• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I didn't ask for his advice.

I wish that would happen, so that I could see what the big deal about marth is...
You said you wanted to play his Marth because he knew the match-up. At the very least you wanted to see how a real Marth played. Then when he told you to work on something TO HELP YOU GET BETTER SO YOU DON'T GET YOUR *** ****ED OFFLINE, you dismissed it by saying you can beat Marths, then tried to support you claims by using a wifi set vs. a decent Marth, and a win vs. a below average Marth.

The only other reason I can see you playing his Marth and not listening to what he had to say is so that you could have bragging rights to beating his Marth. Here's a classic quote that I'll throw out regardless: Winning on wifi is like winning the special Olympics; even if you win you're still ********.

Add "mcabreact" on AIM, play a little NEO. If you win 5 matches in a row, I will sell my Wii, Brawl, XBox360 and every single video game that I own, and I will send you all the money. That's how confident I am that you won't beat a good Marth.

WIGI

Smash Champion
someone play me, yoshq has to take a nap.. i was going to use my never before ever used ever litteraly marth on him and see what happened...

but... i still want to play

WIGI

Smash Champion
okk just have to turn wii on and stuff.. if you have ulim replay.. an di taunt spike you,. but its mroe than 3 min.. can u save for me?

edit: i also have to change my controls... set my up and side taunts to like.. smash attacks.. or something.

yoshq

Smash Master
You said you wanted to play his Marth because he knew the match-up. At the very least you wanted to see how a real Marth played. Then when he told you to work on something TO HELP YOU GET BETTER SO YOU DON'T GET YOUR *** ****ED OFFLINE, you dismissed it by saying you can beat Marths, then tried to support you claims by using a wifi set vs. a decent Marth, and a win vs. a below average Marth.

The only other reason I can see you playing his Marth and not listening to what he had to say is so that you could have bragging rights to beating his Marth. Here's a classic quote that I'll throw out regardless: Winning on wifi is like winning the special Olympics; even if you win you're still ********.

Add "mcabreact" on AIM, play a little NEO. If you win 5 matches in a row, I will sell my Wii, Brawl, XBox360 and every single video game that I own, and I will send you all the money. That's how confident I am that you won't beat a good Marth.
so I should play this guy on wifi?

and whatever, I'm totally done trying to talk to you guys, evidentally I'm cocky now and I'm getting hate for it. so just forget I ever said anything.

chic

Smash Ace
ok yoshq,

theres only a few luigi mains who i believe when they say they are good at and know the marth match up because they have consistently proved themselves by beating good marths in big offline tournaments. all you've done is beat some marths on wifi. so when you go around saying that marth is easy/hes no big deal you really shouldn't be surprised that we give you **** for it

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
GGs WiGi, fun times. nice combos.

i was playing around with other characters to see what you do differently to handle them. might look into those more.(the characters i use are my hardest matchups <_<) thanks for the matches.

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah i npoticed you used all my hard matchups, except g+w.... i was playing bad.. usualy im fine with falcos, decent against mk, and.. i never have figured out how to beat kirbys.. but i did alright. i wasn't playing as smart as i usually do.. oh well.

oh btw.

your the only person to legit taunt spike me like that. you set it up the way i do... it was weird.. now i know what its like to play me.. cpet more tech skill.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
yeah i npoticed you used all my hard matchups, except g+w.... i was playing bad.. usualy im fine with falcos, decent against mk, and.. i never have figured out how to beat kirbys.. but i did alright. i wasn't playing as smart as i usually do.. oh well.

oh btw.

your the only person to legit taunt spike me like that. you set it up the way i do... it was weird.. now i know what its like to play me.. cpet more tech skill.
Kirby is the stupidest match-up when I use Luigi. I literally have no idea what to do. I learned how to recover from Kirby edgeguards though, good ****.

Haha, I was wearing the WiGi colors, too good! Plus i saw you do something similar on Rainbow Cruise in your taunt video. tauntspiking that way is balls hard, i dunno how you do it so much LOL.

WIGI

Smash Champion
so what advice do you have for me? besides playing smarter...

this is the first time in a long time ive had the desire to improve...

CR4SH

Smash Lord
zhao_guang said:
brt, let's get wasted out of our minds, **** some chicks senseless then discuss how to improve Luigi's metagame through an increase in technical abilities.
Done and done.

In reference to the championship *****-off, xisin is either the best or second best marth in the midwest. Either in front of or behind beegs. I can beat him on wifi. He ruins my world offline, like 2 and 3 stocks aren't uncommon (on my luigi).

The marth matchup on wifi is an entirely different ball of wax. Hell, most matchups are. MK on wifi is absolutely not worse than 65:35, offline it's basically hopeless. Same idea with our zero suit conversation earlier. When you're talking matchups wifi does not count.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
so what advice do you have for me? besides playing smarter...

this is the first time in a long time ive had the desire to improve...
I think you should try looking to set up more UpB opportunities. You'd land some nice earlier kills, which could've turned a lot of those matches the other way.

That, and maybe just pick up the pace a little bit. You have everything pretty much down perfectly, but if you kick up the speed a little bit, it'll be very hard for others to adapt to what you dish out, and you'll much harder to punish. Also you'll just overall step up the ****.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Kirby is such a fun matchup. One of my regulars here in Idaho mains him, and its hard to get around Bair but there are lots of ways to do it. You can punish bair if you powershield to immediate Dsmash no matter how well hes spaced. Also don't try to UpB him, whatever you do...

Lew

Smash Cadet
This is probably a ******* question but i figured i would just throw it out there...Do you guys think that in order to have an efficient highly effective and deadly luigi that AD Buffering must be a tech skill that is mastered?

WIGI

Smash Champion
No magic mushrooms to help you.

Ok, we could make up stories about Mario and chess and how much fun it is to combine one of the most beloved franchises in the video gaming world with one of the most classically wonderful thinking game in the universe. But we won't. And we won't for one reason, and one reason only: Luigi. Something shocking has been revealed with the Super Mario Chess Set that is going to rock the gaming world forever.

Of course you get the game and the really cool pieces of Mario and the Princess and Yoshi and Bowser, etc. But here's the shocking part: Luigi is the Queen! OMG! It's so shocking we have to repeat it: Luigi is Mario's Queen. WTF? We thought they were brothers! We thought Birdo was the one with gender questions, not Luigi. But now we know the truth. So, buy the Super Mario Chess Set and show your love and support for chess, Super Mario Brothers, and Luigi's right to express himself however he chooses. We love you, you Queen in Green.

taken from thinkgeek.com

The Queen in Green

combovid name anyone xD

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Am I the only one that saw that you guys were being d**ks to yoshq? By you guys, I mean hippie and zhao. I was reading the convo and was like, "dang, hippie's being a d**k." Then I read the rest of zhao's replies and was like, "dang, zhao's being a d**k too."

Ease off you guys, or else there won't be any hippebers or elhao_guangs in our reproductive futures.

Naw, there still will be... but I will retain all naming rights and make sure my name takes priority in our offspring like elheberdude92 or elheber_guang.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
My god...were gay >_<. Lol. Sorry if i'm straight guys :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Kirby is such a fun matchup. One of my regulars here in Idaho mains him, and its hard to get around Bair but there are lots of ways to do it. You can punish bair if you powershield to immediate Dsmash no matter how well hes spaced. Also don't try to UpB him, whatever you do...
If you powershield his F-smash, you get a free up-B.

Or...what I think also works is shielding his Dash attack and Up-Bing out of shield when it ends.

sounds good.. yeah.. i hardly upb anymore.. i should..
I Up-B too much on the other hand actually. I just almost never Jab-Up-B though because I either have trouble spacing it, or I get it shielded all the time even against sucky players (because it is blockable by most of the cast. :( ). Instead, I usually try to spotdodge, Up-B out of shield, run up randomly -> Up-B, yeah. I could work on powershield -> Up-B though, since that is ****ing hard to do.

This is probably a ******* question but i figured i would just throw it out there...Do you guys think that in order to have an efficient highly effective and deadly luigi that AD Buffering must be a tech skill that is mastered?
Personally me, I prefer throwing out random low lag aerials since your floatiness can be used to work your way into an opponent's blind spot.

AD buffering is kinda useful, but isn't fundamentally the only thing that Luigi needs to know how to do...Luigi is pretty straightforward though. If you can juggle your opponent a lot, land a lot of Jabs and Jab cancels, and land a lot of random Up-Bs or F-smashes, you should win.

Yeah so anyway, Luigi is probably beating the crap out of his opponent if he's managing to connect his entire moveset lol.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Am I the only one that saw that you guys were being d**ks to yoshq? By you guys, I mean hippie and zhao. I was reading the convo and was like, "dang, hippie's being a d**k." Then I read the rest of zhao's replies and was like, "dang, zhao's being a d**k too."

Ease off you guys, or else there won't be any hippebers or elhao_guangs in our reproductive futures.

Naw, there still will be... but I will retain all naming rights and make sure my name takes priority in our offspring like elheberdude92 or elheber_guang.
I honestly don't care if you thought I was being rude. I'm sick and tired of him dismissing legit advice because it doesn't go with what he's learned off of Wifi. Online play has ruined his Luigi, and he doesn't even know it yet.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
AD Buffering must be mastered. No doubt about it. Once you have it, you mix it into your game and add another way of getting inside the opponent. And by "getting inside", I mean brutal ****** worse than in Irreversible.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hippie and zhao might have been acting like ***** sure, but yoshq was being pretty arrogant and more or less implying that he knows way more then the other luigis and that they are stupid to think marth is a hard matchup.

besides, this is hippies home turf dawg.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol i have multiple turfs, but it isn't mine, it's everyone else's :p

i only posted the convo just for certain ppl to see, but w/e lols he has the right to report me or not anyways up to him.

besides, this is why l hate wifi -___-. Sakurai shouldn't never made Wifi for brawl in the first place anyways.

WIGI

Smash Champion
it was because it was laggy...

but yeah

and.. i was on random the first match.. and almsot beat you xD

you need to fix your lag issues. dmz your wii or sumthin

Top Bottom