• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say mobility. The friction can be used to luigi's advantage in some situations, and feel that if he had better mobilitly, the range issue would be relieved a bit. For example, Wario has poor range on most of his moves but his superior mobilitly allows him move in and out of the opponent, thus he doesn't have to commit as much on his approaches, something luigi can't do.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend were dicussing the exact same thing the other day. We thought luigi should be right between yoshi and ness. Though yoshi's mu against mk isn't nearly as bad as luigi's.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ugh luigi went up instead of down. My hopes of lowtierluigi are gone.

BSP

Smash Legend
He's powerful, but what's stopping low tiers from laming/walling him out as well?

Ness is better than Luigi

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ness has a lot more options and more mobility than luigi. He also has decent approaching and spacing tools ( i.e. fair) that luigi doesn't have. I feel ness can be played somewhat conventinally, while luigi needs more tricks.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Awesome vids concon, btw do you have a special control set-up or any tips on proper b-reversal? I'm having trouble getting the timing down, and it looks like a really good landing mix-up.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Whatever they were, they make luigi seem much more mobile. I know what wavebouncing is but I've only used it with lucas.

Tesh

Smash Hero
ConCon you look like the "Salem" of your character. Never seen a Luigi so fluid and fast. I'd love to see some recent stuff of you vs a better players so I can separate silliness from sloppiness.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I hope no one misunderstood my post, but i said all along ness>luigi. What I meant by between yoshi and ness is that he's above yoshi but below ness. Even in the head to head matchup, Ness can wall out luigi pretty well with fith fair and nair, can juggle him , and can punsih him pretty hard offstage escpially since he dair luigi out of nado and missle.

BSP

Smash Legend
I hope no one misunderstood my post, but i said all along ness>luigi. What I meant by between yoshi and ness is that he's above yoshi but below ness. Even in the head to head matchup, Ness can wall out luigi pretty well with fith fair and nair, can juggle him , and can punsih him pretty hard offstage escpially since he dair luigi out of nado and missle.
I may have been looking at the wrong tier list when I said that. V7 has Yoshi > Ness, which would lead to what I said.

BSP

Smash Legend
What are you sorry for? I probably messed up lol.

@mrconcon: win the next major with Luigi plz

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Oh no worries then, btw besides mk what teammates do you all find good for luigi? Me and my friend are working on a luigi sonic team.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic isn't a bad teammate for Luigi. If you aren't immediately going to gravitate to picking a good character to team with (or if its a mid tier side event), Sonic is one of your best options. They definitely cover each other's weaknesses better than similarly....bad characters.

Luigi's "power" factor isn't very easy for sonic to set up for like Ike or DK.

NNID
LilG912
DJ Delta, Ness can't "juggle" with Fair and Nair vs a Luigi, Ness uses those moves to space out Luigi. If a Ness will try to juggle Luigi, he will receive the Nair of Truth to his big head, lmfao. Oh and btw, Luigi vs Ness is 50/50 (even)? I haven't paid any attention to latest updates for Luigi's matchups b/c it took like ages to get it finished.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Oops, I'm pretty sure my post said
he spaces/walls out luigi with fair and nair. What I meant by juggle is if luigi recovers high, ness can send pk thunder after him due. I think the only reaosn why the mu is even is luigi can gimp ness and jab works really well against ness to get early kills, but you're right it is 50/50.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
luigi and wario team is overpowered, wario down throw to anything luigi has is pretty good

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I heard wario/luigi can be a really good team. I guess I just curious to see if any luigi's ever teamed with an uncommon character, since wario is one of the best dubz characters. Most of my crew plays mid tiers like fox, ness, and sonic.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just by watching ConCon's video, the top 3 game winning factors I saw were Dair spike, jump less tornado, and shoryuken. If more Luigi players could master these tools, Luigi would be more of a threat for sure.

Cept jumpless tornadoes, for me anyways, are reaaaally hard. I want a turbo remote haha.

Well, I think what holds back Luigi the absolute most though is his MK matchup. Like so...freaking...hard...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Just by watching ConCon's video, the top 3 game winning factors I saw were Dair spike, jump less tornado, and shoryuken. If more Luigi players could master these tools, Luigi would be more of a threat for sure.

Cept jumpless tornadoes, for me anyways, are reaaaally hard. I want a turbo remote haha.

Well, I think what holds back Luigi the absolute most though is his MK matchup. Like so...freaking...hard...
old school luigi alert.

Top Bottom