• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I get out May 20th.... (so early). Zman, I'm also a senior next year..... even though i would have graduated >.< and-no i'm not held back or anything like that- I'm going to enjoy my summer a lot before I get busy with school again.

Nah, he's gotta learn to Zap Jump
I loled. Who doesn't know this? XD

heytallman

CTALL

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Tallman's actually pretty decent at zap jumping... at least when he demonstrated it to me...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
goodness I fail at Zap-Jumping :'(

I can do it just not as well. However I didn't know alot of things before I came onto the SWF. Wavebounceing, Dair->Dtilt lock, Zap Jumping, Magnet Cancel but now I know everything and I learned 2/3 and incorporate them well.

Zap Jumping I know.....just gotta work to do it alot more.

BTW Lucas' glidetoss is soooo Perfect x_x

Chuee

Smash Hero
You shouldn't really need to Zap Jump most of the time of stage.
Lucas' DJ is already good.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
flashiness doesn't win games rPSI.

Zap Jump is kinda important guys, not just for flashiness. if you get chain grabbed > spiked by falco, you can just zap jump out of the spike (Meteor Cancel) and be level with the stage and not worry about being edge guarded when using your DJ + UpB.

Zap Jump will help you avoid being gimped by MK bc he can steal your jump in a blink of an eye. But hey, if you guys don't want to perfect it, that's all on you.

On another note, did anyone else see the parody that NEO did of Drake's "Best you ever had" song. Here's the youtube link if you haven't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0&playnext_from=TL&videos=oriQKFGEJ4g&feature=recentf

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Depends on what kind of flashiness (such as Zap Jump kill :3)

You can also SDI the d-air spike and tech it on stage.
Though it does help against Meta. Which is why I have perfected it. It has hardly any other use though. :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
oh anyone else really like when you get a Wavebounce kill? =3

That is my fav way to kill someone if possible xD

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i like doing duster's rope snake taunt as Claus... it doesn't make any sense because he never meets ropesnake or interacts with it in mother 3. Taunting as masked man in general is always fun, because he's suppose to be devoid of any emotion being porky's "lifeless son." Because of that, I taunt spam as him. His taunts are so safe too! Nwehehehehe!

Tenki

Smash Hero
so like,
I was playing B+ with some friends the other day, and was fortunate to play as Lucas (because the owner of the Wii is '08 mode and is like LUCAS IS CHEAP HE'S BANNED ON MY WII) and they were like, hey, u shud double jump and pkfire at the same time.

and I was like "y?"

so then I zapjumped, I think. blew my mind. never seen it before lol.

So anyway, long story short, I'm zap jumping and magnet pulling and blahblah wavebounce etccxz;clvjkz

and will now use Lucas in friendlies when I can.

Anyway, most of this was just to say that half your threads are dead, the video AT guide isn't even on youtube anymore, and I'm just BSing my Lucas gameplay from some pretty flashy Lucas I played on wifi forever ago (lol, it was impressive, he magnet pulled under / across BF and came out on the other side as well as some b-reversed pulls) and regular experimentation

の_の
:093:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
and will now use Lucas in friendlies when I can.

:093:
Just don't use him in tournaments. He's baaaaad :/

Jk. Lucas can be really flashy and a lot of people are impressed by what he can do since he's such a rare character.

Also, video of Lucas in Project M: http://www.smashmods.com/

Lucas finally gets to DJC and yet this person uses no DJC uair. I am disappoint. Music was good though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah i will say the lucas vid archive isnt helpful at all nor is any of the stuff up to date

put some of mine up!

Tenki

Smash Hero
There's also quite a few videos whose video ID's were wrong (ex, ellipses would be part of the URL from sloppy copying, I guess).

Like, almost all of the Tallman section lol.

Bomboleriot

Smash Cadet
Nantes, Loire-Atlantique (France, Bretagne)
i like doing duster's rope snake taunt as Claus... it doesn't make any sense because he never meets ropesnake or interacts with it in mother 3.!
He did twice, when they (the party) flew off Saturn Valley, and eventually when Thunder Tower was ordered to be destroyed. Afai remember, the Rope Snake talked to the entire party, which includes Lucas.

But it's been a while since i've last played M3, i might be wrong

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
He did twice, when they (the party) flew off Saturn Valley, and eventually when Thunder Tower was ordered to be destroyed. Afai remember, the Rope Snake talked to the entire party, which includes Lucas.

But it's been a while since i've last played M3, i might be wrong
Claus never interacted with rope snake, at the most he might of glanced at him

mother 3 spoilers

when Lucas, Kumatora, Boney and Duster were hanging onto to Yokuba/Fassad's ride w/rope snake after he slipped off Thunder Tower, the Masked Man/Claus kinda steps out for a bit, looks, goes back in and tells the flyer to shake them off.

Top Bottom