• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
going luigi/mario is much better then luigi/luigi imo.

if your really good, and you've learnt to use both luigi and mario, as alot of luigi mains have, then you can even throw your controllers back and forth to each other, swapping characters and looking cool.

that is, untill you fail horribly against double metaknight.

WIGI

Smash Champion
What about Luigi and Luigi doubles team?

Twice the fireballs!
Twice the jab cancels!
Twice the green missiles!
And best of all, twice the fire jump punches!

... It might work.
Double luigi is friggen ****. me and chic did it once and me and kc were going to, but actually this *****.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I usually try to team with a Zamus...haven't had luck finding a zamus who will team with me offline

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
main problem is that i think i'm the only Luigi ranked first in PRs, because my region is much weaker than other's. it would be misleading to have a thread that says i'm one of the best when i don't even think i'm top 5

that, and ranking each other is dumb, just go out and rep Luigi for the fun of it haha. :)

yoshq

Smash Master
i'm ranked... there's other people ranked

i think it's a good idea, the only downside would be that some people on this board are up tight and would start arguing about it

Doomsday739

Smash Rookie
I would probably forgo the ranking because I live in Arkansas.

Actually, I might be the ONLY Luigi in Arkansas so I'd be 1st. :laugh:

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Any sort of ranking for a single character is usually pretty dumb. We all play against different people, go to almost none of the same tournaments, let alone have enough videos or recorded tournament placings to make a decent list. LOL.

Also I think melee is way fun. I've been playing falco lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I have that attitude... how do we fix it?

PS - Doomsday, you should hitch rides to TX tournies with the other two Arkansas people that come :p

Doomsday739

Smash Rookie
I have that attitude... how do we fix it?

PS - Doomsday, you should hitch rides to TX tournies with the other two Arkansas people that come :p
I probably should, I'll try the next time they go. (Yes, I know them)

On the attitude, I seem to like watching this game being played more than playing it. But I still enjoy smash quite a bit. I might not play in the first big tourney I get to and play friendlies instead. Mainly because I only have experience playing the other two people in my state...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No better way to improve tournament wise than to jump in headfirst. My first big tournament I placed dead last, lol. I just made sure to learn from my mistakes.

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
For some reason I thought I played lucario before I played weegee. I now realized my first tourney was with weegee. Everyone at the tourney were using pretty bad characters. I won against a casual player first round, but then 2nd round I was destroyed by peach and her frying pan of f-ing destiny. The peach user was like 30-ish looking. I now learned to this day..Never mess with peach thats being used by a 30 yr old guy.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
So how about the new ambitious matchup thread dying? Anyone suprised?
Anyone want to take it over?
I stopped using Luigi, again, and the individual character match up threads are always super low on activity. But that's just a Luigi board problem in general.

Basically there is no motivation for me to continue.

Honestly, I see no reason to start a new match up thread every 4 months, so why not continue on the one we have going, even if I'm not involved.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Good job cr4sh :) Also where has the mann been lately? Haven't seen him around or post or anything in a long time. :(
I been around. I prepare mentally for smash lol. Also I just lurk since I really have nothing to post :ohwell: . Least I dont think I do

Oh yea and gratz on the placing crash!

Top Bottom