• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
BTW the tournament results thread is still running, so if you're still using luigi, don't hesitate to post your performance. Vids are good too.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Haha thanks guys :). And yes, that was exactly the difference. Game 1 ADHD was playing his usual, not too campy not too agressive style (semi-auto pilot diddy kong). But once he saw that I wrecked him everytime I got inside, he understood that he had to camp me as hard as possible and keep me away all match. Luigi definetely beats diddy if the diddy does not camp, but if Diddy camps, it's going to be extremely hard for Luigi to get in on diddy kong. Just my 2 cents. I still love luigi for making me able to 3 stock ADHD though :). hehe

Luigisama

Smash Champion
squid be jelly about my tv. Lol btw yesterday at this tourney that I went to. I brought the tv to the tourney and someone wanted to buy it.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@ Yoshq: He's pretty much the reason why i've wanna co-main weegee again.
Learn alot by watching that video, from how legit he can jab cancel amari & follow up
with d-smash or grab & nado as a edge guard tech.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Y9MilYdyw&feature=related

here is the mm against Cadet MK.

i could hit myself because I repeatly be punished because of Jab cancel.

but I won xD other points which i could do better?
You were playing excellent against mk, but on you're first stock two errors that you did was one you did a luigi missle on the stage and hit nothing(I'm not sure if that came out by accident lol happens to me) be careful because it might get punished. Also this is just me,but when you recover onto the stage with Luigi cyclone you should at least try to hit you're opponent. Especially against mk who can just up b you and send off the stage.

Other than these few errors you did good. I guess more nairs against mk and be defensive when your opponent is coming back to life wouldn't hurt because at your 2nd stock you rolled into a fsmash.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
lol idk why, but I had a mental breakdown about brawl and how I can only win matches in tourneys as luigi with up b. But I calmed down. Eh its mostly that I hate the fact that I'm horrible at learning how my opponent plays and especially since I have only two matches to figure it out.

I should just pay more attention to my opponent.:luigi::luigi2::shyguy::758h2482:

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
One of you should come up to Canada so i can play another Luigi <.<....Only other Luigi main i know of is zhaoguang but he lives all the way on the east coast of Canada.

Also going to my first tournament next weekend after like not going to one since mid March

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
thx BC :)
yeah, the missile was a bad fail from my part (shame over me... i failed the BnR) and well, i don't know what I've done the 2nd stock... I thought he would try to Dair me because I repeatly take more time on the edge, but he made a nice read there...

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
sry for double post ^.^

BC, one thing I do, it's that I play the MU precisly at the beginning ^^
Like this, I know, I won't die to early, and have time to learn the attitude of my oppenent (true is, I learn very fast, lucky for me there)

But play just the MU, don't get confused :)

Mr.L, thats so true, the first Luigi Mainer I found to play offline, was J.Miller, from the UK. We met in a tournament, and helped out a lot of mistakes. I would gladly come in Canada, but I'm from Europe, Luxembourg x(

USA has so much good luigi mainers... it's a shame i can't play with you guys offline :'(

Luigisama

Smash Champion
One of you should come up to Canada so i can play another Luigi <.<....Only other Luigi main i know of is zhaoguang but he lives all the way on the east coast of Canada.

Also going to my first tournament next weekend after like not going to one since mid March
Once I get my license and an ez pass I'll go to one tourney.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord

o.O
There were like 5-6 other Luigi players at the last tourny you were at...
KingKong's monthly

But hi.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
or whoever that vid vs mk was of, anyway, sit down and learn it in training mode then!
Oh, i don't think that was me. But I have that problem.

I thought you saw the video of me vs jirda.

:phone:

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
o.O
There were like 5-6 other Luigi players at the last tourny you were at...
KingKong's monthly

But hi.
There was only one (that i can remember) Nostalgia, and he doesn't even fully main Luigi, he goes like 50/50 Luigi&Olimar <.<

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
I was the Luigi against MK ^^

but i don't understand, learn to rising the nado Oo. I know everything i should know about the nado.

I don't know if i can make a journey into the states. Because we have school (and It's my last year, so very important) and i don't know if I should come for 3 days ...(and money of course)

Top Bottom