• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Sounds dumb.

Yeah, it still sucks that Tidus was only a dream. And why aren't Lulu and Wakka in FFX-2? I think Lulu would be better fanservice than Yuna and Rikku. Imagine her in a leather bikini. XD
they are in ffx-2 in besaid island but not as playable characters. And yes, she did have a kid with Wakka. Sick! Wasn't she use to be with Wakka's Brother Chappu or something but he got killed in the crusades? Dat aint right

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I always hear FFX-2 having bad reviews. What exactly makes it so bad? I don't need to waste my precious money trying out a game that's supposedly s***.
you get to change their skanky outfits to other equally/more skanky outfits DURING BATTLE!!!

slutty dress up in mah final "fantasy" o_O

/thread

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Dumb SquareSoft. They come up with amazing games like FFX and TWEWY but then they come out with s** like FFX-2... DX
and then square enix comes out with FFXIII and takes my top game spot. Square enix is my favorite game developer, followed by bioware at a close second =]

heytallman

CTALL
I just started FFIX, because I want to play all the FF games before FFXIII. I've played I-VIII, and then X and XII. So after IX comes XIII. Yay, Roman numerals!

I will never play X-2. Ever. Here is my favorite FF list so far, in Arabic numerals for a bit of convenience:

4, 7, 5 > 6, 10, 3, 1 >>> 12 > 8, 2 (tiers are top, high, low, bottom)

I have not yet played 9 or 13, and plan to replay 10 and 12 when I beat both of those. I also want to play Tactics.

heytallman

CTALL
9 is really really good, it's terribuly underrated and overshadowed by 7. 7 is overrated...
7 was **** good, son. Materia system was a really good ability system, story was good, for its time it was original, and I wouldn't say Cloud is as emo as everyone says he is. And Cid is the greatest character in any character ever.

Really the only knocks I have against it are a few of the characters (Aeris, who dies, Cait Sith, and Yuffie) are annoying and unlikeable. It's a small complaint, but still. Great game is great. Any other of my opinions you want me to defend?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I never said it wasn't good, I said it's overrated. You should see the pedestal Cloud fanboys/girls put FF7 on. And saying that it has a single flaw will get you torn to shreds...

heytallman

CTALL
I never said it wasn't good, I said it's overrated. You should see the pedestal Cloud fanboys/girls put FF7 on. And saying that it has a single flaw will get you torn to shreds...
Well, I never really said that you said it wasn't good. I just figured I'd defend why I say it's as high as it is (or why it isn't as high as fanboys think I should have it lol).

What I REALLY can't believe is why/how FF8 has fanboys. That game ****ing sucked SO HARD.

edit: Oh yeah, only other flaw I can think of is the whole dressing Cloud up like a girl part. That part was unnecessary lol.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
What I REALLY can't believe is why/how FF8 has fanboys. That game ****ing sucked SO HARD.
THIS! My bro swears by the game, but i really hated it, the story has absolutely nothing happen until the exact middle where they decide to throw in SPOILERS!!!!!!
OMG we all went to the same orphanage and are super bestest friends, and the ***** were fighting was our momma figure. I couldnt stand how they blew all this crap in your face all in a 2 minute period in the center of the **** game
. Not to mention that the battle system was absolutely horrid, having monster level up with you actually made it EXTREMELY tough to beat stuff if you are at max level. Not to mention the junction system which was poo also. I mean, you gather a number of abilities and if you attach them to one of your stats you pretty much are inclined to never use that ability because then your stats go down.
/EndFFVIIIRant

FFVII was amazing, people I know bash on the story, but they did a crazy good job. The jump from 6 being on a handheld console to VII being on the ps1 was extremely good, also if you have played all the games that are part of the VII series and also seen Advent Children (may God have mercy on your soul if you haven't seen this movie). The full stoyline that VII makes up is one of the best, if not THE best, storylines that I've ever seen.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I've played both 7 and 8 very, very recently (a month). Personally, I like 8 more, mainly because its not braindead easy.

the story has absolutely nothing happen until the exact middle
Yeah, attempting to kidnap the president, Seifer going rogue, attempting to assassinate the sorceress, and Squall dying. http://www.squallsdead.com/ Oh, breaking out of prison, the missile base exploding with 3 of your party there, the Garden becoming mobile, the ENTIRE Laguna story line...

Nothing at all.

OMG we all went to the same orphanage and are super bestest friends, and the ***** were fighting was our momma figure. I couldnt stand how they blew all this crap in your face all in a 2 minute period in the center of the **** game.
That's the ONLY ridiculous part of the story, and its no more ridiculous than the whole Cloud and Zack fiasco, don't even pretend it isn't. The rest was not only extremely well done, it went past the shallowness of FF7's story. Actually, I'll take it back, the other ridiculous part was when Squall went from "whatever, I'd tap that" to "OMG RINOA FAPFAPFAP" over the period of 5 minutes.

Not to mention that the battle system was absolutely horrid, having monster level up with you actually made it EXTREMELY tough to beat stuff if you are at max level. Not to mention the junction system which was poo also. I mean, you gather a number of abilities and if you attach them to one of your stats you pretty much are inclined to never use that ability because then your stats go down.
Weird, an RPG that presented a challenge? Choices of whether to use your strongest move or save it for better stats? IMO, everything you listed here made the game have more depth, not make it a worse game.

/EndFFVIIIRant
/beginFFVIIFapfest

FFVII was amazing, people I know bash on the story, but they did a crazy good job.
The story wasn't that good, compared to Chrono Trigger/Cross, Phantasy Star, and FFVI if you want an example for the same series. Personally, I don't like the slow combat speed, I prefer the way they did it in Legend of Dragoon with the slow combat speed while still having you interact ("BURNING RRRRRRRRUSH"). Speaking of LoD, its a shame its not more popular.

The jump from 6 being on a handheld console to VII being on the ps1 was extremely good
wat

also if you have played all the games that are part of the VII series and also seen Advent Children (may God have mercy on your soul if you haven't seen this movie). The full stoyline that VII makes up is one of the best, if not THE best, storylines that I've ever seen.
Yeah, because Dirge of Cerberus was a FANTASTIC game.

Also, AC was even shallower than the original story. People start getting strange disease. Cloud looks cure. Kadaj looks for Jenova. Kadaj finds Jenova. Kadaj turns into Sephiroth. Cloud Omnislashes Sephiroth back into Kadaj. They all explode. Aerith goes "lolifestream" and BAM, everything's cool again. It was an action movie, through and through.

tl;dr - Don't put your nostalgia on a pedestal while bashing a different game. It gets quite messy.

Also, X-2 was NOT a terrible game, it had a really good battle system and the dressphere system worked quite well. It was just a bit over-sexualized.

IMO, in terms of the games, 10>6 , 8, 7, 9>11, 13, X-2>>>>>>>12.

12 was just HORRENDOUS. Everything from gambits to the really really bad story. I got half way through it when I realized how bored I was of just straight up botting.

/Final Fantasy wall of text.

heytallman

CTALL
lol I'm an idiot
Do you seriously enjoy wasting your time drawing magic for your guys? Do you seriously enjoy a love story between a guy who's personality will cause him to never get laid in his life and a girl who is an idiot? You can't seriously say the space love scene was a good one. It was one of the longest, dumbest things I've ever seen. I can't believe I sat through all of that **** song.

And you say nostalgia is blinding us? Son I've been playing these in order (except for the ones I had already played before, which were only X, XII, and IV). I played through VII right before playing through VIII. And you know what? I played through VII in the span of a few weeks. It took me 3 months to play through all of VIII, because I honestly couldn't take more than like 5 minutes of it at a time. It was that bad. It might even be worse than II. And that is saying A LOT.

Go play IV, it's the best one of the series. And I hadn't played it long before I started playing through all the others. So I'm not being nostalgic here.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to say. The Laguna storyline was the dumbest sidestory I've EVER SEEN. His relationship with that slutty piano player was never fleshed out, and another scene had him ON THE SET OF A MOVIE. That had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. Laguna sucks.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Do you seriously enjoy wasting your time drawing magic for your guys? Do you seriously enjoy a love story between a guy who's personality will cause him to never get laid in his life and a girl who is an idiot? You can't seriously say the space love scene was a good one. It was one of the longest, dumbest things I've ever seen. I can't believe I sat through all of that **** song.

And you say nostalgia is blinding us? Son I've been playing these in order (except for the ones I had already played before, which were only X, XII, and IV). I played through VII right before playing through VIII. And you know what? I played through VII in the span of a few weeks. It took me 3 months to play through all of VIII, because I honestly couldn't take more than like 5 minutes of it at a time. It was that bad. It might even be worse than II. And that is saying A LOT.

Go play IV, it's the best one of the series. And I hadn't played it long before I started playing through all the others. So I'm not being nostalgic here.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to say. The Laguna storyline was the dumbest sidestory I've EVER SEEN. His relationship with that slutty piano player was never fleshed out, and another scene had him ON THE SET OF A MOVIE. That had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. Laguna sucks.
I guess its all opinion. I personally found the space scene about as emotional as Aerith dying.

IV was great, I'll agree, but I don't consider it in the recent gens, that's why it wasn't a part of my list. It ranks up there with 10, though.

I meant the first half, before the whole movie shenanigans when it came to the Laguna stuff. I found it really disappointing that his story never was fully developed.

*edit* I don't spam magic in any of the FFs except as Lulu with triple cast 1 mp Ultimas in 10. I don't see why you'd have to spam Draw for more than a few mobs. I went from 0->100 Curagas getting 8-10 at a time off the galbadian soldiers, and then never had to draw it more than once or twice to keep it above 90.

Also, instead of bashing 8, look at 7's immense plot holes and poor character development.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I guess its all opinion. I personally found the space scene about as emotional as Aerith dying.

Also, instead of bashing 8, look at 7's immense plot holes and poor character development.
lol i hope your not serious about what i quoted and you're just trolling now....

heytallman

CTALL
I agree with you here. I hated both scenes equally, I never was a fan of Aeris, and I was glad to see her go. I hated Rinoa equally. I wish she would have been offed too. That would have made 8 a little better.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I agree with you here. I hated both scenes equally, I never was a fan of Aeris, and I was glad to see her go. I hated Rinoa equally. I wish she would have been offed too. That would have made 8 a little better.
plus dat skank stole my poodle's name :mad:

zombiebrothel

Smash Rookie
i'm in love with lucas. he's such a little guy, but i feel like he's got the biggest heart of all the characters in brawl, even bigger than pikachu's. does anyone else feel me on this?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Lol FF war.
My best friend is going to be bringing his FF7 and 8 to me on Monday, so I'll be the judge of them later on. I'll give you my opinion in a couple months. XD

Ness may not have as big a heart as Lucas, but he's definitely a ton more courageous than Lucas (Subspace XD).

Kole

Smash Lord
I thought it was my computer too, Levitas/Chuee. x.x

So I just switched to shiny Jumpluff. :)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
hey! remember that i told you that footstool+dair forces a getup (without dtilt)? Well, now i'm like 99.9% sure it is true. I did it again vs a MK, i could hit him with a charged fsmash. Please, someone test it. Don't have a replay this time, but i do have the .bin files from the first time i did it

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Lucas-board. Been working on my secondaries, and thought I might as well go back to my brawl-roots. So I'm picking up Lucas again.
So yeah. Thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Top Bottom