• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks, I mean, I'm an alright looking guy, 6'4-6'5 and I'm really nice to people, just got a bad acne problem, skinny as a twig too LOL.

I'm still gonna try though, I've had a lot of girls like me, brushed em all off, but now I actually like one, kinda exciting but scary at the same time ya know?

http://prntscr.com/fjrxk
Hey you sound like me! :o

And i'm reasonably sure I've got 3 min of recording stuff. I've been aiming for good stuff recently and it's also turned up some really surprising combos. If I can get it all sent to Jamwa I can show you some of my greatest moments ever. :p

I love this idea of a community combo video. I suggest we have at the very least about 3 or 4 to 7 or 8 clips from each person doing insane stuff. Also try to make it as varied as possible.

Also, the other day my brother and I pulled off one of our major goals and RECORDED it (as we made sure the match was 3 min long). We've been attempting it for a long, long time and only just pulled it off because it's so difficult. it looks really amazing when you do it. We call it the co-op tower. It's basically a stage made via stage builder that consists of a large block tower. We made ours 2 blocks across (left-right) and near the whole height of the biggest stage you can do on the builder. Optionally you can also put two drop-through platforms way out to either side (one on each side) at the top of the stage.

From there comes the action. Basically, your job is to jump down to the bottom of the tower, then make your way back up on the other side. You can't (or shouldn't, if you've made the tower high enough) get back up using zap jump to PKT2, so what do you do? Why, you get up with your partner (another Lucas, gotta be a person, not some weird computer player! :p )! To do this, you have to aim your PKT2 so that you barrrel in to the other person. They need to get out of your thunder before your knockback hit (which takes some good SDI and a bit of luck) and then they PKT2 in to you, and so on until you reach the top. Sounds easy, right? Anything but. Though, i think i'll leave that realization to you! :D

Anyway, good to say hi to you guys again ;D

PS: My brother can't zap jump well and even I have problems doing it reliably, so we don't zap-jump when doing the tower. That's a good way to make it more challenging, or you can just increase the height of the tower.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Screw the PS3, I'ma get a Wii U.
I'm not really sold on the Wii U yet, no games that look interesting. Maybe Mario Kart, SSB4 and Dragon Quest X will be enough to get me to buy it, but I don't know.

Also I need to play FFXIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns (when it comes out) and FFXIV. I have been wanting XIV forever but I don't have a strong enough computer to play it.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Donkey Kong 64 might get a 2nd game (camelot was talking about it), Sonic Adventure 3 had it's name registered and the guy who did Knuckles rap was rehired so that's possible, Black Ops 2, Tekken, idk what else but there was more.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Hey Fae do you know the exact inputs for a Footstall DJC, and also how to wavebounce without a b-stick/c-bounce setup (or if thats impossible, with the c-bounce)?
I kinda forgot the input because i haven't played brawl in forever. I'm pretty sure it's Control Stick jump --> Button Jump (Y, X, or whatever you have) --> Airdodge --> Zair. The airdodge right after the double jump makes the zair drop.

To Cbounce, it's exactly the same as Bsticking except you have to press a Special button when you hit the Cstick. So like hold right on the control stick + press left on the Cstick + R (assuming R is set to Specials). To wavebounce without Bstick or Cbounce, it's a lot harder. You input a turnaround B and then a B reverse. So if you want to Bstick a PK Fire while you're jumping towards the right, you would gently move the Control Stick to the left and press B for the turnaround and then immediately slam the Control Stick right for the B reverse.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I kinda forgot the input because i haven't played brawl in forever. I'm pretty sure it's Control Stick jump --> Button Jump (Y, X, or whatever you have) --> Airdodge --> Zair. The airdodge right after the double jump makes the zair drop.

To Cbounce, it's exactly the same as Bsticking except you have to press a Special button when you hit the Cstick. So like hold right on the control stick + press left on the Cstick + R (assuming R is set to Specials). To wavebounce without Bstick or Cbounce, it's a lot harder. You input a turnaround B and then a B reverse. So if you want to Bstick a PK Fire while you're jumping towards the right, you would gently move the Control Stick to the left and press B for the turnaround and then immediately slam the Control Stick right for the B reverse.
Thanks a lot, yet i have another question ^^
how is hyutter quickly picking up a nana while in a SH then throwing it so quickly?
he does it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UfsH-JRkTh8#t=11s
is it airdodge cancelling?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
As soon as he SH's he airdodges to pick up the banana then immediately drops it with A. It's the same way Link and Toon Link drop their iBombs (airdodge and drop the bomb at the same time)

Jamwa

Smash Champion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Ah, hang on, are you talking about reversing the specials? I've been doing that recently, turns out the reverse PK fire can be done with a wiichuk, it just takes some practice and it's reasonably hard. (I mean, running to the left say, jumping to the left, PK fire-ing while suddenly moving to the right, though the bolt still comes out to the left). I just remember all the videos saying it could only be done with the GC controller. Well they're WRONG! >:-D

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Mekos I love you.

Homo intended.

Anyways, woke up this morning, 2 coyotes killed one of my cats, can't find her.
y god y

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I heard about a Coyote plague in Australia some days ago in the Brazilian News,hope your guys know how to get rid of them.

Here in Brazil we have plagues of crockroaches in most of the cities,I live in Sao Paulo and there's many of them.

In some States in the north of Brazil is having a plague of scorpions,and people are dying due to scorpion stings.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I heard about a Coyote plague in Australia some days ago in the Brazilian News,hope your guys know how to get rid of them.

Here in Brazil we have plagues of crockroaches in most of the cities,I live in Sao Paulo and there's many of them.

In some States in the north of Brazil is having a plague of scorpions,and people are dying due to scorpion stings.
Check the lucario social: We've been discussing scorpions, spiders and other venomous creatures for the past few weeks, on and off. :-P

Also, i'm back in sydney and I hear there will be a tournament in October, which suits me fine. :D

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Got 13th of like 32 or something at a tourney yesterday. I rarely ever play brawl anymore though so I wasn't really expecting much to begin with. In my bracket pool I got a Bye R1 then beat BSL 2-0 (ZSS vs Luigi). Then I played Zeton (Fox) in WF. Game 1 I tried ZSS and he beat it pretty handily, it was either a high two stock or a low last stock. Then I went Lucas Games 2 and 3. Game 2 was last hit, Game 3 I two stocked him. So I got first seed.

In bracket I beat Eggman 2-0 (ZSS/Samus vs Yoshi) R1. R2 I had to play Fino (Lucas vs Olimar) and lost 2-1 http://www.twitch.tv/cosmash/b/333925087 (1:25:30). R3 I beat MegaRobMan (Lucas vs Wolf) 2-1, last stock last hit. R4 I lost to Mr. Doom (Lucas vs Ike) 2-1.

I entered Project M too, that was probably the most fun I had at the tourney. A few weeks ago Hylian and Tmacc let me play it and everything felt so different, Lucas is so much more fun in PM than in Brawl. Friday night at the hotel before the tourney was my first time getting actual human practice with Lucas, like after I learned his moveset and stuff. Tmacc, Seth, and Hylian showed me like what a lot of characters could do, but I still didn't know about a LOT of different character-specific things (like Mario's fair having Dr. Mario's knockback, or Lucario essentially being a street fighter character). The Project M tourney was really fun though, I wound up getting 4th/16 losing to Denti twice. Denti got first, Lucario's brokennnnn. http://www.twitch.tv/cosmash/b/333943735 (56:42)

So yep, that's pretty much it. I'm probably gonna quit Brawl though aside from Clowsui's next tourney.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
But aw, I didn't mean to do that John. I think I did what I did to Yoshi/Timmy and went tourney mode on wifi which I don't do cuz it makes things less fun. ">.>
Oh yeah I remember that. I got ***** so badly 1st stock LOL

At least I still won that one since I always get at least 1 sweetspot U-Smash on you whenever I go Peach :awesome: XD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I rarely ever play brawl anymore though so I wasn't really expecting much to begin with.

I'm probably gonna quit Brawl though aside from Clowsui's next tourney.
Noooooo.... nononononononono.....

Wooden spike to the heart. ;_;

All the good players are leaving. :c

Jamwa i'm yet to set up the wii again, probably won't for a day or two. After that i'll begin sending you stuff with the times i'd like you to edit. Or you can just watch for yourself and find points that you like.

Remember that some of those vids are really old so if they seem like a noob lucas then that's probably from ages ago. >.>

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Owies. Ahh well, after that then. Maybe when I get back from the desert in december (since i'm going back out again within 4 weeks or so)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
GUISE here's a match of me, but know that I am only trying for my first stock of this whole set. i was pretty much laughing the rest of the time, I'd already versed Allen (the DK player) twice that day (He's very good, his Dk once beat Earl [MK who is#1 on the PR in aus]) and cbf'd trying to win, because that would mean playing super campy and I got bored of it. (I am a very aggro Lucas as you can see)

but yeah here it is, it's pretty funny, we were yelling at each other to tech the wall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT0ftUWkWAA&list=PLinruJ88oARn3kwOnlsmG8GTWRWaqQwOQ&index=3&feature=plpp_video

also for some reason I am called Jamwha ._____________.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Jamwa, your jab combos are really good. I'm doing better with them but you really excel at them. Good work man. Especially on that first stock, you did really well on that DK and it's understandable that you got beaten. :-)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow FAE, that looked really cool. Was it just me though, or was smashville much smaller on that screen than it really is? Tripped me out a bit. :p

And I enjoy Jam's playstyle as well. It actually reminds me a lot of my playstyle. I think i'm a little better aerially but he's insane on the ground. I have a lot to learn when it comes to those jab combos.

Of course, what I just said above would really have to be tested by a match. We'll do it, for sure one day! :D

Okay guys, i'm going to create a thread based on Lucas in other modes in Brawl. After quite a bit of testing, I think Lucas is a decent character when it comes to All-star and an amazing candidate for Boss Battles. More on that in the other thread. If I can't finish the post i'll just reserve it. :-)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
FAE IT WAS ON THAT STAGE BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED IT AND WE WEREN'T PLAYING SERIOUSLY SO WE BOTH AGREED TO CONTINUE PLAYING, IT WAS FUN (i am in a caps lock mood tongiht ^^)

hopefully more videos were recorded, but if not I defs will pull out my phone to record stuff from now on hehe

oh yeah im loved, Mekos better post some new videos or he's going to be replaced
we're waiting, mekos

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh shoot. I'm not the adorable little kitten everyone loves. DARN YOU JAMWA. D-:<

Oh by the way, I love that you've gone back to that kitten avatar FAE. I love it so much!

And i've started the 'Lucas in other Modes' thread guys. Feel free to add your first thoughts (and get the second post? o.O) on it while I edit it to include it's first few topics. :-)

Here's the link to the thread:

Showthread: Lucas in other modes

I'm really hoping for it to be made in to a sticky.

Top Bottom