• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BigLøu

Smash Lord
You can't do anything.....diddy beats luigi just run like you stole something luigi isn't gonna catch you.

Hippie I'm actually trying to come up to new york sometime in may. Not for tourney really but I'd love to see the city and stuff. It would be awesome to just chill.

boss8

Smash Hero
vs diddy i normally jus wait.....throw some fireballs in between his peanuts....

if u get close enough most diddy players will panic and try to attack/run away...this is when u react and find out a move to punish him with...tornado is gdlike for when he is tryna pull out bananas..

you can atleast get close enough to steal a banana from him...keep him at a 1 banana limit..

yoshq

Smash Master
how do you do anything if you don't approach

he literally sat there and did nothing besides shoot peanuts
Yeah, kinda what boss said. Make him react/approach, just look like you're going to but don't. If you approach, you lose. Diddy relies on your reactions to him doing nothing.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
okay just letting everyone know YoshQ and I will be working on the luigi advanced tech video during this week.
After it is done I'll get to work on the Luigi combo video.

Player-3

Smash Hero
vs diddy i normally jus wait.....throw some fireballs in between his peanuts....

if u get close enough most diddy players will panic and try to attack/run away...this is when u react and find out a move to punish him with...tornado is gdlike for when he is tryna pull out bananas..

you can atleast get close enough to steal a banana from him...keep him at a 1 banana limit..
what if the diddy doesn't panic because he knows thats what luigi wants you to do

:(

i was using tornado whenever i saw an opening though since it's ALL I COULD DOOO

Luigisama

Smash Champion
i won a turney yesturday.....ba-zing
more like 40 kids and coney got 2nd place and boss got 1st place. :troll:

Edit
Boss punches the mail man for delivering his mail late.

Edit 2
Boss never tips his waiter.

Serious edit
Tomorrow I'll start putting the Luigi advanced tech video together.
Updates on it
How to rise with cyclone will be shown in the video. hype since this is the most asked question and the biggest problem new luigis have. I plan on showing my hand motions that way it can easier to understand than just reading a post that says " just mash b".

I bet everyone here knows about this and I just found out about it yesterday. I'm not sure what the term is, but you basically shield then input jump cancel it, then input upsmash. I think this is upsmash OOS and I just fail. If it is then my understanding of upsmash oos is wrong. My only john is no one tells me about anything. Smaligi.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm pretty darn good doing weegee's rising cyclone now. Just mash b and sdi the joystick upwards.

yoshq

Smash Master
You don't need to press any direction after the down input for the tornado. Although, you can press which direction, right or left you want to go.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Sama you still think we should have multiple people make a short video of themselves doing rising cyclone to put in the tech video?
I encourage it. I guess it can go into the tech video, but I mostly just wanna see how others do it. I know we all do it differently

wait i thought all you did was mash b
exactly, but somehow that isn't enough for people to understand. It seems obvious, but I don't think it is otherwise people would never ask that question(unless they are trolling).

Yes, that's upsmash oos.
I failz. Silly luigi.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I don't think it's that they don't fully understand. I think it's just the fact that they need to mash faster and they're not sure how they can do that if they're mashing as fast as they already can.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Yoshq is there some sort of a story behind you calling Boss a homo and your prison slave?

@thunder probably who knows.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I took the habit of pressing up when I'm mashing to recover. That way, if I get hit, which happens often because of how stupid is Luigi's recovery, I don't stupidly suicide/waste my nado/have an awful DI. It saved me a couple matches already.

Labernash

Smash Lord
MAN, I love Luigi. I always play Waluigi, of course.

You can't sweet spot Up-B in the air, can you? I've done it a couple times and they just shoot up on fire, but no pingy sound. I've done that to a balloon on SV, lolololol. Also, I've gotten fire, no pingy sound, while on the ground. And I was lurking last night, and mid-match, I glanced down and saw Sama quote YoshQ and saw "upsmash oos." I though it said Up-B oos. I sheilded Yoshi's Down-B, and killed him with a sweet spot Up-b.

I've come to the conclusion that Luigi is broken.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
MAN, I love Luigi. I always play Waluigi, of course.

You can't sweet spot Up-B in the air, can you? I've done it a couple times and they just shoot up on fire, but no pingy sound. I've done that to a balloon on SV, lolololol. Also, I've gotten fire, no pingy sound, while on the ground. And I was lurking last night, and mid-match, I glanced down and saw Sama quote YoshQ and saw "upsmash oos." I though it said Up-B oos. I sheilded Yoshi's Down-B, and killed him with a sweet spot Up-b.

I've come to the conclusion that Luigi is broken.
you probably had tap jump on, and had a small jump before the sweetspot. you mustve been in the air when you sweetspotted on the ground.

the air sweetspot does fire, but no sound, and it isnt quite as strong as a grounded one.

Top Bottom