• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

makoforce

Smash Ace
just curious on what you guys think. What else can Luigi do now? I mean biglou already placed in money with him in MLG. he also got a high placing with him at apex. There really isn't anything left to do with Luigi, but just get people mad lol.
honestly he can go very far because herp derp counter pick MK is gone... but we'll see in due time...

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi also has tough MUs outside of MK...but they are doable as we've said before.

Now, it's about making those wins happen. If Luigi just had a bit more ground speed or air speed, he'd be high tier for sure, but since he gets boned by good camping, it's going to be tough for him to rise anymore imo.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh this is old in fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen people do it already.
The wario was slow so he could do it that way, but if he goes full speed you have to reverse your shield or PS it.
It works cause hitting the bike extends our upB's hitbox a looooot *.*

Luigisama said:
just curious on what you guys think. What else can Luigi do now? I mean biglou already placed in money with him in MLG. he also got a high placing with him at apex. There really isn't anything left to do with Luigi, but just get people mad lol.
Luigi still isn't at the right spot in the tier list and I won't rest until he gets the spot he deserves.
I've helped a bit at making Diddy go from 14th to 2nd by finding a couple ATs, testing stuff on stages, etc... so I know this is an aaaawesome feeling *.*

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Yup, that was the one and only Polmex23, back from the grave. I'll be trying to bring him to more tourneys and stuff. He had a rough pool in his first tourney back.
oh wow. I hope he does good now that he is returning.

I'm liking this positive view on luigi getting better.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was bored so I decided to play brawl -, balanced brawl, and project m. Project M seems pretty cool. The other two were okay.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
airdodge to fsmash

edit:

Moves that I have named after luigi players.

The biglou is airdodge to fsmash.
The yoshq is when you upb your opponent even if you know he won't die.
The boss is Luigi doing fair planking or up b.
The hippiedude is when you cyclone without jumping and do uncharged missle and grab the ledge.
edit 2: lol double post.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
the ruinn is failing at every up b attempt .-.

lol. also i know this half the time wont work, but it's very satisfying when pulled off. It's jab 1 -> dtilt*trip* to upb. you feel like a boss when this is landed.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
the ruinn is failing at every up b attempt .-.

lol. also i know this half the time wont work, but it's very satisfying when pulled off. It's jab 1 -> dtilt*trip* to upb. you feel like a boss when this is landed.
yeah, I forget that it's possible, but it's risky since dtilt animation lags if it doesn't trip.

Labernash

Smash Lord
The Labernash is Crouch Tilting thingy around, into Snake while he's charging a F-Smash, and doing it again out of range before it goes off.

That, or it's D-throw > N-air > Airdodge > Footstool opponent > FF Fireball > Fireball lock > Up-B.

True story.

TreK

Is "that guy"
The teneban : spending half of the match on the ledge not being capable of getting back onstage :3

Luigisama

Smash Champion
luigisama, which colour luigi do you use?
I pick depending on port colors. p1 red p2 blue, p3 yellow or orange, p4 green. I rotate every so often. I think right now I'm up to p3. But if my opponent picks the port I was going to I have to skip it. :(

@excel
lol I didn't know that about themann.

oh the zhao- Jump off ledge, reverse fireball, and then bair.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Luigisama- fireball into fsmash or upsmash

it has to be something that only you do.
Errrr...fast fall air dodge to ground > upB...No one does that right? D;

What about always trying random attempts to B-Air stage spike someone on the ledge.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Errrr...fast fall air dodge to ground > upB...No one does that right? D;

What about always trying random attempts to B-Air stage spike someone on the ledge.
i do that first thing

Top Bottom