• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the marth matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Ok, so i was looking through Ness's matchup chart, and i couldn't help but notice that his MU with Marth is listed as a 60:40.

come on guys! this matchup is in no way a 60:40. i mean sure, Marth has an across the stage CG on Ness but come on, DK has a standing infinite on Ness, and he's only a 55:45!

Ness can do so much better in that MU, just space fairs away from him and punish all his grab attempts. easy win. please correct your matchup ratio.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
marth has more than you think if the marth plays uber defensively.....

it should actually be worse...

we are outranged in nearly any way and can't do much if forced to attack. my friend destroyed my ness with him being campy with marth.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I'm surprised it's even 6-4. I thought it was 7-3. (is an early smash player and has failed to adapt)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Joke topic or not, I'm going to explain. 70:30, Marth with the death grab (and in Melee), but 60:40 without it. Ness got buffed and Marth got slightly nerfed. Though DK has a standing infinite on Ness, there are some things that DK lacks that Marth doesn't. That's speed and priority over Ness.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
but ness has teh sprakles!

serious post: yeah Ness got buffed, but not enough. be realistic, he's got more than one 70:30 MU. what is it with low tier players thinking their character is amazing? there is a reason they are low tier.

@PKnintendo: even if you are an early smash player, you've got more sense than whoever it is that determined that MU ratio. its not just Marth that has a 70:30 on Ness, i'd argue in favor of MK having a similar ratio, maybe not 70:30, but 65:35 sounds more realistic.

@Uffe: its true that DK lacks a lot of Marths tools, but the only tool he needs to get that stock is ONE GRAB. just one. that could easily be a mispaced fair, or a powershielded PK fire to get it. that one grab=Ness's stock. and its not just the infi that makes the MU in DK's favor. DK's weight, kill potential and ground game all beat Ness's. i'd say without the infi it's a 55:45, but with it, it easily changes to a 60:40.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
^ Nice. Showing you take this thread serious.

Honestly, it's easier said than done.
Marth has a much, much higher priority over Ness.

Purple

Hi guys!
From what i've been seeing, everyone who plays ness think their character is better than what it is. Generally Marth has options for everything ness has, and can kill to boot. plus grab to d-smash. guaranteed damage and spacing against ness? Pretty bad matchup if you ask me.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
From what i've been seeing, everyone who plays ness think their character is better than what it is. Generally Marth has options for everything ness has, and can kill to boot. plus grab to d-smash. guaranteed damage and spacing against ness? Pretty bad matchup if you ask me.
Be careful what you say, I could go to many other boards and probably make that same claim (is that the right thing to do, of course not).

This Match-Up is hard, it's not impossible though. We're just confident that we can find a way to work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom