• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Dude this is a great idea. Srsly if this goes well, start it up in a thread.

My vote is B. The closest person I know who's done this is nuro and thats only a fantasy.
-t2

Trapt497

Smash Ace
**** that was fast...way to ruin it. Lol jk. Good job.

*sigh* Halloween wins he got it first.

*hands you an internet cookie*

*croud cheers*

Ahhhh dang. I thought at least a couple people would guess before the actual answer came up. t2 came in a close second so he gets an internet cookie too lol.

EDIT: haha thanks t2. I might though I'd have a hard time finding things, and plus a couple people around here are starting to get a little weary of the 'spam' threads (Jeepy especially).

EDIT #2: Maybe I should have let it go for a bit longer before announcing that someone had won...oh wells.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yay internet cookie, ill put it next to my stars.

I dont think there would be much of a problem, I started a question thread based off of my Public Questions I do in here. Went fairly well, got a good number of pages.

Plus its a community thing, and it'd be fun. If you dont make the thread, then I will and you'll get the credit for the idea.
Plus it allows more ppl to find out about each other and the things they do here.
Jeepy can have a cow, but go do it.
-t2

Trapt497

Smash Ace
alright, I'll do it. I'll need the help though, coming up with possible truths and lies, if you don't mind. I'll give you credit for helping, like you were gonna do for me if i decided not to do it.

When I start the thread, I want to do those answer choices but I probably shouldn't since everyone can see the answer lol. You think I should just put up those answer choices and hope not many of them are reading this? Or should I come up with new statements?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Um... well, just for now we can make a list of "truths" and "lies". And then later post 5 at a time or 4, depends on how many pop up.

For how its posted, just have one place where the new one will always be, and then the previous one below.

To make it harder though, we can do something like, only one is a truth and the people have to guess who said it. It could be a little far out, but enough to where it can be guessed.
-t2

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I think it's a good idea! As long as we have a place where we can tactically discuss Lucario (and as long as it doesn't get flooded out by spam), I don't care how many silly threads are made!

So yeah, please do it, Trapt.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Great idea, thanks for the cookie, but please do not make me guess who said an arbitrary quote. I don't mind guessing the true one, but there is no way I would remember the individual who said it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So then its decided.
And truths about everyone need to be made, the more about everyone the better.

Then the lies and 1 truth part will be fun. Even if you don't know who said it, they would have to look around for it. (Clues can be given)
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
its hard to read, but hilarious.
****, if Dazzle recorders only worked on mac's....
-t2

Timbers

check me out
Pit is extremely easy to gimp offstage.
-Pit has 3 jumps, none of which give him any height, if he's able to get to the stage with those, jump out and dair him.
-Pit's glide is easy and predictable, stay on the stage if he glides and double team when he gets near you, even if he doesn't attack it'll take him too long to counter-attack (cept maybe an arrow which does 3 damage)
-Pit's upB is HORRIBLE. It goes high sure, but if he gets hit, he's done.

Basically what I do is that if pit is above the stage (while being far left or right) I wait for a glide attack. Otherwise ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS jump out after him with fair's and dairs. Pit is so easily gimpable it's funny. (Just make sure to hit him)
Pit's uB pushes you away from him and (I believe) he has invincibility frames in the startup. Plus his ledgesnap is huge.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
What's the easiest way to join IRC (least installments, logins, etc.) and what do you do there?
Just go to the web site one.
Click on Webchat.
Type in the middle boxes, Username and #lucario

BAM
your in.
and what we do is always random, either funny, or informational or brawling.
-t2

Arqan

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah forgot about falcon and ganon... -.- well anyways theyre no where near the awesome as lucario (Captain Falcon ALMOST is. Galactic falcon punch ftw) Seriously they should have put Riolu into the game instead of Lucario... Or as an alternate costume :D

Edit: Why didn't Sakurai give the good things from mewtwo to lucario... His throws were nice :D

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Then you haven't played a good Pit because I 100% guarantee you can not gimp a good Pit. No question. And his Up B is Amazing! Dont forget we can Up B under the stage to the other side before you can get there if forced The only ppl who have the best chance to gimp a Pit is Pit, ROB and MK. Of course we can just decide to not get aggressive at the edge and glide or jump to safety instead of trying to attack while we return

Getting gimped as easy as you mentioned is a sign of a Bad Pit player
^_^
You have to get below the stage first, most of Lucario's attacks (none actually) send the opponent down, so unless you voluntarily fall your upB under the stage isnt that great of an idea. If you do just fall, you'll see a WoP of fairs or a bair in your face. I've seen many pit players also go half way under the stage, then turn around to throw the opponent off. Those pit users find a crippling aura sphere in their face as i use my upB to get back to the stage.

Also I do play against a **** good pit, not that that means anything here since I can't back it up but I play against a pit user the most. I know exactly how far his upB goes when it comes to recovering, which isn't very far. You have to get some pretty fancy dodging in to avoid the disjointed hitboxes if you're knocked off.

I'm not saying pit has a bad recovery or sucks or anything, but he' not as built for off-stage fighting as he should be.

umm in cornaria.... i can hit the top ceiling with pits up b... and then when people are about to attack you just mash b -> or tha a button

blocks aura spheres and A-> does decent damage
Pit's upB can go above the camera yes, but that doesnt mean it's that great. If pit tries to attack or gets attacked while in his upB he starts flashing and can no longer move, just fall and DI. That's what i mean about a horrible recovery. Even Lucario gets to upB again if he gets hit while doing it.

Or he could go under the stage.
Pit's glide under the stage is true, that one gets me, but his upB under the stage, it's slow and unless he edgedrops (which he shouldnt be able to do since we're the one's edgegaurding in the question that was asked) a fair or dair will stop his upB and cripple him. While Lucario extremespeeds to saftey.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I'm not saying pit has a bad recovery or sucks or anything, but he' not as built for off-stage fighting as he should be.

Pit's upB can go above the camera yes, but that doesnt mean it's that great. If pit tries to attack or gets attacked while in his upB he starts flashing and can no longer move, just fall and DI. That's what i mean about a horrible recovery. Even Lucario gets to upB again if he gets hit while doing it.
first off.... error in the red font...

third... its easy to not get hit in the first place as pit with the amount of control you have...

it dosent matter how low pit goes (unless he hits the stage basement...)
he will always be able to recover... lucarios lack of a spike makes this much worse...

while lucarios moves do a lot of damage none of them have good force (aside from dt) at the low percentages...(and even dt isnt 100% recomended.)

Oh yeah forgot about falcon and ganon... -.- well anyways theyre no where near the awesome as lucario (Captain Falcon ALMOST is. Galactic falcon punch ftw) Seriously they should have put Riolu into the game instead of Lucario... Or as an alternate costume :D

Edit: Why didn't Sakurai give the good things from mewtwo to lucario... His throws were nice :D
look at this and then say that cfalcon is "almost" as awesome.. he and lucario are neck and neck.
their is also one other video but i cant find it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

as for the mewtwo question... lucario would then be as broken as MK...
Pit's glide under the stage is true, that one gets me, but his upB under the stage, it's slow and unless he edgedrops (which he shouldnt be able to do since we're the one's edgegaurding in the question that was asked) a fair or dair will stop his upB and cripple him. While Lucario extremespeeds to saftey.
so let me get this strait... your going to jump offscreen in a attempt to hit pit... and then extreeme speed back? you might as well say that your going to DT him in mid air...

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Am I too late for the church of Lucario? I got the Commandments and everything!

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF THE CHURCH OF LUCARIO​

1.Thou shalt accept Lord Lucario as thy one true main. Using Him is a privilege so if thou mains Him, thou shalt consult the ancient tome of Pope Milln, The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with Updates! And Jazz Hands!)

2.Thou shalt manage thy Aura. If thy Aura is low, combo thy adversary. If thy Aura is high, knock thy adversary’s lights out.

3.Thou shalt charge thou Aura Sphere. It will damage all heretics in it’s path and shall be thy most useful tool. Use it well, but not too often, or thou faces the risk of Reflector/Bucket/Cape/Franklin Badge

4.Thou shalt perform thy Lord’s Car Dance whenever it is appropriate. If not, thou faces the wrath of Lord Lucario, Pope Milln and the many followers of thy one true Lord.

5.Thou art recognised as a True Lord Lucario devout whenst thou purchases thy Lord’s T-Shirt designed by His favoured thread: The Lucario Chat Room.

6.Force Palm Chain Grab can drive back the evil serpent that worms it’s way into thy mind. Resist the lure of the Snake with the viciousness of a Lucario.

7.Double Team a Smash Spammer. They deserve it and will reward you in the next life. IF Lord Lucario even allows them to have a next life.

8.If thy adversary falls to thou, use the Up Taunt. It gains you favour with thy Lord and lets thy adversary know just who they were futilely trying to best.

9.DAir Curbstomp is the smex. Use thy moves well and victory shall follow

10.Thy Lord Lucario is absolute Bad ***. Even when Pink, On Fire, Wearing Pika’s Headband and Balancing A Cup Of Styrofoam Water On His Tail.

So how are they?

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Am I too late for the church of Lucario? I got the Commandments and everything!

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF THE CHURCH OF LUCARIO​

1.Thou shalt accept Lord Lucario as thy one true main. Using Him is a privilege so if thou mains Him, thou shalt consult the ancient tome of Pope Milln, The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with Updates! And Jazz Hands!)

2.Thou shalt manage thy Aura. If thy Aura is low, combo thy adversary. If thy Aura is high, knock thy adversary’s lights out.

3.Thou shalt charge thou Aura Sphere. It will damage all heretics in it’s path and shall be thy most useful tool. Use it well, but not too often, or thou faces the risk of Reflector/Bucket/Cape/Franklin Badge

4.Thou shalt perform thy Lord’s Car Dance whenever it is appropriate. If not, thou faces the wrath of Lord Lucario, Pope Milln and the many followers of thy one true Lord.

5.Thou art recognised as a True Lord Lucario devout whenst thou purchases thy Lord’s T-Shirt designed by His favoured thread: The Lucario Chat Room.

6.Force Palm Chain Grab can drive back the evil serpent that worms it’s way into thy mind. Resist the lure of the Snake with the viciousness of a Lucario.

7.Double Team a Smash Spammer. They deserve it and will reward you in the next life. IF Lord Lucario even allows them to have a next life.

8.If thy adversary falls to thou, use the Up Taunt. It gains you favour with thy Lord and lets thy adversary know just who they were futilely trying to best.

9.DAir Curbstomp is the smex. Use thy moves well and victory shall follow

10.Thy Lord Lucario is absolute Bad ***. Even when Pink, On Fire, Wearing Pika’s Headband and Balancing A Cup Of Styrofoam Water On His Tail.

So how are they?
Oh god...I'm pretty sure this is blasphemy...

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I'm going to hell anyway. I'm just having fun while doing so.

Doesn't stop the Church of Cpt Falcon anyway.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ok, first off, Pit's recovery is pretty bad. Because of the slow horizontal air movement and small jumps he can easily eat an Fair. Spikes don't mean crap on Pit when you just have to sneeze on him and he'll die. It is also safe to attack him when he is doing his UpB because he can't attack or else he'll die and 1 attack, be it Falco's Laser, Snake's cardboard box, or anything else, and he will die.

Second, Number 6 was very clever, but I think we're going too far with the Lucarionism now...

Nodrak

Smash Ace
first off.... error in the red font...
It's horrible in the sense that once he's hit, he's done, but great in the sense that he can recover from any spot on the map (sorry just woke up when I wrote it)

third... its easy to not get hit in the first place as pit with the amount of control you have...
On-stage I agree somewhat, but offstage.. I have to disagree

it dosent matter how low pit goes (unless he hits the stage basement...)
he will always be able to recover... lucarios lack of a spike makes this much worse...
Which is completely negated by the fact that Lucario can fall down, dair, then ES back up. (assuming Lucario hits of course)

while lucarios moves do a lot of damage none of them have good force (aside from dt) at the low percentages...(and even dt isnt 100% recomended.)
EXACTLY my point. Lucario isn't an offstage killer, he's an offstage gimper. He has enough force to push the opponent to the point that he can't recover, then recover himself. Though dair can have a nice bit of knockback.

so let me get this strait... your going to jump offscreen in a attempt to hit pit... and then extreeme speed back? you might as well say that your going to DT him in mid air...
Why would I jump offscreen? I have the patience to wait a second, then jump down.

About those 10 commandments..... O.O
lol @ #9

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Ok, lets get those gears turning again. Time for another....

Public Question #8!!
If Lucario when to school (high or college) what classes would he take?
-t2

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
He needs to take classes?

Lucario apparently self-taught himself how to speak multiple languages, aura-y kung fu, and how to balance a styrofoam cup on his tail.

Lucario's some smart business.

Milln

Smash Champion
He wouldn't take classes. He'd just stare up at the clock and count the Hours>Minutes>Seconds until it was Beastage o'clock. Then, i'm afraid, everyone else has simply run out of time.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ok, lets get those gears turning again. Time for another....

Public Question #8!!
If Lucario when to school (high or college) what classes would he take?
-t2
Thast a tough question. I'd say...

• gym...he needs to keep in shape duh
  • weight training...cause he's a beast
  • some sort of sociology class...he can see other people's aura
  • psycology...Sakurai stated himself that Lucario uses telepathy. this class also helps him predict what his opponents are thinking/what they will do next

thats it for now...can't think of anymore.

lol at Milln's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom