anyway since the higher ups are always gonna want a certain sound

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't think HyRo was saying Wayne was the best, but that he was know for his crazy lyrics, which he is. Whether he's for hip hop "noob" or w/e, doesn't matter to me, I like his music and obv a lot of others do as well. I also happen to like Drake and his upcoming. Oh and I almost forgot to mention how iconic Eminem is...

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Do you guys say L-A Tech like 2 letters then a word? Or do you say it like Lah Tech as in two words?

I apologize for the randomness, and to make it up to you, classic rock is the best, rap and country annoy me, and that screaming stuff can be ok.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I don't think HyRo was saying Wayne was the best, but that he was know for his crazy lyrics, which he is. Whether he's for hip hop "noob" or w/e, doesn't matter to me, I like his music and obv a lot of others do as well. I also happen to like Drake and his upcoming. Oh and I almost forgot to mention how iconic Eminem is...
this .

Turazrok

Smash Master
So, various new orleans people (me, avery, mohr, etc) are gonna be hanging at dibbz today for some melee. Anyone else want to come by and play?
This needs to be done somewhere in BR....... So I can go:laugh:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I'm just saying wayne's lyric aren't that crazy but many people fail to see that due to his exposure in pop media. All Wayne has is a punchline flow which is entry level as far as rapping goes. The artists I listed are true poets lyrically and Wayne can't stand up to them. Moreso people don't like to think too much when they listen to music so the prefer Wayne over someone such as Lupe. You have to actually think to understand Lupe's music in most cases whereas with Wayne you don't.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Do you guys say L-A Tech like 2 letters then a word? Or do you say it like Lah Tech as in two words?

I apologize for the randomness, and to make it up to you, classic rock is the best, rap and country annoy me, and that screaming stuff can be ok.
Lah Tech

-edit-

lololololol

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Eric, it's not fair to use the muh****in Notorious. I don't even listen to rap, but I still love that ballin muh****a. Bust a nut gets my **** pumpin.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Well, I realized my spacing sucks, but the problem is how can I work on it?

GGs to the guys in Laffy. I guess same thing next week?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Freddy and Vaughn... Y'all destroyed my perception of my own life and existence. I threw up like 18 times that day y'all posted on my facebook status. D=

Not really. But seriously, hibachi is really ****ing good. Omg, amazing.

Also, breasticles. That is all.

'V'

Smash Lord
Freddy and Vaughn... Y'all destroyed my perception of my own life and existence. I threw up like 18 times that day y'all posted on my facebook status. D=

Not really. But seriously, hibachi is really ****ing good. Omg, amazing.

Also, breasticles. That is all.
Oops... Sorry, man.

How was the anniversary?

Top Bottom