• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Get the replay off of your sd card and Send the replay to someone else. Or maybe you can do that share thing. I feel like yoshq has a recording setup.

:phone:

Player-3

Smash Hero
7th place today all luigi

up b'd kismets falco which he hasn't been up bed by luigi since '09 so :D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
In doubles friendlies at a tourney, I took all 3 stocks from Byron. No one but BSP knows him, I don't think. But it was still super duper cool.

In draft crews, I took 3 stocks from a little kid's Marth. I felt like a monster. :c

Labernash

Smash Lord
I tell little kids who play Mr. GW that they can bucket my waft. Hehehehe, works everytime.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Doh

I just did my worst performance ever XD
0-5 in pools, and I only played Luigi like 2 matches because there were two top French MKs and a top French Marth in my pool.

But I took a perfect replay of the Luigi-Diddy matchup in my freeplay time against Neath, my crewleader who placed 4th/63 with Diddy. I'll have it uploaded when I can :D

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from Impulse, made it out of pools but lost 2 sets in a row in bracket. Lost to TOJoe (Fox/Wario) and Cruxis (Snake) which I shouldn't have lost to.

Also when me and zhao were luigi ditto'ing I happened to sideB into the side of battefield (get Luigi's head stuck) and he stage spiked me lol, but I wondered if you can tech that? Neither me or zhao knew, anybody know if its possible?

DBSammy

Smash Ace
From my experiences with getting stage spiked because of getting my head stuck (which is a lot), I'd say that you would need some TAS like reaction speed in order to do so since Luigi is so close to the ledge.

Napos

Smash Ace
In doubles friendlies at a tourney, I took all 3 stocks from Byron. No one but BSP knows him, I don't think. But it was still super duper cool.

In draft crews, I took 3 stocks from a little kid's Marth. I felt like a monster. :c

For a tourney some kid was using sonic...I was like...gooooood.....I didn't feel bad after jacking him. No mercy.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I know that feel haha. Our scene is so small I feel guilty when I beat newcomers so hard they wanna quit already. But there was that one Snake a year ago who kept ranting about how super unlucky he was and ****. I put a couple bucks on the table and told him 'those are yours if you are able to hit me once'.
I 3-stock-0%-ed him two times and it felt awesome. And the audience liked it, too xD

BSP

Smash Legend
Teneban, you're evil for that lol.

Also, that'd be a JV 4 stock.

Man, I'm feeling so depressed about playing :luigi2: anymore....

yoshq

Smash Master
I know that feel haha. Our scene is so small I feel guilty when I beat newcomers so hard they wanna quit already. But there was that one Snake a year ago who kept ranting about how super unlucky he was and ****. I put a couple bucks on the table and told him 'those are yours if you are able to hit me once'.
I 3-stock-0%-ed him two times and it felt awesome. And the audience liked it, too xD
Haha awesome.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if LBoss still plays? Ryo is having a tournament and wanted him or any one else interested to join. At least 4 power rankers will be there plus crew battle (which I will be representing that Gainesville Luigi)

BSP

Smash Legend
You're accepting defeat.

You went from ****** with :luigi2: to saying losing doesn't matter, and Big Lou doesn't even play the character anymore. Is there even any point in trying anymore?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if LBoss still plays? Ryo is having a tournament and wanted him or any one else interested to join. At least 4 power rankers will be there plus crew battle (which I will be representing that Gainesville Luigi)
not sure. you'll probably have to ask Viper. He only entered three tourneys so far in this year.

Edit: we could try to get people mad.
But yeah Luigi can win most of his matches.
-The thing is if a Luigi can just at least get his opponent to 50%(depending on the character) or even 100% all they need is up b for 50% and Fsmash(tilted up) for 100%.
-Just the fact that Luigi has an up b that kills at low percents, fsmash that kills at 90%, or a misfire that kills when it comes out on the right time truly makes
Luigi a variable. you can never count him out especially if it is a good Luigi player who knows his character and can pick up on constant rolls/habits or PS perfectly to punish with upb.
Not to mention Luigi is a combo machine. His buffer aerials from Fair- fair- to nair are insane and bair linking into bair. Then if you wanna be crazy link Fireball to upsmash or fsmash.

I would be an ever better Luigi if I could just read better or have good timing with Powershielding, but all I have is knowleadge on luigi and the use his traction in matches. Other than that good setups for up b. Like looking back on the old Marth v.s Luigi mu thread I find some of Hippiedude's post about "oh just ps it" to be ridiculous, but it works. Even though I can't ps as good as Hippie I just camp marth's and punish their Fair's with Upsmash.

I don't think Luigi is done as a character for tournament, but atm there aren't too many promising Luigis playing right now. Imo there is a still a lot of new faces who need to Learn mus, who overtime will improve on reading their opponent and other things like PS. It will come in due time.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Lou still plays luigi

but Lou is fat. jk

@Zhao wow nice come back in game 2. Game 3 I think you had that. You just kept going in the whole time. Eh the only thing I think would have helped is some cyclones and getting rid of the naners during the last stock to make Zinoto fight you.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
not sure. you'll probably have to ask Viper. He only entered three tourneys so far in this year.

Edit: we could try to get people mad.
But yeah Luigi can win most of his matches.
-The thing is if a Luigi can just at least get his opponent to 50%(depending on the character) or even 100% all they need is up b for 50% and Fsmash(tilted up) for 100%.
-Just the fact that Luigi has an up b that kills at low percents, fsmash that kills at 90%, or a misfire that kills when it comes out on the right time truly makes
Luigi a variable. you can never count him out especially if it is a good Luigi player who knows his character and can pick up on constant rolls/habits or PS perfectly to punish with upb.
Not to mention Luigi is a combo machine. His buffer aerials from Fair- fair- to nair are insane and bair linking into bair. Then if you wanna be crazy link Fireball to upsmash or fsmash.

I would be an ever better Luigi if I could just read better or have good timing with Powershielding, but all I have is knowleadge on luigi and the use his traction in matches. Other than that good setups for up b. Like looking back on the old Marth v.s Luigi mu thread I find some of Hippiedude's post about "oh just ps it" to be ridiculous, but it works. Even though I can't ps as good as Hippie I just camp marth's and punish their Fair's with Upsmash.

I don't think Luigi is done as a character for tournament, but atm there aren't too many promising Luigis playing right now. Imo there is a still a lot of new faces who need to Learn mus, who overtime will improve on reading their opponent and other things like PS. It will come in due time.
Alright thanks, I will ask him Saturday at the tournament. @BSP one of us need to pick up where Big lou dropped off, luigi has really great potential I think. Also anyone tried dthrow to pivot grab? It tends to work well for people that spot dodge and then if they dj then just do your regular follow ups.

Top Bottom