• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The main problem with this game?

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Why is crouch cancelling so viable of an option in this? I understand that there are characters that were heavier than melee's, but crouch cancelling in this is a little overboard. I dont think it was this easy in melee, even for the characters that were almost direct ports (I main sheik and she can do it to higher percents too). I dont think its just me, I've talked to some high level players and they all agreed. Is this a bug thats being addressed, or is it just something I should learn to get used to?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do you have specific examples of character/move combinations (that haven't changed) where Crouch Canceling can be observed to be more effective than Melee?

Last edited:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you're going to complain about something you could at least provide evidence to make it easier for others to understand and reply with whatever info faster.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I think the viability of crouch canceling was a result of the pmbr useing it as a way to help balance certain characters out

Oracle

Smash Master
CCing isn't any more viable than it is in melee. you don't see it as often in melee because the game is understood well enough to where ccing is barely an option at higher levels, whereas this game is newer, so what you can and can't beat ccing with is generally less understood

D

Deleted member

Do you have specific examples of character/move combinations (that haven't changed) where Crouch Canceling can be observed to be more effective than Melee?
Actually, I think it's less viable since grab games have improved across the cast at large.

ss118

Smash Master
You can CC during the lag of moves in this game but not melee. IE, if marth wiffed an famsh in melee you could DI downwards afterwards but not actually CC. In this game you can full blown CC.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^Do you have evidence to support your claim? A video of the same interaction with different results perhaps?

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
You can CC during the lag of moves in this game but not melee. IE, if marth wiffed an famsh in melee you could DI downwards afterwards but not actually CC. In this game you can full blown CC.
...no? that just isn't true lol. you can do the same asdi down hit the floor reduce lag thing that you can do in melee, but you can't just cc. gimr explained it in some fb post a few days ago

Top Bottom