• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Esca

Smash Champion
Boss' Luigi from my experience is definitely a notch above the rest, if only b/c he's so ridiculously smart and great at reading/setting up ****. I've only ever played Southwest Luigi's aside from him, though, so I don't know on the whole. I hope BigLou comes to WHOBO though, so I can play him there (and we'd team <3)
PX. Let's have a serious set at HOBO Luigi vs Wario. I don't think you've ever played my Luigi.

+ You're washed up placing 4th so i'm gonna **** you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
By Inui logic I must be the best luigi! I'm glad this was brought up because the luigi boards don't know how much better I am than they are even though I still lose. =p Also praxis I'm picking up pika for some dumb matchups :D Like D3 once bojay starts infiniting me, and for MK :D

Also for the last time G/W isn't that bad and jab -> upB is super easy to land on him and it kills at like 2%.
If the G&W gets really smart and knows how to DI out of the combo, good luck.

You have to remember, Luigi's Jab combos are dependent on DI, so if he knows you want to Jab Up-B him at 41% whenever you get close, all he has to do is crouch and shield to escape it, or he can alternatively DI up and jump out of it.

It should be really obvious when Luigi wants to do it on G&W anyway, due to how limited his approach is in this matchup anyway, not to mention his limited defensive game in general. You seriously underestimate how limited Luigi's options are for getting close to G&W in the first place. It's not unlike getting shut down by Marth and having him Up-B out of your Jab combo when you do finally get close. =/

G&W is also an extremely difficult character to powershield. You won't be powershielding his Smashes on reaction if he knows that he has something like a 3 frame release on his D-smash and a 2 frame release on Up-smash, and even if his startup is just average, most of his attacks do come out before reaction time, and he has great mobility and multihit options.

The only good news is that most G&W players suck and don't actually know how to use the character correctly, and UTD Zac's matchup knowledge is apparently all against S/A tiers and Yoshi basically.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
You said you wanted to play his Marth because he knew the match-up. At the very least you wanted to see how a real Marth played. Then when he told you to work on something TO HELP YOU GET BETTER SO YOU DON'T GET YOUR *** ****ED OFFLINE, you dismissed it by saying you can beat Marths, then tried to support you claims by using a wifi set vs. a decent Marth, and a win vs. a below average Marth.

The only other reason I can see you playing his Marth and not listening to what he had to say is so that you could have bragging rights to beating his Marth. Here's a classic quote that I'll throw out regardless: Winning on wifi is like winning the special Olympics; even if you win you're still ********.

Add "mcabreact" on AIM, play a little NEO. If you win 5 matches in a row, I will sell my Wii, Brawl, XBox360 and every single video game that I own, and I will send you all the money. That's how confident I am that you won't beat a good Marth.
he won like 3 matches in a row, then i just started standing there since rolling to up tilt on wifi is apparently an amazing strategy. so then he just rolled into me and id grab him and he kept getting 2 stocked like 4 matches in a row. then he won one on norfair, then i think i won one stock on a neutral then switched to fox and lost.

ggs tho yoshq, i probably won't be playing you like at all anymore since about 70% of your wifi game is the most ridiculous, impractical and non-applicable stuff ive played against xD. hopefully you don't rely so heavily on gimmicks offline, they won't get you far

yoshq

Smash Master
he won like 3 matches in a row, then i just started standing there since rolling to up tilt on wifi is apparently an amazing strategy. so then he just rolled into me and id grab him and he kept getting 2 stocked like 4 matches in a row. then he won one on norfair, then i think i won one stock on a neutral then switched to fox and lost.

ggs tho yoshq, i probably won't be playing you like at all anymore since about 70% of your wifi game is the most ridiculous, impractical and non-applicable stuff ive played against xD. hopefully you don't rely so heavily on gimmicks offline, they won't get you far
lol whatever, you make it sound so 1 sided, so i give up for the second time. all you marths get pissed automatically and won't say anything constructive after you've played me, so **** it...

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
lol whatever, you make it sound so 1 sided, so i give up for the second time. all you marths get pissed automatically and won't say anything constructive after you've played me, so **** it...
after a while it was pretty one-sided.. o_O

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Boss knows where it's at. Playing to lose is much more fun than playing to win. This is why I love him, even if he looks like Lawrence Fishburne.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1

Reason being, everytime someone gives you a piece of legit advice (i.e: not rolling to up-tilt x 5000 vs. Marth) you COMPLETELY dismiss it because it worked on Wi-fi. How, and why should someone give it advice when you're under this ridiculous illusion that everything you do on wifi = do-able offline in a tournament.

Sucks, if you had won two more matches, you would've made some REEEEAAAAAAAL nice money. From wi-fi though >.<

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
By Inui logic I must be the best luigi! I'm glad this was brought up because the luigi boards don't know how much better I am than they are even though I still lose. =p Also praxis I'm picking up pika for some dumb matchups :D Like D3 once bojay starts infiniting me, and for MK :D

Also for the last time G/W isn't that bad and jab -> upB is super easy to land on him and it kills at like 2%.

Lastly, I 100000% agree with cr4sh that people who brag about winning online or making combo videos are fricking ********. Thats why I don't like wigi, he brags about not winning in a bad region and makes excuses for it, then defends it by saying he can taunt spike. WTF? He might be our dark.pch?
I don't believe that Dedede infinites Luigi... He has to pummel to keep the dthrow fresh, doesn't he?. Reflex taught me how to break out of a grab at percentages as high as 100% before the opponent can pummel twice. I'll teach you it if you're worried about that.

Unless you're at >100% (kill percents anyway) you should be able to break out during the pummels.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
DDD does get a few standing regrabs though, and that does do pretty significant damage.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Basically you hold your hand over all the face buttons and vibrate it like a monster while rotating the left stick and mashing L. I suck at doing it this way but its obviously viable so I dunno.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
^

Okay so let me get this straight, you guys DIDN'T know that you were supposed to do exactly that in order to mash?

It's been stated a long time ago that each button input and control stick rotation that you do removes frames from your held time. I forget the exact numbers, but basically there is no disadvantage to pressing random buttons if you want to escape a grab.

Well just be careful if you don't want to get jump released, since mashing a jump button does influence the possibility of getting jump released, but against DDD, that probably would be helpful.

CR4SH

Smash Lord

LOL owned.

Basically you hold your hand over all the face buttons and vibrate it like a monster while rotating the left stick and mashing L. I suck at doing it this way but its obviously viable so I dunno.
I just rock the controller back and forth between my two hands with my thumb and forefingers in the same place. I end up rubbing my right thumb all over the buttons and cstick, while my left thumb rotates the stick wildy and my fingers hit the shoulder buttons. I don't move my fingers at all just the controller. It works really well and I don't have to move my hands into different positions for it.

.Phyro.

Smash Rookie
Hippie

Do you actually trhink im da best wigi in west coast?.... Lol i was Sandbaging... But who isn't on wifi i wish i could play u offline then i can really earn da title... Your luigi inspired mines when i was a noob... :) And i got some moves and techs i need to share with the luigi boards i kinda lazy though...

WIGI

Smash Champion
Do you actually trhink im da best wigi in west coast?.... Lol i was Sandbaging... But who isn't on wifi i wish i could play u offline then i can really earn da title... Your luigi inspired mines when i was a noob... :) And i got some moves and techs i need to share with the luigi boards i kinda lazy though...
i hate you for this reason only.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I see reflex all the time why hasn't he taught me this secret =(
^

Okay so let me get this straight, you guys DIDN'T know that you were supposed to do exactly that in order to mash?

It's been stated a long time ago that each button input and control stick rotation that you do removes frames from your held time. I forget the exact numbers, but basically there is no disadvantage to pressing random buttons if you want to escape a grab.

Well just be careful if you don't want to get jump released, since mashing a jump button does influence the possibility of getting jump released, but against DDD, that probably would be helpful.

The trick Reflex taught me was to put your palm over the face button and vibrating your whole right arm from the elbow to input buttons as fast as possible while spinning or smashing the analog stick with your other hand.

Watch how Reflex does it next time.

Also, LuigiKing is the best Luigi on the WC. Who is this phyro noob?

WIGI

Smash Champion
you said MINES. mineS

WITH AN S.

UNLESS YOUR TALKING ABOUT MULTIPLE LANDMINES, THEN THERE IS NO S ON MINE.period.

it should read

Your luigi inspired mine when i was a noob.

NOT

mines.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
LOL wigi wow u go mad hard over grammar

i didnt think he'd read swf lmfaoooo

of course its wifi but i just freestyle and sandbag too, but u got alot of things to work on anyways

luigiking takes the title by default sorry phyro, you'll get there when you can enter some offlines

WIGI

Smash Champion
"MINES" is the ONLY thing that actually pisses me off. that and "presentate"

no.. its "Present"

oh, you can't be the best "wigi" on the wc.. only i could do that, you could however be the best "Luigi" =P
jks.

.Phyro.

Smash Rookie
Lol That's Whats So Funny He Takes The Title By Default He Did Not Actually Earn It.... Lol Im Going To Start Going To More Offline Tourneys And Earn Da Title Besides Smash Boards I Never Heard OF luigi King Im Going To Make The West Coast Remember My Name.... -__- So i Guess He Has The Title For Now...

Top Bottom