• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Why risk a PKT2 when bair is an incredibly safe and powerful move? I understand that as Poocas main who doesn't such safe and awesome that you can't understand.

Besides, I suck using PKT. My PKT control is pretty garbage, I spend more of my time mastering aerials and PKF.

Dajayman

Why you gotta be a jerk? :(
You make me sadface all day Jordan, all day. :(

You're just salty that my PKF and aerials did work on Brinstar. ;3

Chuee

Smash Hero
His projectile game isn't that good at all, usmash is too slow and situational, bair is only decent offstage and only if you master bair spiking, fair's range is alright but characters with better aerials (DK, Marth, Ness, MK, DDD, Kirby) shut it down, his recovery is predictable and not as great as Poocas mains hype it to be, I think you're confusing Poocas' bthrow with Ness' since his only kills with poor DI or at 170%+, fsmash is alright, etc.

If you want me to I can go into detail how Poocas isn't as good as you're hyping him, but the above is just a basic summary.
Kirby? Fair outdisjoints his bair
MK? Our Fair outdisjoints his.
DK, Marth, and Ness are right I think.
Recovery is definetely not predictable lol, you're confusing it with Ness :awesome:
but you still lose to Poocas so its k.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Why risk a PKT2 when bair is an incredibly safe and powerful move? I understand that as Poocas main who doesn't such safe and awesome that you can't understand.

Besides, I suck using PKT. My PKT control is pretty garbage, I spend more of my time mastering aerials and PKF.
Iv got to admit, Ness' bair is a pretty awesome move, if it wasnt for Ness' baseball bat being slower than Lucas' i would have continued to use Ness as a main.

Dajayman

Kirby? Fair outdisjoints his bair
MK? Our Fair outdisjoints his.
DK, Marth, and Ness are right I think.
Recovery is definetely not predictable lol, you're confusing it with Ness :awesome:
but you still lose to Poocas so its k.
Lol, Poocas' fair doesn't have that much disjoint and he extends his hurtbox pretty far out when kicking with that dumb little foot of his.

Zap jump/magnet pull are very predictable. I've lost track of how many times Poocases have magnet pulled right into my bair.

I don't lose to Poocases because they always john out of things before I even play them...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
No...see dajay, you need to play FAE.
The kid flies around everywhere, he plays lucas how he should be played, unpredictable with the lovely trixies.

Ness's recovery is waaaay more predictible, see lucas actually has more than one option when recovering, where as ness just needs to get back onto the ****ing stage or he dies.

Ness options off stage:
Use 2nd jump, not use 2nd jump, use up B

Lucas options:
Use 2nd jump, not use 2nd jump, use up B, use rope snake, zap jump, psi magnet pull

Wow that's about double the amount of ness's options.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I'm not going to say Dajayman is completely right, because he isnt (like usual), but you have to admit that even getting back requires some serious mindgames because its telegraphy.

From below, you have 3 options outside of the norm.

Zap jump, which I think is super ballsy especially considering you're helpless for it and can be meteor smashed the **** out of if read.
PKT2, which is IMO safer because you can aim yourself to minimize endlag when you're avoiding the ledge, or just go for the ledge.
Tethering, though tbh I've never used the invulnerability effectively, I'm sure someone could. I have just pressed down thinking it was just a ledge drop then fell to my death though >.>

From above, you have more.

Magnet pull from the bubbles. This puts you pretty much in the middle of the stage without having to fight for a ledge. Only issue with this is being hit between PK Fire and PSI magnet or just being intercepted when read.
Not magnet pulling from the bubbles. I'm not sure if this could be considered an option, but if I've conditioned people to think I'm going to magnet pull, they frequently go towards the center of the stage when I PK Fire the opposite direction around there, so I just fastfall to the ledge or back on stage, whichever is smarter.
PKT2 towards the stage / ledge from above. Something I rarely see people do for whatever reason. People fear Lucas' PKT2. This option can get you the straight horizontal thing you get when you thunderslide, or just get them to back off when you get to the ledge.
Fall down low and use his "From below" recoveries :p

But at least he can mix it up. Ness has... 1 option outside of jump. PKT2. Which can be gimped, eaten, or reflected much easier than Lucas's because of its stamina and speed.

Dajayman

I can't move on from Ness, I tried quitting him for Olimar back in the summer but in the end I missed playing Ness and I went back to only using Ness.

I would be able to easily give up using Poocas though. ;3

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lol, Poocas' fair doesn't have that much disjoint and he extends his hurtbox pretty far out when kicking with that dumb little foot of his.

Zap jump/magnet pull are very predictable. I've lost track of how many times Poocases have magnet pulled right into my bair.

I don't lose to Poocases because they always john out of things before I even play them...
His fair does have that much disjoint :/
Which is why you don't magnet pull when they can punish it.
Zap jump is predictable, but only if you can predict where I'll end up, which I doubt many people actually know.
My ayuss.
you lost to my poocas :3

spongejordan said:
I'm not going to say Dajayman is completely right, because he isnt (like usual), but you have to admit that even getting back requires some serious mindgames because its telegraphy.
the thing is he has so many options its hard to actually predict what he will do.

spongejordan said:
From below, you have 3 options outside of the norm.

Zap jump, which I think is super ballsy especially considering you're helpless for it and can be meteor smashed the **** out of if read. Dont zap jump low

PKT2, which is IMO safer because you can aim yourself to minimize endlag when you're avoiding the ledge, or just go for the ledge. True, but its sometimes punishable even if ACed onstage.

Tethering, though tbh I've never used the invulnerability effectively, I'm sure someone could. I have just pressed down thinking it was just a ledge drop then fell to my death though >.>

From above, you have more.

Magnet pull from the bubbles. This puts you pretty much in the middle of the stage without having to fight for a ledge. Only issue with this is being hit between PK Fire and PSI magnet or just being intercepted when read.
Not magnet pulling from the bubbles. I'm not sure if this could be considered an option, but if I've conditioned people to think I'm going to magnet pull, they frequently go towards the center of the stage when I PK Fire the opposite direction around there, so I just fastfall to the ledge or back on stage, whichever is smarter.
PKT2 towards the stage / ledge from above. Something I rarely see people do for whatever reason. People fear Lucas' PKT2. This option can get you the straight horizontal thing you get when you thunderslide, or just get them to back off when you get to the ledge.
Fall down low and use his "From below" recoveries :p

But at least he can mix it up. Ness has... 1 option outside of jump. PKT2. Which can be gimped, eaten, or reflected much easier than Lucas's because of its stamina and speed.
Dajay can vouch for PKT2 being absorbed :3

Dajayman

I lost to your Poocas on AiB ladder like 6 months ago and you went Fox a month ago (which I two stocked on Brinstar... ;3) instead of Poocas for whatever dumb john you want to come up with.

If there's one thing Poocas mains excel at, it's johning. ;3

And we both know wifi sucks, I want to play you offline! Quit johning and play me!!! :(

Chuee

Smash Hero
I lost to your Poocas on AiB ladder like 6 months ago and you went Fox a month ago (which I two stocked on Brinstar... ;3) instead of Poocas for whatever dumb john you want to come up with.

If there's one thing Poocas mains excel at, it's johning. ;3

And we both know wifi sucks, I want to play you offline! Quit johning and play me!!! :(
I went Fox because I like playing Fox and I thought it would lag.
Which it did.
but just wait and Ill gladly take your money offline.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Anyway.. I have picked Ness back up, im getting pretty good with him against my friend :) (he mains Toonlink)

Lucas will always have a special place in my heart, i dont care what tiers say or how bad people say he is :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So if i go Lucas in my tourney today, what do i win? Other than a guaranteed loss?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You must be pretty bad with Lucas if you consider it a guaranteed loss.
Of course. I'm the worst Lucas in state <3 Not to mention i pretty sure GA doesn't have many to any Lucas mains in the scene. I play Lucas for fun, not to win, obv.

heytallman

CTALL
Hey, rPSI, I went to see The Room at midnight last night. Only, Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero were there, and I got to meet them and stuff, and I got Tommy to say "oh hai Tallman" on video.

BE JEALOUS OF ME, ******.

Dajayman

I've gimped more Poocases than Poocases gimped me.

I hate Poocas because he almost replaced Ness during Brawl's release, he has a better PSI Magnet, he gives Ness the **** in SSE, and because of Chuee.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark

I hate Poocas because he almost replaced Ness during Brawl's release, he has a better PSI Magnet, he gives Ness the **** in SSE, and because of Chuee.
So its just a personal grudge?

and whats a good way to gimp with Lucas? :3

Chuee

Smash Hero

I've gimped every Ness I've played except vicegrip :3

Top Bottom