• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe The Mario IDEAS Thread

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Has there ever been something about Mario himself, or a game mechanic you've really wanted to see? Or maybe you saw it once, and wished it would be brought back?

This is just a small thread for the ideas that you think would make Mario games even more unique than they are.

Personally -- I'd love to see Mario do more outfit changes, just for fun. I enjoyed that in Super Mario Sunshine. It was completely optional and a really fun addition to the game.

UberMario

Smash Master
I've always wanted to see a revival of the shooting genre Mario had for a whopping . . . . one game.

He could use the super scope as a "machine gun" to take out armies of koopas and goombas and hop in his Sky Pop to shoot down Bowser's airship force.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Let's name the Mario sports games:

-Tennis
-Soccer
-Baseball
-Basketball
-Hockey (as mini-games in the Mario Parties)
-Snowboarding (cameo in SSX on Tour for GCN)

All that's missing is football. :V

D

Deleted member

I'd love for Mario to make the first true 4-D game. Who's with me?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
A Mario platformer that makes Waluigi a villain or a main character or Daisy a main character. Those two really need to be in a game and not be a filler character, mostly Waluigi. )=

§leepy God

Smash Master
That would mean that the US has to make a Mario Football game since mostly other countries call Soccer Football, (Mario Strikers Charged Football). So it's either American Football or Rugby.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well they don't call Mario Strikers "Mario Soccer" for good reason. They could come up with an alternate word for "Football". Mario Chargers could work, but with Mario Strikers Charged, that's not going to happen.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Moar orchestrated music.

Seriously, Gusty Gardens theme almost makes you wanna cry.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Moar orchestrated music.

Seriously, Gusty Gardens theme almost makes you wanna cry.
Oh yes, this x 1 million. I could say this for most Nintendo franchises though. Or at least just more actual instruments for the most part

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh yes, this x 1 million. I could say this for most Nintendo franchises though. Or at least just more actual instruments for the most part
Agreed on the music bit.

I also wish they'd give more of their songs lyrics too, like the MOTHER series did. It was such a fun idea.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can't remember the Super Mario Galaxy music well. It was well done, just not very memorable in my opinion.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'd love to see a VERY improved version of Mario's Time Machine and Mario is Missing, the stories and plot were pretty interesting (and some of the remixes were good), but being made by a 3rd Party that was new to the business had it's . . . . . limitations when it came to the craftwork.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I liked the idea of Waluigi being the main villain and Daisy being in as well. Those 2 need more development in a game :o

I also think Birdo should be shown more.

They just need another Mario game that explains these characters that need more of the limelight.

Tacel

Smash Lord
They should make a new old school sidescroller Mario game with SNES graphics.
I find those my favorite types.

I also love the games that there's a main world that goes off into other ones. (Ex. Super Mario 64 [Peaches Castle], Banjo-Kazooie [Grunty's Lair])

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If there's another Mario Party, Mii's should be able to play on normal boards like the normal characters. Mii-specific games weren't enough.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Mario should have a game with more inter-connection between his spinoff buddies.

Such as Yoshi, Dk and Wario, without them being just cameos or the like, I mean Mario in a Warioland stage....DK in Yoshi's island, Wario in jungle japes, etc, etc

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Mario should have a game with more inter-connection between his spinoff buddies.

Such as Yoshi, Dk and Wario, without them being just cameos or the like, I mean Mario in a Warioland stage....DK in Yoshi's island, Wario in jungle japes, etc, etc
I agree with Donkey Kong having more important roles, or any role for that matter XD.
I know he has his own series and stuff, but he hasnt' had a huge role in a while now, and it's not like he wouldn't fit in Mario games.

Other than that I'd love to see a traditional Mario game done in the design of Dusty Dune Galaxy.
See 1:15 to like 3:00 on this video=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7hhxIeZn_k

(The 2D area to be precise.)

Top Bottom