• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' MU Thread - Discussing: Sonic

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I think our ftilt outranges his grab.
i looked at this and i'm not sure if this makes complete sense.. Grabs have the highest priority in the game so if we Ftilt him and he grabs would he just take the damage but no knockback? or do u mean just Ftilting him after he tries to grab us and misses.. b/c then i think this might work

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
are you guys still talking about kirby? It's pretty even but if you get knocked off stage you are at risk for getting spiked. Also Lucas is VERY easy to footstool if he breaks out of a kirbycide and you can edge guard him so he won't make it back. I would say no worse than 60:40 in Kirby's advantage, or maybe even 55-45.

Chuee

Smash Hero
are you guys still talking about kirby? It's pretty even but if you get knocked off stage you are at risk for getting spiked. Also Lucas is VERY easy to footstool if he breaks out of a kirbycide and you can edge guard him so he won't make it back. I would say no worse than 60:40 in Kirby's advantage, or maybe even 55-45.
Lucas should never get gimped unless it's someone who can reflect us or absorb/reflect or PKT. You can't gimp him by just knocking him back.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
About how big is the disjoint of Kirby's b-air? Do you think if we space our f-air well we can hit him from w/ his hurtbox extended?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Do we want to do punishment now guys?

F-Smash
D-Smash
U-Smash
F-tilt
D-tilt
U-tilt
U-air
B-air
F-air
N-air
D-air

Galeon

Smash Ace
You dont have to ps Kirby's fsmash to fsmash him back. It's free and easy. Random fsmashes get him killed in the matchup.

I think it's 50-50.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I love double post...

The Tyr combo (I'm going to get flamed for this, I know it)

Yeah, I have to get approval of the Kirby's before I put up a 50/50 MU otherwise we could get some trolls...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I think Kirby has the advantage. Not a big one but there just because he's a better character than Lucas and beats us out in the air. You just have to outplay him.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The question is, how do you outplay him. This is exactly what this thread was for, so explain...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Oh, by outplay I mean just getting reads and outspacing him in general. Which is just a matter of knowing the range of Kirby's moves and the tendencies of your opponent I suppose. It's not like Captain Falcon or the IC's where you an **** around half the time and still win.

Knowing your punishment options is good too but I don't know many of them because Ybm doesn't use Kirby in friendlies and I haven't played him in ages. All I know is you can shield grab his Bair and Dair. It's been like 4 months since I've played his kirby (which is apparantly the best in the country according to M2K @_@)

Wish I had something more specific but I don't right now.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
According to frame Data, I thought you couldn't Sheild Grab his down air? Anyway, you said exactly what I wanted you to say which was as much as you know about the MU. I'm going to have to test stuff out tomorrow when I friendly some of my friends (and possibly start my Lucas DI guide)

heytallman

CTALL
I'm assuming PKT does ok, and I'm pretty sure it hits through Final Cutter. Not sure which aerials, if any, cancel it out. Not really for gimps, but for edgeguarding. S'what I would do.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
His blade will cut through the PKT but any other part will get him hit, so aim for above or behind. Nearly all of his aerials have enough disjoint/priority to take out PKT if we try to use it. However I'd probably find PK Freeze to be effective due to his lack of an aerial projectile and his floatiness.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If he lands on the stage, hold out your PSI magnet :3

Yeah, Kirby doesn't have much that can stop us from on stage edgegaurding. However, he can d-air gimp us legitly, not just a n00b gimp that half the cast says that they can do to Lucas, but a legit gimp. You have to watch out for that. I'd say 45-55

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I'll give it a 45:55 Kirby's favor. I played Allied @ Viridian City and i just about JV 2 stocked him on FD . He then CP'd Brinstar and at first i was like =) and then i was like o.O... he JV 3 stocked me. THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. i think it was bc he was mostly in the air on that stage and i couldn't space very well. My point is, we can win this MU if we are able to space our PKF and move in when he lands for quick nairs/jabs.

orange/xd

Smash Ace
If he lands on the stage, hold out your PSI magnet :3

Yeah, Kirby doesn't have much that can stop us from on stage edgegaurding. However, he can d-air gimp us legitly, not just a n00b gimp that half the cast says that they can do to Lucas, but a legit gimp. You have to watch out for that. I'd say 45-55
sorry, didn't read all of the first part. im a horrible person

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I thought he meant when Kirby comes up, didn't read the whole post
Don't worry, I've seen some people say Lucas can't absorb Ness' PKF because it "outprioritizes" Magnet.

Don't ask what they were talking about, I don't get it either...

As for the match up I'd still go with 45:55 for Kirby favoring. I guess I only would have one thing to say if you get caught off the edge. Be smart. Save your double jump if you have it and use it when it matters most. Space yourself well when you come back so you don't get gimped with his dair.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is such a versatile character. There really is no good counterpick against this guy. Probably Brinstar. He can shark on this stage, but the lava can prevent it, and it's just a good stage for us in general. Plus the small blastzones make it so easy to kill him here. If he bans it, which he most likely will, then just pick whatever you're comfortable with...Just avoid Delfino, and JJ. Maybe Norfair as a counterpick?

Ban Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise/PS1

Top Bottom