• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Does anyone have footage or a replay of luigi powershielding Mk's glide attack and punishing it with up b?
I need it for my mk v.s Luigi video.
Also footage of Luigi nair baiting and punish mk's up b.
It's probably on youtube I just have to look for it.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
Luigisama, RaptorTEC

^ incoming troll post

Napos

Smash Ace
Does anyone have footage or a replay of luigi powershielding Mk's glide attack and punishing it with up b?
It's probably only on youtube I just have to look for it.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
Luigisama, RaptorTEC

^ incoming troll post
yeah please post, I gotta see this.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone here remembers me but for the first time ever I'm going to a Brawl tournament on the 28th.
Of course I'll be reppin' Luigi.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
So I tried going Marth the last tournament I went and failed pretty miserably. So me thinks I'm gunna go back to training Luigi and using MK/Snake for my bad MU's.

Trying to get other characters to tournament level is too hard lol

Luigisama

Smash Champion
So I tried going Marth the last tournament I went and failed pretty miserably. So me thinks I'm gunna go back to training Luigi and using MK/Snake for my bad MU's.

Trying to get other characters to tournament level is too hard lol
yeah it's like starting over in a sense. I'm considering using mario for certain stages where I just hate playing on as Luigi like SV or sharking stages like Halberd or Delfino whenever they are legal where I am. Seems like a bad decision, but I want to try to it first and see where it goes. I have nothing lose imo

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Guys, we can now Bossnado without godlike jackhammering skills.

I set my dpad Up and Left/Right to special. Now I can recover like a pro AND troll with nado offstage.

You know what? Set the whole thing to special.

boss8

Smash Hero
Guys, we can now Bossnado without godlike jackhammering skills.

I set my dpad Up and Left/Right to special. Now I can recover like a pro AND troll with nado offstage.

You know what? Set the whole thing to special.
bwahahahaha!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRSEKYJa60&feature=related
3:30-3:31 wolf side B's me....
but
fireball invincible
LOOL
and he misses

wolf went through my entire body.....

umm what? is fireball that gay? or atleast the animation?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lmfao DPad to special does that **** work? That is what I needed.

:phone:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
bwahahahaha!!!!

but
fireball invincible
LOOL
and he misses

yeah I think luigi's animation makes him in a sense invisible. He can dodge falco's lasers with fireball.

as for the dpad thing lol maybe that can help the luigis that have trouble with doing rising cyclone. I think don't know how that works, but eh it works

Update on some stuff I was really bored and figured out
1. So I was wondering why there were times in tournament where I got an edge slip against my opponent and my fireball didn't lock them. Turns out around 25% Luigi can start a fireball lock, but he can't start it at zero. I tested it out both in training mode( first tried in here) and then in vs and got the same result.

So it's best to setup the fireball lock by either edge slip or at least put the opponent into flop animation.

2. so lol if you're on the edge and you do jump to charge luigi missile onto the ledge in the direction of the blast zone you stay in place and the animation happens. Then if you hold back on the control stick you grab the ledge. It looks funny and doesn't really seem to have a use. From what I tested the hitbox is still active, but it can't hit anything.

3. I'm close to finishing my video on metaknight I just need footage of two things and then it will be done.

4. So Sliding jab to dtilt(trip) up b. I've been working on it and looks like it can't hit D3 because the way he trips. He is pushed away from luigi so D3 can't get hit with up b. Just to note on fast fallers like shiek, fox, falco, wolf, falcon, and Link etc. You need to hit them with dtilt you can't jab to dtilt because they are fast fallers and they can Power shield the dtilt.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yup. Now you can mash multiple inputs without ever having to drill jackhammer exercises.
I tried it. It's worse than my regular attempts. I can't get any vertical at all.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can't handle it. I've tried, and if I do the cyclone (rather than fireball, side b, or up b from letting go of down really soon), I don't get any vertical at all. Usually I sink.

What I did instead was switch only side taunt, and use my index and middle finger to bounce back and forth.

My problem was that I was pressing up before letting go of side, etc.

can't press both sides at the same time, so it works pretty well.

yoshq

Smash Master
It's probably on youtube I just have to look for it.
I have both
bwahahahaha!!!!

but
fireball invincible
LOOL
and he misses

No, although Luigi does slide into the 3rd dimension VERY briefly during this move, but wolf's hitbox simply didn't hit you in this instance. The fireball move had already ended.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I would like to thank Luigisama for this awesomeness.

I ****ing love you dude, i never knew i was going on a montage video!

That made me so happy... Thank you...

me9595

Smash Apprentice
won my first money in a tournament today, placed third in dubs and made 5 bucks from a house tourney
i also killed a meta knight at 40 percent on delfino with up-b, i was surprised that it actually killed him

Top Bottom