• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MAGFest Results Thread, (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl)

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Why is everybody so mad for...? Seeing how I don't place high in tourneys at all I can't really say much for the serious part. My goal is just to have fun and people somehow still know who I am so I must not be THAT bad. I don't post much on the forums because of the flame wars, because it brings out the worst in players. None of you act this mean IRL don't pretend now. **** melee now dude I lost like all of my skill in that game.
don't worry :) you're cool anyway, you should play Boss more lol im sure he always want to hang out w/ marios player like you :)

Oath.

Smash Ace
if people say brawl is a horrible game? why play i personally think its a amazing creation even if it is unbalanced its still FUN, Seb(johnswayup) if you dont like the game or want to talk down upon it sir. dont play it.. simple...

HeaT is the man... that is all

thumbswayup

Smash Master
if people say brawl is a horrible game? why play i personally think its a amazing creation even if it is unbalanced its still FUN, Seb(johnswayup) if you dont like the game or want to talk down upon it sir. dont play it.. simple...

HeaT is the man... that is all
I don't play it anymore. I officially quit like a month ago. The funny thing is that I'd still **** you in it LOL

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm only arrogant to noobs who call me Johnswayup, which is hilarious because you can't call me that anymore since I stopped playing Brawl. No Brawl = No Johns from me rofl.

Play me in Melee son, I always have a good time even when I'm getting *****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
NO KADAJ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bring it back! I know you have it in you. Play Melee on the side just for fun if you have to, but still PLAY it at least. I know you miss it, everyone does.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
The fact that there's still this Brawl vs Melee mindset is disappointing. I'd expected better out of the Smash community. It's getting almost as bad as those dudes who argue Street Fighter III: Second Impact against Third Strike.

"Quitting" one to play the other... Honestly, now. You'd think we were on a god**** playground.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and on topic, I got demolished by Korn at Brawl. I held my own for a good couple of minutes, though. Not bad for my first tourney entry. :p

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Brawl and Melee are more different than 3rd strike and 2nd impact. That is all.

...okay, maybe it's not all. I'm angry at myself for missing Melee singles due to oversleeping - god**** Guilty Gear players keeping me up to, like... 5 in the morning before Melee tourney. I can't believe me & random scrubby con-goer ended up in 5th... I should have beaten those scrubs in that 3-stock deficit 2v1, when I had over 150%. Can't believe I screwed up that Ken combo and got hit by a random nair at over 200% >_< If Brum had been there with me, we would have given Korn's team a run for their money, I hope ^_^ I didn't talk to many people at Magfest, and I'm bad with names anyway, but I guess I'll try shoutouts? I think I only met a couple people who would be here...

Um... I think it was Sypher and Shinku I was playing in friendlies? The Jiggs that was winning everything despite the controller johns? Good stuff, guys, thanks for sticking around for awhile and playing friendlies with me so I could break in the new controller - it's saddeningly difficult to find any decent players in the area. Jiggs... is not my main, as you can probably tell if you watched me in teams as Marth ^_^ Too bad that Kirbstir had to show up for this - I could have used a decent teammate <_<.

Actually... was that everyone? 2 people? Why am I so anti-social at Smash events? Everyone's so awesome at these things... if you ever see a long-haired Marth player at one of these, just strike up a conversation with me, since I apparently can't be trusted to do it myself ^_^ I guess there was that one guy who said he used to be in Team Arlington, whose name I can't remember, but said he quit smash awhile ago... I didn't see you at teams! How are we supposed to be team Scrubby Falcons if you're not even there?

Oath.

Smash Ace
I don't play it anymore. I officially quit like a month ago. The funny thing is that I'd still **** you in it LOL
lmao that may be true but when i lose in brawl i dont go complain and say play me in melee( not sure if you do, you just seem like that type of person..). and Besides i here your not even that good at melee if i still had my tech still id beat you in it hmph :)
About brawl - if you continuned to play we would see about that "****"

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
If people who lose in Brawl say "See me in Melee" then if I lose in Smash in general can I say "See me in Capcom fighters"?

Somewhere down the line, you have to stop with the "Well I'd beat you in this game" etc. I don't pull out the " I don't play this ****, I'm good at Capcom" unless I'm joking, just like Oath would beat everyone here at Stepmania/DDR, and alot of people at DOTA.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lmao that may be true but when i lose in brawl i dont go complain and say play me in melee( not sure if you do, you just seem like that type of person..). and Besides i here your not even that good at melee if i still had my tech still id beat you in it hmph :)
About brawl - if you continuned to play we would see about that "****"
Actually, I don't say that at all LOL I only lose in Brawl to ***gots who camp or counterpick Norfair (or the pros, and Boss' Luigi :mad:). If it weren't for camping and playing gay being the dominant and most effective strategy, I'd win a hell of a lot more. I could easily beat anyone by camping, but I don't because there's no honor in that. Plus it's boring as balls. And I don't even really care if I lose in Brawl anymore lol. I sure as hell won't lose to you in either game though. Compared to Boss, Korn, and CK I'm not that good in Melee, but playing you would be a waste of my time. "If I still had my tech skill"?? sounds like you're the new Johnswayup lmao

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
If I could beat everyone by camping I'd do it, there's no "honor" in any fighting game, it's every Metaknight, Yun, Sagat, and Jun the Swan for themselves :)

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm only arrogant to noobs who call me Johnswayup, which is hilarious because you can't call me that anymore since I stopped playing Brawl. No Brawl = No Johns from me rofl.

Play me in Melee son, I always have a good time even when I'm getting *****.
Remember that time I 3 stocked your fox vs my Link......

You = "It was 5am in the morning wah wah wah"

LMAO

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Remember the time I three stocked you in Brawl? ROFL or the last time we played Melee and I four stocked you with Falcon LMAO
Remember that time I counterpicked Norfair and you *****ed about it on the boards for like a week and then you brought it up again like 8 posts ago?

Yeah that was fun ^_^

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I'm sure many have valid arguments against what R4ZE has said, but let's keep this thread from degenerating too much. ¬_¬

When Korn said "serious", he didn't really mean what you're thinking of. He meant that he felt uneasy when Feega got so angry and intense over friendlies. Korn is nothing like Feega. Feega refuses to use advanced techniques, plays intensely in friendlies, and rages when he loses. Korn is just the opposite. Any of the insults I've heard from him are playful at worst.

None of us in MD/VA knew of the whole "best in Florida" joke, so we thought you were just being cocky. We didn't know of the inside joke. :ohwell:

Korn's English isn't so great, so you might have misunderstood him. Don't get so pissed at him. :ohwell:

Pretty much.
I already said, i never claimed to be tghe best sonic. other people were saying that about me, and i was like "guys srsly, im not"

so how the **** is that me bing cocky?

and im not good at brawl, thats why i placed ninth in a non paid tourney, but grats kornn becuzz i never claimed to be good at brawl. but i dont see why u have to tell me im bad when i already know i am.

any way w/e kornn like i said, i dont know u. game.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why R4ZE hates Korn so much. :ohwell:

To R4ZE: Most of us probably didn't hear you deny being the best or maybe we only saw the one time you played along and might not have picked up on the sarcasm. I'm pretty sure it was a huge misunderstanding that you're blowing out of proportion by badmouthing a respected member of the community.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Can we all agree we had mad fun at the place? Let's keep this topic open until that guy uploads the vids.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Bumping commence.

I really want those vids up. Hopefully a Melee vid of mine was recorded because I really don't give a rat's *** about my Brawl videos.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wait... JCaesar, u said Norfair was a bad rob stage...
It's a terrible ROB stage, but it shuts down Diddy's banana game completely and Diddy without bananas is like Popo without Nana, worthless.

Play smart, not hard.

Top Bottom