• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Playstyle Thread: Clean-up! Clean-up! (editing some of the sections)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Done with Diddy, sheesh, the only decent videos I could find were Lee Martin's. Most of them were really old, before diddy's banana game became good.
Edit:
Added more stuff about shielding. Prolly will go more in depth later.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
something I noticed while playing a diddy recently: If you perfect shield the banana hitting you then the banana makes you trip. I'm not sure if thats known(I'm sure it has to be at this point and Im just now learning) or if it even happens everytime. However, I remember several times perfect shielding the banana only to trip anyway... I think its because the perfect shielding placed the banana right at my feet so as soon as my shield began to wear down it caused the trip. um... thought it deserved mention as I didnt even think this should happen, and wouldn't have believed it if it didnt happen to me and some of my friends several times.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Bad news guys, due to the new school security system (8e3000), it blocks smashboards, and I've tried everything from proxies, remote desktop, and pinging, and they don't work, so I'll be coming here A LOT less often.
I guess G&W is next.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Boo new school security system. (why smashboards?!) anyway thanks for picking G&W i need help on that one. ( i have been getting a flood of new rivals recently. the reason? they all hate lucario and want to have him exterminated.)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I think we should just follow the weekly discussion. ROB is next.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
to be honest with you, I want to do different characters from what is being discussed in the matchup thread (this place is pretty dead as it is). Besides, ROB has already been done.
Maybe I should clean up a bit on this, some of this stuff is a little old.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Can I suggest Wolf next? For some reason I don't think I should have as much trouble playing Wolfs as I do.
*Checks*
Let's see...
Oh, I've done Wolf as well!
That's a good sign that this stuff has been living long.
but it's also a sign that I'm not doing much to get it organized T.T (I should put some fancy wiki scripting or something like that)
Another character? Or Cleanup of the previous entries?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well for one thing, I'm thinking the "balanced" section is somewhat unnecessary, should I lump it in with the others? It really only discusses specifics that could fall in the other categories.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Ummm, back.
Well the other categories have specifics that can leak into balanced as well Phil. Just keep it as is.
Perhaps more bullet points.
It makes it more eye appealing and easier/faster to read.

And maybe pikachu for the next character in the distant future of choice.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Worked on the General section area, want some input (got rid of all the DT shenanigans, since it's garbage pretty much, and worked on some basic, more metagame emphasis, also ommited lots of dsmash/BAS, since new players should work less on these since they're very situational).
Any suggestions?

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Well, personally I think you might want to keep balanced as a style, but personally I've always viewed balance as being able to switch between the styles more than incorporating both... you balance time playing each way, switching up when necessary.

That said, I'd like to see Olimar done (Don't play with any good Olimars...). Admittedly, I just have problems with the guy, and would like to see what comes up. Could be lack of experience fighting him, but I could've sworn I saw it mentioned somewhere that he can be tricky without knowledge of the matchup, so it might be a good one to do.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't really have any "great" Olimars around me anymore, but I'll try Olimar based on analyzing videos. Wow, this thread almost seemed to get off the first page (aka "the living zone").

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I don't really have any "great" Olimars around me anymore, but I'll try Olimar based on analyzing videos. Wow, this thread almost seemed to get off the first page (aka "the living zone").
Not quite that far yet phil. but it was close

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I decided to edit this some more and add Olimar in. This almost died yet again lol, and for those who've seen this you can tell especially like the MK section is old.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm glad you like it, but I'll have to close it down probably, or do a massive update if people reeeeaaaaally want me to continue this. A lot of the info is really old, lots of it can still be applied currently though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom