• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario vs Sheik MU

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Counterpicking Mario is literally the only reason why I use Sheik so please give any little piece of information on the MU and some general Sheik n00b advice

D

Deleted member

mario might be sheik's only clearly disadvantaged MU

/thread

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
mario might be sheik's only clearly disadvantaged MU

/thread
wut. So you are telling me that even though she can neutralize fireballs, outrange him, combo him easier than most, and edgeguard him like a champ, it's still bad? Please explain. I hope you change your mind because I am getting really tired of searching for Mario counter picks that I like.

D

Deleted member

mario has a slightly worse neutral, but gains a much, much better punishment game, bypasses sheik's edge guarding, and trades favorably with her all day.

mario has no counterpicks, no weaknesses, and no real exploits. the only saving grace to mario is that he's getting the nerfbat in the next version.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
mario has a slightly worse neutral, but gains a much, much better punishment game, bypasses sheik's edge guarding, and trades favorably with her all day.

mario has no counterpicks, no weaknesses, and no real exploits. the only saving grace to mario is that he's getting the nerfbat in the next version.
welp not even marth or mewtwo?

D

Deleted member

idk **** about mewtwo but marth is garbage vs mario

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo edgeguards mario for days, and has the matchup in M2's favor. M2 also has an easier time approaching which helps. (Source: Too many Frozen vs Gallo matches, and talking to both of them) Marth doesn't do as well because fireballs. I would agree that the Mario matchup is in Mario's favor, but with 3.5 changes it should go to 50:50

Top Bottom