• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' MU Thread - Discussing: Sonic

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Definitely strike Yoshi's. I would say Lylat. It's just a bad stage for us in general...and there are larger blastzones so he can stay at high percentages longer.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucario's a dumb character.

He'll take you to Japes where you can camp him better than he can camp you and it's really funny.

Don't take him to Brinstar. Halberd is a safe choice if you're good there. I like Frigate against him better though just because I like that stage. If you're feeling dangerous you can try Rainbow Cruise.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So:

Strike: Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise
Ban: Yoshi's Island
Counterpick: Halberd, Possibly Frigate Orpheon

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
That sounds good, I don't necessarily like frigate to begin with and Lucarihomo can grab onto the other side wall, while we can die if the plat form goes to high. So generally I would just try and avoid it to begin with haha.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't take Lucario to Frigate. I'm thinking PS2. If it's banned, and the Lucario banned Halberd, then just pick whatever you think is comfortable

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So it looks like I'm going to wrap up the Lucario discussion tomorrow, any last words?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
i wouldn't want to CP brinstar against lucario bc he can still somwhat ledge cling by the part that breaks apart can't he? we also wouldn't want his Usmash to lag anymore than what it does bc of the stage environment.

Ban ~ I'd say Yoshi's. wall cling is too good and it's also hard to recover on this stage if you are too close to the wall. (unless you're Galeon)

CP ~ uhh... BF? maybe halberd (low ceilings will help kill him earlier) OR if you're feeling risky, Rainbow Cruise
Lucario's a dumb character.

He'll take you to Japes where you can camp him better than he can camp you and it's really funny.

Don't take him to Brinstar. Halberd is a safe choice if you're good there. I like Frigate against him better though just because I like that stage. If you're feeling dangerous you can try Rainbow Cruise.
I like this guy's way of thinking :) haha.

Yeah, i think we pretty much covered all there is to cover. I've got no more input.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The main reason why Lucario would pick Japes is because of how he can take advantage of stage borders. If played properly, he can live for a looooooooong time.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I spent a few minutes yesterday accurately graphing the range of Lucas's Usmash.

We just have to stay out of the yellow circles and we'll be fine.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Actually, I need to know what everyone thinks of the ratio or does everyone think they can agree on 45:55 his favor?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
wait a minute, I thought Lucario players were people that mained both Lucas and Mario. Crap, now I'm going to have to delay the MU... (JK, but I have to wait until tomorrow because my mom is an internet nazi right now...)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
U know what they say, bros b4 hoes.
Anywho, I'll also say that if you want to make your fight easier, DI lucario second jab. This is old information, but there are still lucarios out there who AA->FP, and it's pretty punishable if you can DI into the ground and spotdodge.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
well I guess that, that is very convienient for you because we're disucussing him next...

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
I find this the easiest match-up in S-tier for us. Dedede can pull of a chaingrab against us, and force us off the ledge. Because he has multiple jumps, you'll wanna wavezap most of the time, so he can't hit you out of PKT2. If you are forced to PKT2, then at least do it far away, but close enough to PKT2 onto the stage. Although, try to make it a lagless landing, because you'll end up eating a U-tilt. On the stage, PKF spam is ftw. The whole part of this match up is spacing, like with the GW matchup. Don't use Dair too much, if you get predictable, you'll get another U-tilt. PKT edgeguard when he's off the ledge. Try to force him to use his Up-B. You can usually pull of an U-Smash if he uses it.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
if you disagree, state your reasons and why. plus we are on d3 now, we can rediscuss lucario later. **** 08er :mad:

on to d3! d3 vaguely reminds me of sf4 zangief in two ways- they are both grapplers and once you learn the matchup things become much easier. empty short hop will work against him as if you are approaching from the air he will try to bair/dair us. on the ground he will grab us if we are close too him and throw his minions when we are far away. really play safe and bait his attacks and capitilzie. don't try to dair approach him ~100% as his utilt clears right through it. id say its an even matchup.

*waits for the d3 boards to come in here and yell at me*

GreyClover

Smash Apprentice
Space good and you won't get chain grabbed. Use Fairs and Nairs to start up combos. Oh and keep your Fsmash fresh.

lol that's all I can think of today :/

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Since his entire arm is out during his grab, I'd think that learning his grab range is important. It will allow you to properly space your aerials to make sure that if he tries to grab, he'll get hit. Because he extends his hurtbox while he grab you can make it so he'll get hit if he grabs. Obviously don't be like d-air for your life, if anything, since he's so fat, n-air is a combo god. I'd say space your f-airs. Obviously watch out for his b-air when he's facing the other way. But since he's so fat he has low aerial manuverability and you should try to predict his landing and PKF. I have little experience in this MU so I'm mainly just theorycrafting. Oh, but something I do know, if he's charging his f-smash, don't roll to punish; you're going to get yourself hurt. Instead I'd jump over him and possibly d-air.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
PKF can help you escape DDD's grabs from time to time but it's kinda situational but keep it in mind. Obviously don't use any moves that are easily punishable such as D-smash or U-smash.

Top Bottom