• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This seems rather early but who's thinking about going to GEN3SIS?

:phone:
If I'm accepted in the Master's program at UCSC, I will go. As well as a crew from Puerto Rico might go as well. They want to go to EVO primarily. But if the donation fails and Melee doesn't get to EVO they will go to Genesis I presume.

yoshq said:
Yoo did you guys see my falling nair to upb to punish mk's nado at 43% on live stream? We didn't win the game but it was still the highlight of my tourney play.
I saw it. In fact, after you landed that I was sure you guys were going to win. :(

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yoo did you guys see my falling nair to upb to punish mk's nado at 43% on live stream? We didn't win the game but it was still the highlight of my tourney play.

I'm pretty sure he was at 45% after the nair because I remember him dying at 70%. That was insane lol

Also I am scrub and didn't make it out of pools. I did beat people though so yey :awesome:

yoshq

Smash Master
yoshq how did you do against roller? i know you lost but how did the match go/who did you go/what did you do
It went well. Up until that point I had very little idea of what to do against Icies. But I realized during those matches that all I had to do was be more intelligently aggressive. I had been doing grabbable moves up until that point, but I realized if my only blind approach was sh dair and the rest were based on reads, I wouldn't get grabbed. I had the set 3rd game last stock, but I choked and did a missile instead of an upb. He didn't grab me then, but afterwards I was off the edge and did nado, then just upb instead of jump upb, which I did twice during the set to gimp myself.
YoshQ, how many money matches did you win? I know at least 2 in dittos.[/size]

When/Where is Genesis3?
Not too many. A low tier vs BlazinAlex and a midtier vs Asa. & one vs a Diddy. In the diddy one, 1st game was ****ing hype. I was at 150% last stock and he came back with a fresh stock, but I didn't give up. Somehow I got him off the ledge and did dair foostool to kill him at 0% and won the game. Then ended up winning the set.

According to Sky Genesis should be around June.
I saw it. In fact, after you landed that I was sure you guys were going to win. :(
I knoww.

boss8

Smash Hero
yea so uh...i was playing vs some MKs

and all i would do is....

1.spam fireballs
2.walk
3.nado/b-reverse nado at some points
4.usmash his nado
5.b-reverse fireballs
6.ftilt

of course when they get close is when i'd nado,or just go for something else like ftilt or something....incase they tried to catch on....these seemed pretty effective though...considering the MK's couldn't really react/predict when i would nado/b reverse nado.....also they would try n break it off with an up-b...so that's when i'd jus nado in place...then go back to walking and fireballing....

interesting approaches to use vs characters with no projectiles...

boss8

Smash Hero
Notice how boss never mentioned jumping. Something to keep in mind.

its cool to jump......just make sure you keep ur space/distance....more so for bait....

im tryna equip this style in my gameplay vs MOST characters that luigi has bad MU's against...

though this really won't work against olimar...

tornado is so great......should be abused more....jus not spammed of course..

it is kinda nerve racking to react to MK though...loool jus takes some focusing...

TreK

Is "that guy"
I actually like the mk matchup as luigi, up until I'm offstage. We are actually a threat to him on the ground, it's a shame that he can reliably kill us under 90.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Luigi's F-tilt sucks. D:
Is upward F-tilt better or something? It's so unsafe on shield. It's good if they're airborne but other than that I don't see the benefits to using F-tilt at all.

BSP

Smash Legend
Is upward F-tilt better or something? It's so unsafe on shield. It's good if they're airborne but other than that I don't see the benefits to using F-tilt at all.

http://youtu.be/Y08qI3KPCrs

Woah, I've been skimming the frame data. I didn't know luigi had so much IASA frames

I've seen people give games away because they don't do this lock.

Napos

Smash Ace
Can someone explain buffer to me? How does one exactly, buffer a move? Example would be falcos BDACUS

BSP

Smash Legend
Buffering is inputing an action within the last 10 frames of a previous action (attack/lag/almost anything outside of a neutral stance) so that it comes out on the first frame possible.

To buffer, just input the action of whatever you're trying to buffer within the last 10 frames of the previous action you did.

IE, buffering shield after you hit the ground after an airdodge. You Airdodge while falling towards the ground and, within 10 frames of hitting the ground, you input the spotdodge. Your character will perform the spotdodge as soon as they can once they hit the ground.

Or, pick Luigi and spotdodge, and in the last 10 frames of his spotdodge, input an Up B. Even though you pressed it before Luigi could perform the action (he was in lag), the action will still come out as soon as he is able to perform it. In this case, you buffered the Up B.

For Falco's Bdacus, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDLKBJyQzk

Originally Posted by pure_awesome
Ahem.

Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice.

Yes, you have to let the control stick return to neutral before the FIRST C-stick. The idea here is you want to input a dash attack, then an upsmash, during 1/6th of a second. If you hit control stick and c-stick at the same time, the game reads running upsmash. You have to input the first c-stick while the control stick is returning (or has already returned) to a neutral position. The second c-stick inputs the upsmash.

If you're trying to learn BDACUS, I recommend first analyzing the timing for the move you want to BDACUS after. For those of you still learning, I recommend Dthrow.

To start, try buffering a dash attack using these controls with Dthrow. Perform your Dthrow, then, roughly around when Falco shoots his very last laser downwards, input control stick to the side, return to neutral, c-stick up. If you UpSmash, you inputted the Dash too soon, or you didn't allow the control stick to return to neutral. If you sliding UpSmash, you inputted Attack too late. Once you can consistently do an instant Dash Attack out of Dthrow, move on to BDACUS. All you're doing is adding a C-stick up after the first two motions.

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically, the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.

Laser - Something's wrong with you.

yoshq

Smash Master
Boss too good.
Ftilt stays out a very long time so it's good to cover air dodges. It's good to use against snake's cypher if you don't think you'll be able to get a grab when he's coming back from off the edge. The most proficient use of it, however, I feel is to use it as a random move to confuse the opponent. Then of course there's the ftilt lock as portrayed above.

What does IASA mean?

BSP

Smash Legend
Interruptible As Soon As

All the the frames after IASA frames can be acted out of, even if said character is in an animation

Top Bottom