• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
WHY do we need at least one type of fighting pokemon? Couldn't you say that for any pokemon anyways? (Ex: we need at least one type of water pokemon, one type of earth pokemon, one type of blah blah blah) If you're going to NEED a type of Pokemon for some dumb reason, why can't it be a type of element that's not ALREADY BEING USED BY AT LEAST FIVE OTHER SMASH BROS. CHARACTES? You have Poison, Water, Ground, and Air and even Bug if you want, ALL of which are generally not in use by at least FIVE other characters so WHY do we need fighting instead of that? Is it because a fighting pokemon will "fit in" more? Is it so important that you choose an uncreative "DUH" character who will be martial arts simply because it's so stupidly easy and uncreative to have a martial artist in the game that you can't go out and do something actually UNIQUE with an element that isn't being used by 5+ other characters already in the game? Sakurai saying we need a fighting pokemon just because fighting "fits in" would be the epitome of uncreativity and laziness! Obviously fighting "fits in". That's why we have so many characters in Smash that already use it and why if anything, it's the opposite and we DON'T need any more.

OOOOO, GASP! ANOTHER MARTIAL ARTIST instead of an air, water, earth, or poison style that isn't being used by any other character. We DEFINATELY *NEED* THAT type of pokemon!

Given that the only pokemon so far in Smash are lightning (x 2), normal, and psychic, I highly doubt Sakurai is saying to himself, "Gosh! We don't have [insert type of pokemon that's specifically fighting as opposed to all the other types which are a lot more differentiated from the other characters despite all the tons of martial artists we have already] here yet! This must be rectified!"

And I know there are many styles of martial arts. That doesn't change the fact that the GAMEPLAY difference won't be ******SUPER****** different as opposed to just different. That and the very least people could do when arguing that is stop bringing up ninja martial arts. Why does EVERYTHING have to be a friggin' ninja these days? (especially when we already have Sheik for ninja actions. Sure, it might not be YOUR idea of ninja, but it's still obviously ninja so choose a different martial art style!)

kaid

Smash Master
Tiamat said:
That and the very least people could do when arguing that is stop bringing up ninja martial arts. Why does EVERYTHING have to be a friggin' ninja these days? (especially when we already have Sheik for ninja actions. Sure, it might not be YOUR idea of ninja, but it's still obviously ninja so choose a different martial art style!)

Watch the bloody movie! It explains all!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
...great, are you saying that not only will Lucario be a martial artist when we already have tons of martial artists, but the movie establishes him to be ninja style of martial arts when we already have a ninja (at least in Melee. Can't speak for Sheik in Brawl, obviously, but then again, neither can anyone else)? Well so much for even having a truly UNIQUE martial arts style then.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im more of a Deoxys guy, and dont know much of the 3rd generation of pokemon, but he would make a good adition in my opinion.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . . .Tiamat. . . . Look at the D@@@ movie and see how unique he is!!! Its on youtubes, I will link you if your too lazy.

And I thought you knew Lucario was Steel/ Fighting (DUH), there for he IS one of these different types in the game you so want. We dont even know all his attacks cause all he did was use the wave in the movie.

Also, we dont even know if Sheiks coming back. . . and ninja style can mean SO many different things so ninja style is still up for grabs.

Oh yeah, the wave!!! He is the ONLY pokemon (and character in brawl) that can use the wave(Hoduo(SP?)) and that is one of the things that makes him ninja like. He uses the wave to SEE everything thats going on around him. This kind of 6 sesenc makes him act like a all knowing ninja(but look at the movie cause not going play-by-play on his movies fights).

So he IS one of the different types of the game and would also bring in attacks from his type. . . STEEL attacks. He wouldn't only use ninja style moves but steel types to. So he would use Fighting(ninja style), STEEL attacks AND wave attacks. Thats not unique to you because he would have SOME fighting moves that were ninja style?

And I also think that other types should be in. . . BUT LUCARIO SHOULD BE IN TOO!!! Just because Heracross/ Blaziken/ Grovyle or Swampert could be in in no way means they should not put him in. He is just as, if not more, unique as any air/ water/ grass type.

And look at the first page to see just why he just HAS to be in brawl. He has a F@@@n HUGE fan base. THEN look at the movie. . . theres no pokemon like him.

STEEL attacks
FIGHTING attacks (ninja style) and
WAVE attacks and ablities.
. . . thats not unique?

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
cosidering i never even knew what a lucario was till after reading some of this thread, i may not know alot about this but i'll state my opinion. everyone can't just go around sayin they want their favorite pokemon to be in just because he can fight. I'm no pokemon expert but i'm pretty sure every flippin pokemon there IS can "fight"and therefor fit into a fighting game. Isn't that what the pokemon do, "BATTLE"? Besides, unless it's super popular in Japan it probly won't be in.

kaid

Smash Master
...did you even look at the first post?

You probably havn't heard of him because he isn't even OUT, Stateside.
And yet, this many people are ALREADY hyped about him.

Click on my banner, and watch the clip.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
He looks like he can be a very nice addition. The moveset you made is well made and I agree with McFox with the uniqueness of endure. Nice sig by the way.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Shooting projectile balls from your hand doesn't seem like it'd be something very new or unique in Smash Bros. I'll have to take a look at the movie before I can comment on the overall picture though, although I have absolutely no idea how using "the wave to SEE everything thats going on around him. This kind of 6 sesenc makes him act like a all knowing ninja" could POSSIBLY translate to gameplay at all.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
I've got a few questions, first of all, what did I just watch? I thoiguht I would see him do some awesome moves that showed me he was deserving of a spot in this game. What type is that thing? water I'm guessing because of the whole wave thingy. I would like to see a more evil or misunderstood pokemon in, my pick would be tyranitar, but I stoped playing after gold and silver. Oh, one last question why does that thing have so many followers if it was just in one short movie (in which he barely did anything)?

P.S. I think you overpowered endure, if you can anticipate moves prety good, a player oculd get into the 200% and still be kicking. perhaps it should come out a little slower than reflector and while enduring, you take 1.5 times the damage, but they are still phantom hits.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
the space and time controlling pokes sure will b inthe 1st poke i throw^^. what other new legendary-like pokemon are? and did mew just transform into ho-oh?

kaid

Smash Master
Ryu777 said:
Oh, one last question why does that thing have so many followers if it was just in one short movie (in which he barely did anything)?.
Did you watch the other 10 parts in the sidebar? It's a full 110 minute movie.

Oh, and the "wave" seems to represent Ki or spirit energy.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Tiamat said:
Shooting projectile balls from your hand doesn't seem like it'd be something very new or unique in Smash Bros. I'll have to take a look at the movie before I can comment on the overall picture though, although I have absolutely no idea how using "the wave to SEE everything thats going on around him. This kind of 6 sesenc makes him act like a all knowing ninja" could POSSIBLY translate to gameplay at all.

Well, as I said 2 pages ago. . .

The way I see it, inner focus should be a counter were he closes his eyes and his "dreads" fly up. This means that he is using the wave to see what going on all around him so in that amount of time(it would last as long as Roy's) he could do his counter attack and send attacks/ projectiles flying back.(He could counter by doing a back hand slap because thats were his stikes are or something along those lines)

His wave useing would give him WAY more knowledge about his suroundings which would highten his reflexs, which in turn, gives him the ability to counter on coming attacks.

. . . Look at the movie. . .

And Kaid, have you ever thought about him aiming his wave ball attack? Not like Ness's attack but more like a Link/ Y Lik(forgot whch one) boomerang throw. IDK, that could make him seem closer to his movies self.

kaid

Smash Master
Interesting idea... the Hado(wave) blast could be interesting that way... but it would probably require nerfing the heck out of it to balance.

Imagine the edgegards.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
GenG said:
Lucario scan from Coro Coro magazine. The hadö moves are not a movie only creation, is an exclusive fighting move for Lucario (I think).

The new legendary Pokémon are cool, mech-like. . The black one rules over Time, the black one over Space.
I almost crapped my pants, but instead orgasmed.
Ryu777 said:
I've got a few questions, first of all, what did I just watch? I thoiguht I would see him do some awesome moves that showed me he was deserving of a spot in this game. What type is that thing? water I'm guessing because of the whole wave thingy. I would like to see a more evil or misunderstood pokemon in, my pick would be tyranitar, but I stoped playing after gold and silver.
That's the most stupidest I've ever heard, considering:

GenG said:
Lucario is pretty agile, a steel/fighting combination
Black/Light said:
And I thought you knew Lucario was Steel/ Fighting (DUH)
Black/Light said:
STEEL attacks
FIGHTING attacks (ninja style) and
WAVE attacks and ablities.
Three times steel/fighting, where the last two are from a recent post.

Also, Lucario was never evil at all. If you've actually seen the parts of the movie, you would know he wasn't.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
Interesting idea... the Hado(wave) blast could be interesting that way... but it would probably require nerfing the heck out of it to balance.

Imagine the edgegards.

It could just be sent at a slight angle and not as controled as the boomerang. But I see your point. . . Ill have to think of a way to even it out more before I say something else about it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
YAY!!! New info on Lucario!!!!(^_^)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucario

He has a new ablility called "Humble Heart". Im not sure what it does but I have been hearing on the Nsider that it makes it so that if he flinchs his speed gos way up.

And he also has some new attack called "Wave Guiding Bomb" (I have no idea if I named it right). It's a fighting type move.

And I have seen pics of the new game with Lucario as a player's pokemon(Trading pics of Lucario being traded for a Pachirisu(=New Electric Squirrel type), pics of Lucario attacking a Weavle(sp?) ) and he had a gender (Male) so there is a chance that he isn't a legendary pokemon. . . .

Heres the pic
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/shadowcarlos/Pokemon/dppokescan4.jpg

Pokemon D/ P looks like it's going to be pretty good. I gonna get it once it's released (^_^).

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Black/Light said:
And I have seen pics of the new game with Lucario as a player's pokemon(Trading pics of Lucario being traded for a Pachirisu(=New Electric Squirrel type), pics of Lucario attacking a Weavle(sp?) ) and he had a gender (Male) so there is a chance that he isn't a legendary pokemon. . . .
I'd say, Pachirisu for Brawl! :dizzy:
But seriously, he seems he is going to be the next-gen Pikachu. So lets hope he doesn´t get rocket propelled in popularity...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Tomasiarity said:
I'd say, Pachirisu for Brawl! :dizzy:
But seriously, he seems he is going to be the next-gen Pikachu. So lets hope he doesn´t get rocket propelled in popularity...

I was just thinking about that!!!

He WOULD be a better choice than Pichu. . . NO, I will not even think about this. Lets just hope that. . .D@@@ it this game is coming out in the fall (Japan). . . so lets just hope, all of us, that he get popular too late for brawl to put him in.

(. . . I can tell hes going to be the new Pika. . .Hes going to get popular fast (~_~) )

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
...he isn't even out here, and he's already this popular. I think Lucario might well be, as you said, the next Pikachu

You could very well be right (^_^). . .

(~_~) but they made Pachirisu a Electric Squirrel version of Pika so I hope people dont get all suckered into the whole cute thunder mouse looking thing again.

But, back to Lucario. Does anyone have any ideas on how/ if Humble Heart could be used? (I said how or IF so dont get on my case about it)Or wave guiding bomb?

kaid

Smash Master
Wave guiding bomb seems to be the "Hadoken" move he uses in the game screen, which would imply that it's the movie attack. (Updated moveset in first post)

As for Humble Heart... we need to know what it DOES first, and I havn't found any official word on that.

Black/Light

Smash Master
All I know about Humble Heart is what I here from everyone on the Nsider and wikiped, which is that if he flinches in a fight his speed gos up.

. . .I have no idea if it's just a temp effect that last for a few moves or the whole fight.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
Well, it sounds like something that would be hard to incorporate. The more you get hit, the faster you go?

No, because flinching in the game just makes you loss a turn. . . you dont get hit(The pokemon is just scared of the other and wont attack for a turn).

. . . Maybe if you get hit by a really powerful attack(Bomb, full charged smash, shell ect) you have like a boost in speed for 3-5sec after you get up(Running or attacks. . . Dont know which one would be best).

kaid

Smash Master
Hm... after getting hit by a 15% or greater attack, Lucario becomes faster for X seconds. Possibly 1/2 the percentage loss, or something?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I like how you adressed all of my points and didn't use the he would represent the 4th generation thing as a point.

I would love for lucario to be in brawl as I expect 3 new pokemon to be added and pichu to be removed, Meowth will replace pichu and get a move from the second gen. (repped) and then Deoxys and Lucario can be added then all pokemon generations are added and everon is happy.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Im looking forward to the time and space controlling pokemon. Its likely they will b on brawl (in the pokeballs) along with all the others new legendary pokemon. Deoxys and Lucario for BRAWL!!!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
THREE new pokemon!? I think even two is a stretch, let alone three. If Sakurai really wants even MORE Pokemon representation than one or two new playable Pokemon for some reason, he can just slap in more pokeballs.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Tiamat said:
THREE new pokemon!? I think even two is a stretch, let alone three. If Sakurai really wants even MORE Pokemon representation than one or two new playable Pokemon for some reason, he can just slap in more pokeballs.
OK...this MAY stun you, but amazingly, not everyone shares your view on Pokemon. Like I've said before, being one of the top Nintendo franchises, it sells, and Nintendo knows it. I think three Pokemon and the removal of Pichu is somewhere around what might happen.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
DokturSea said:
OK...this MAY stun you, but amazingly, not everyone shares your view on Pokemon. Like I've said before, being one of the top Nintendo franchises, it sells, and Nintendo knows it. I think three Pokemon and the removal of Pichu is somewhere around what might happen.
Okay, this may stun YOU, but amazingly, Mario is more popular than Pokemon and he only has 4 characters representing his franchise right now.

Y34HDUD3!!! said:
And they have to fill a lot of character space so the more the better. Isn't Meowth 1st gen? he appeared in the very first episode didn't he?
Sakurai indicated maybe 14 more characters for Brawl (same increase as Melee).

We already have Pit, Snake, Zamus, Wario, and Meta Knight confirmed.

Likely there will be two more third-party characters.

The chances of Sakurai including at least one more Mario, Zelda, and the first new Pokemon character are pretty slim. The chances of Sakurai not including Diddy Kong (or another Donkey Kong characer, but most likely Diddy) and another Star Fox character are pretty slim as well.

That's 11 out of 14 characters right there, leaving only 4 more, and we haven't even begun to think of other likely characters such as another Metroid, F-Zero, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, or heaven forbid, a currently unrepresented franchise (Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Staffy, Pikmen, the list goes on) character, yet.

That's NOT "a lot of character space".

kaid

Smash Master
Tiamat said:
Okay, this may stun YOU, but amazingly, Mario is more popular than Pokemon and he only has 4 characters representing his franchise right now.
5, actually, not counting Yoshi. : Mario, Doc, Luigi, Peach, Bowser.

Tiamat said:
Sakurai indicated maybe 14 more characters for Brawl (same increase as Melee).

We already have Pit, Snake, Zamus, Wario, and Meta Knight confirmed.

Likely there will be two more third-party characters.

The chances of Sakurai (not) including at least one more Mario, Zelda, and the first new Pokemon character are pretty slim. The chances of Sakurai not including Diddy Kong (or another Donkey Kong characer, but most likely Diddy) and another Star Fox character are pretty slim as well. (Kaid's note: fixed to make your math work)

That's 11 out of 14 characters right there, leaving only 4 more, and we haven't even begun to think of other likely characters such as another Metroid, F-Zero, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, or heaven forbid, a currently unrepresented franchise (Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Staffy, Pikmen, the list goes on) character, yet.

That's NOT "a lot of character space".
He hinted at 40 charcters, whic is 15 more, not 14. (Shiek never counted in Nintendo's eyes)

Youve accounted for 11, but pulling Doc for, say, Toad or Geno (if Sakura fudges 1-2 "third party" into 1-2 "third party series"), Pichu for Lucario, and Young link for the Hero of Winds.
We can also scrap Roy... as a Japan only character, he only go in for advertizing purposes, whereas Marth was in the First FE for the NES.

That leaves us with 5 slots for things Ridley, Samuri Goh, and 3 new characters.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
First off, I'd like to state how ridiculous Pokemon has become after the second series of them. I'm pretty sure that most of the 4th batch will be amorphous blobs shaded different colors in order to differentiate between them. I'd normally add another comment here that could be taken as rude to Pokemon lovers over 10, but I'll avoid saying that, because I'm a thoughtful guy.

But getting past my own views on Pokemon in general, I think that it'd be folly to add yet another one in there. Is it not enough that we have to tolerate at least 80 of them in SSBM alone, and the four characters in that? It is truly necessary to add a fifth one? Nintendo, I'm sure, isn't pressed for finding new characters enough to add another one of those creatures into the mix.

Top Bottom