• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I live like 20 minutes from the venue, so I don't really ned hosuing. If you need it though we can provide it and maybe set up a smashfest

BigLøu

Smash Lord
So guys I tallied up a bunch of nationals that I been to plus a bunch of locals and came out with a formula to find out how I do vs a said character(did this last night)

You take the number of wins over the total number matches you played vs a specific character and divide it out and you get a percentage.

My mk win percentage is 9 percent =(

Gerald thats fine, if u post up and say u are coming we will find u housing.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
4Biddin get out.
You just did three things:

1. Cause for a namesearch.
2. Start more ****.
3. Made a pointless post.

Can we please just drop it?

Also, Lou, that victory percentage, against MK, should be used against the other characters, as well. I think it'd help others learn which MU they're really great at, and which MU they're really bad at or have a tough time with. MK being included or not, is at their discretion.

makoforce

Smash Ace
Ftilt is really good at a neutral position, and so is Dtilt, and recovering well is ESSENTIAL.

DC from a spacing that diagonally away from the stage is ridiculously safe as a recovery option. You can cover yourself with uairs, then DC towards the ledge, if they grab the ledge, you go past it and land on the stage, and if you space it right, you’ll auto-snap to the ledge.

And if they grab the ledge, they might be able to punish your landing, but as long as you’re not really high in percent, any punish they do will keep you on the stage, and give you an opportunity to get to the center of the stage for stage control.

If they stay low and below the stage so that they can shuttle loop you, you can either out-wait them until they have to get back to the ledge, and then DC from the spot I was telling you about, or you can simply just go high and tornado. If you space it right, it’ll beat out SL, and you’ll have crazy stage control.

Juggling is REALLY helpful in this matchup. You’re at a REALLY advantaged position when the opponent is in the air, and you’re on the ground.

When the opponent is on the ledge, you can pressure the HELL outta him. There’s a certain spacing where the opponent can’t really do much to you, in my experience. It’s kinda like… barely an Ftilt away from the ledge. You can charge Fsmashes, and it makes any option he tries to do to get back on the stage really risky. Along with using other attacks so that he just can’t really do much.

Ledge pressure is reaaaally helpful in this matchup. You can rack up a ****load of damage whenever the opponent is off stage.

And punishing people who recover badly is really helpful, too.

Grabs help a lot. They deal good damage, and give you a really good position. Dthrow is good in some scenarios, but don’t forget that Bthrow is really good, too. Generally Dthrow is used more, but at highish percents, I think Bthrow generally becomes better because it has higher growth, and pushes the opponent offstage more.

Like at low percents, if your Bthrow will put the opponent right next to the ledge, or off the stage, use Bthrow.

Imo your usage of throws is dependant on which one gives you the best position. Sometimes Dthrow is better, sometimes Bthrow is better. Generally I just use the one that I know will push the opponent towards the ledge/offstage more.

Like Xdeath said, like all of his moves are good in certain situations. But my general gameplan is:
Try and space at a neutral position, punish mistakes with grabs for stage control, pressure the opponent towards the ledge and limit his options by gaining stage control, recover well and mixup a lot on the ledge when I'm off stage/on the ledge, and when he's on the ledge pressure the hell out of him and get a lot of percent that way.

A good portion of my damage in the matchup when I play against most players is when they're on the ledge. It limits they're options really hard, and at high percents can force them to do something risky that allows me to safely throw out a kill move.

MK DITTO MU

BigLøu

Smash Lord
You just did three things:

1. Cause for a namesearch.
2. Start more ****.
3. Made a pointless post.

Can we please just drop it?

Also, Lou, that victory percentage, against MK, should be used against the other characters, as well. I think it'd help others learn which MU they're really great at, and which MU they're really bad at or have a tough time with. MK being included or not, is at their discretion.
I want to do it for the others, it just takes a while lol.

I'll update it as I do it for more.

So far I have mk at 9 percent win percentage for me

Snake at 78 percent-( the only snakes I've lost to in tourney within the last year were ally and razer

*edit- i'll update this as I keep going along

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
LOL, i was playing my uncle in smash the other day, and he chose metaknight. i was surprised that even HE could tell that MK was the best in the game.

until i realized he only picked him cause he thought hte name was metalknight, not metaknight.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol, i was playing my uncle in smash the other day, and he chose metaknight. I was surprised that even he could tell that mk was the best in the game.

Until i realized he only picked him cause he thought hte name was metalknight, not metaknight.
lo l

jbandrew

Smash Lord
lol I'm actually kinda interested in Wario atm. But of course, I got that MK in reserve and mostly use him in tournaments nowadays anyways

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
OMG guys lets all just main MK. I would be down tbh.

And hippie I can't go to viridian this weekend cuz I have a hot date =/ We'll meet up somedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Top Bottom