• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

T-block

B2B TST
Is Lucas-MK really that bad on Brinstar?

I know MK wrecks on Brinstar, but Lucas seems to be able to handle his shenanigans there. Am I missing something?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Is Lucas-MK really that bad on Brinstar?

I know MK wrecks on Brinstar, but Lucas seems to be able to handle his shenanigans there. Am I missing something?
Or you could just pick up Ness and do this awesome combo to MK:

bair > bair > dair > pkt2

It'll probably be a 0-death. :urg:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I saw 0-Death and got excited. But then it was random Ness talk in the LUCAS General Discussion...

Gah

Why must everyone bring up Ness when all we want to talk about is Lucas?

Just kidding... sort of ;)

DeLux

Why do people feel sorry for others when they go from in a relationship to single?

Sometimes one should consider questioning the quality of the relationship at the time of ending and the freedom gained in terms of being independent.

Some say sorry, I say congratulations :)

Not necessarily to HTM, but as a generality

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Seriously, I wouldn't really be more scared of MK on Brinstar than I would on... Lylat

@heytallman: Sorry to hear that man =(
Lylat is a terrible stage for both the EB kids imo...I can't tell you how many times I accidentally platform canceled when I was just jumping.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Lylat isn't too fun. :<

At the very least, if Lucas gets caught on a platform, he can just down-smash and hit his opponent beneath him. :3

T-block

B2B TST
Why do people feel sorry for others when they go from in a relationship to single?

Sometimes one should consider questioning the quality of the relationship at the time of ending and the freedom gained in terms of being independent.

Some say sorry, I say congratulations :)

Not necessarily to HTM, but as a generality
I actually considered that.

But I'd rather say sorry to a good breakup than say congrats to a bad breakup =P

side note: both times I tried to type breakup it came out as beraksup... I thought the consistency was kinda weird.

Lylat is a terrible stage for both the EB kids imo...I can't tell you how many times I accidentally platform canceled when I was just jumping.
Yeah Lylat is terrible... so would you rather fight MK on Brinstar or Lylat?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah Lylat is terrible... so would you rather fight MK on Brinstar or Lylat?
Brinstar. At least on that stage we have a better chance. Lylat is just one of those stages where MK is still good on it and Ness/Lucas struggle.

Oh not to mention the tilt kinda sucks. Just my opinion though.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
WOW @ activity in the Lucas GD...

On topic: I'd rather go to Lylat instead of Brinstar. Both suck, but Lylat is just better to move around (for me). Either way, it doesn't matter.. I'd still be banning Yoshi's.

Chuee

Smash Hero
MK is a **** on Brinstar.
If he crouches near the left side there's nothing you can do to hit him.
So gay.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Well, ladies, and rPSI, I'm single again.

MK is a **** on Brinstar.
If he crouches near the left side there's nothing you can do to hit him.
So gay.
He also happens to be able to go underneath the stage and constantly pressure your shield and you can't do anything about it, until he hits you where he'll go back and string you with u-air and go back to sharking.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I wouldn't really be more scared of MK on Brinstar than I would on... Lylat
I am thoroughly surprised you didn't say Yoshi's. What happened to learning the tilt patterns? :p

I'd definitely ban Yoshi's. That stage freakin' hates me. The platform always pops up at the wrong time.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I hate the ghost platform. Raziek can tell you that literally like EVERY time we played that platform tried to screw me over.

T-block

B2B TST
I am thoroughly surprised you didn't say Yoshi's. What happened to learning the tilt patterns? :p

I'd definitely ban Yoshi's. That stage freakin' hates me. The platform always pops up at the wrong time.
I was going to say Yoshi's, but that stage is so bad it might have destroyed my point.

Yes, as an aside, every Lucas "main" should learn Lylat's tilt patterns so it doesn't mess with you as bad =P

DeLux

I pulled off a double Dair > Dtilt Lock > Usmash today in doubles. I am a real Lucas main :)

DeLux

Why would I use Magnet? As a finisher, Usmash is like a Vanessa Carlton vs. Sara Barielles mashup in terms of level of awesomeness.

Top Bottom