• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I lost to a Pit in tournament. It was King of Spam, the 2nd best Pit in SoCal. I totally had him on Halberd, except I got owned by the claw on the last stock last hit. =(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I lost to a Pit in tournament. It was King of Spam, the 2nd best Pit in SoCal. I totally had him on Halberd, except I got owned by the claw on the last stock last hit. =(
lolol >_<

...hi guys. I don't even know why I'm here. I think I saw the title "backflip to airdodge to upb" and I was like "lol what character is that??"
I saw the L and I was like "Lucario's Up B doesn't do anything..."

Anyway yeah, happy holidays and new year and stuff.

Cr4sh (or is it Crash now?) is a pretty cool guy.

edit: ooookay this place is dead >_>

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you should work on throwing more shoryukens and less controllers.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Crash upb's all of Indiana. Swear to god you haven't been to Kentucky unless you've been shoryukened by crash.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yeah... I'm pretty sure I just hit Luigi Zen today and cleared a personal plateau with some simple realizations. Felt compelled to say something about it. I intend to be bigger and better than ever, though I wasn't very big or bad to begin with. Fantastic. (YoshQ why didn't you ever tell me I could do an up tilted Fsmash by just holding up and using the c-stick... I've been doing it the hard way this entire time XD) I've clearly been vastly mis/underinformed about my entire Luigi metagame mindset, but I believe I've wised up now. How did I never realize I could be getting Up B kills BEFORE 90%, let alone Fsmash kills. Wow I've been so blind. Oh well, better late than never right? (I feel like a total failure as a Luigi now, but at least I'm not so much anymore) If it makes anyone feel better I doubt this had anything to do with the Luigi boards themselves... though we are all pretty lax =P

Also on a totally unrelated note I just randomly discovered that a fireball shot from the center platform of Japes will ricochet off the side platforms at a very lovely 45 degree angle back down to the water. It makes for some nice free damage/gimpage of anyone attempting to recover from the space in between platforms. Just throwing that out there, though its probably been said by someone somewhere before, and Japes may or may not be banned at most tournies.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
How in the world did you win games with luigi without realizing that? Thats like, half his game.

Upb kills mario at 50, scale for weight (and ivysaur lol). Fsmash up kills at 85, scale again.

Without these simple facts, luigi is ****ing terrible.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
dont worry about it, knowing your character from bottom to top takes time and alot of practice to get into, in order to ulitize all of his options

i mean i dont even know my own characters well enough because i use too much top tiers in friendlies lol. wish someone can make a more up to date extensive guide though.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I would make a guide but it would probably just consist of me raging about MK and Snake...

I'm using Wolf against Snake now btw guys, its just too stupid....

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Not sure if you guys knew about this, but down tilt at higher percents can pop the opponent up for a free follow up. The opponent does not go very high at all, less high than a short hop. So after they get popped up walk forward upb, or up-forward smash.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
u gotta stop with that mentality LK =/ i was like that too, to the fact taht snake all he does is ftilt like some douchebag and a frame 6 utilt that's the size of a penor like wow. when u get more experience u can easily distinguish which are the bad, scrubby and good snakes.

besides, why would u use wolf against snake? or bother using wolf ?lolz i'm actually pretty good in snake dittos, dropped marth for snake for the snake, mk, d3 and gaw matchup =/

Famous

Smash Champion
Luigi vs Snake is NOT good. I thought it was, but it may just be that I suck and don't even try vs top tiers because it makes me hate brawl.
Luigi Vs Snake isn't that bad...Just re-evaluate how you approach Snake and study your opponents playstyle (offensive-defensive)...Offensive Snakes tend to fail so yea...Don't spam downb if there dropping bombs like they have diarheia (spelled it wrong but w/e), just grab alot or shield pressure them with Dairs or whatnot...I'm sure you know the matchup so I won't lecture you anymore about it

I agree, campy snakes are a pain but the matchup is reasonable in most cases

What Snakes in particular do/did you lose too?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
One thing i noticed from YoshQ's video about Luigi vs Snake, is if you do cyclone and retreat with it snake will try to punish it with DACUS. So make sure you rise with it a little so you do not get hit.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Luigi snake isnt bad at all, obviously not luigis favor but its a very doable matchup.

This matchup does test your patience though.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
How in the world did you win games with luigi without realizing that? Thats like, half his game.

Upb kills mario at 50, scale for weight (and ivysaur lol). Fsmash up kills at 85, scale again.

Without these simple facts, luigi is ****ing terrible.
This is Jdietz43 replying on my friends account for the moment.

I blame my ignorance on my training parnter being a D3 main. I... I just never knew...

*hangs head in shame*

D3 iz fat.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I just lose to pretty much every snake in washington, even people who don't main him and just play him for lulz. I think a big part of it is that I get incredibly frustrated at brawl whenever I play against Snake simply because of how ******** his moves are, I mean Sakurai wasn't even fricking trying, ughhh.

Wolf does really good against Snake actually... Reflector and laser help against snakes super gay campiness, and bair has some nice range to deal with his gayness as well.

And Yoshq was that match online or did you really get ally to play you IRL?

Top Bottom