• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. If I was a developer, I would never let them just stop at FE1 after making so many resources.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Hmm... I wonder if they'll keep that mount/dismount option for mounted units. Yeah, that was in the original FE3.
I sure hope so. Thats one of the old options fans were disappointed was removed with the arrival of the GBA games, and it still hasn't been re-implemented.

I'm also hoping they add in the skill system from FE4/5 and PoR/RD. Thats a great option for customizing characters. Though I'd also hope it would be better balanced than in RD - being able to mix and match skills at will there was pretty cheap, and the mastery skills may as well all have said "one hit kill" with how overpowered they were. Make it more like PoR, with more moderate mastery skills and skills you remove from characters lost, and it would be wonderful.

Zevox

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hmm... I wonder if they'll keep that mount/dismount option for mounted units. Yeah, that was in the original FE3.
I vaguely remember that whenever I first played FE3, Didn't it make it so you could only use swords when unmounted and lances only when mounted?

-Knight

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
i can't see why it wouldn't seeing as its the second remake ^^
i mean why not remake the remake
I wonder if there going to remake all the other Japan only FEs too. Like how Square Enix is remaking some of the old Final Fantasys and Dragon Quests.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I wonder if there going to remake all the other Japan only FEs too. Like how Square Enix is remaking some of the old Final Fantasys and Dragon Quests.
They are supposedly releasing all of them, translated, on the virtual console eventually. I doubt they will remake all of them, but I certainly wouldn't complain XD

I'm also hoping they add in the skill system from FE4/5 and PoR/RD. Thats a great option for customizing characters. Though I'd also hope it would be better balanced than in RD - being able to mix and match skills at will there was pretty cheap, and the mastery skills may as well all have said "one hit kill" with how overpowered they were. Make it more like PoR, with more moderate mastery skills and skills you remove from characters lost, and it would be wonderful.

Zevox
Wrath + Vantage? Vantage has a lot of skill combo ability. I hope they implement a skill system as well, but I would like to see changes from PoR as well. Limitations on what skills can be mixed and matched like you mentioned, and if that is added, adding new skills would be nice to balance it since some are useless without others.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
if they bring back the skill system i can't wait to see what kind of specialty skill Marth will get^^

Zevox

Smash Lord
They are supposedly releasing all of them, translated, on the virtual console eventually.
Really? Has that decision actually been made now? I recall a mention a while back that Nintendo was considering releasing some previously Japan-only games internationally via the VC, but nothing definite on which games or when.

Chaosblade said:
Wrath + Vantage? Vantage has a lot of skill combo ability. I hope they implement a skill system as well, but I would like to see changes from PoR as well. Limitations on what skills can be mixed and matched like you mentioned, and if that is added, adding new skills would be nice to balance it since some are useless without others.
Vantage could be made more like it was in RD though, where it doesn't always activate. New skills would be great to see too, but I wouldn't want to push our luck there.

Zevox

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Vantage could be made more like it was in RD though, where it doesn't always activate. New skills would be great to see too, but I wouldn't want to push our luck there.

Zevox
Skills? Heh, nice thinking. If Intelligent Systems plans on remaking all the Japan-Only FE games, then adding the Skill system would be excellent.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Really? Has that decision actually been made now? I recall a mention a while back that Nintendo was considering releasing some previously Japan-only games internationally via the VC, but nothing definite on which games or when.
Quite the unreliable source, I have looked but can't find anything directly from Nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Menu#Wii_Shop_Channel

Under Virtual Console. Below the list of consoles, it explains the Japan only releases and uses Fire Emblem and Mother as examples of future releases. I hope it's right, I would love to get both of those series.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
With Dec. 15th just around the corner now I expect that only the starting roster will be announced. It has been a while since they announced a character, the last one was King Dedede on Oct. 25th.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Quite the unreliable source, I have looked but can't find anything directly from Nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Menu#Wii_Shop_Channel

Under Virtual Console. Below the list of consoles, it explains the Japan only releases and uses Fire Emblem and Mother as examples of future releases. I hope it's right, I would love to get both of those series.
Unreliable source indeed. I hope it turns out to be true too, for the same reasons, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I suspect/fear they may just be using the two most well-known examples they could think of.

Zevox

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Skills were already in FE 4 and 5, actually, so its just Marth's games and Gaiden which would need to have them added. Well, and Sword of Seals, but I doubt that would be too heavily altered if it were remade. Its too recent for that.

Zevox
I know, I just meant the fact of adding it in Marth's world. If it also appears on Sword of Seals, maybe it would actually affect it a little on the positive side.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
has anyone been able to come up with a ligit. FS for Marth? i've been thinking about this one for a while and havn't really come up with any thing original

Okysho

Smash Ace
has anyone been able to come up with a ligit. FS for Marth? i've been thinking about this one for a while and havn't really come up with any thing original
Since Fire isn't really Marth's thing, I think that that option should be kept out of the question. However, overkill Final smashes are kinda overused since both Ike and Link have one. I don't really like the idea of summoning things, but that's just my opinion. Personally I think it should be some sort of overkill Final Smash since no other seems to really fit Marth's style and it seems to impractical to give him a Final Smash that engulfs the screen annihilating everyone in it's wake.

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
If marth returns in brawl his move set is probally gonna b very different, in the game didnt marth hav a lot of stabbin moves. so if he does come back i think his move would b very different.

and marths sword is the emblem of fire emblem, why wouldnt they keep him in.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Put me down as a Marth supporter. Marth, Sonic, and DeDeDe were my most wanted characters for Brawl, and only Marth is left, and after reading this thread, and fairly sure he'll be making a return.

Also, for his final smash, I thought of something. He would thrust his sword into the air (much like his Up Smash in Melee) and a burst of light would come from it, hitting the entire screen. All time would freeze except for Marth (not like Peach's where they fall asleep- they would remain in the air, in mid attack, items would stay frozen in the air) and screen would turn monochrome (or some other fancy tint). Marth would have the amount of time they are frozen to hit them- they wouldn't move, but he could inflict plenty of damage. And to keep the freeze time from being really long, maybe Marth would do 2x damage during this time, or 1.5x damage.

I don't know how this would relate to his games at all, but it just came to mind.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Put me down as a Marth supporter. Marth, Sonic, and DeDeDe were my most wanted characters for Brawl, and only Marth is left, and after reading this thread, and fairly sure he'll be making a return.

Also, for his final smash, I thought of something. He would thrust his sword into the air (much like his Up Smash in Melee) and a burst of light would come from it, hitting the entire screen. All time would freeze except for Marth (not like Peach's where they fall asleep- they would remain in the air, in mid attack, items would stay frozen in the air) and screen would turn monochrome (or some other fancy tint). Marth would have the amount of time they are frozen to hit them- they wouldn't move, but he could inflict plenty of damage. And to keep the freeze time from being really long, maybe Marth would do 2x damage during this time, or 1.5x damage.

I don't know how this would relate to his games at all, but it just came to mind.
Doesn't really seem very "Final Smashish" since all of the others we have seen with the exception of Peach are totally destructive moves that are almost guaranteed to get a kill. Maybe if they receive all of the knockback from all of the attacks he gets on them once they start moving again... but I still think FS like Fox's are better since you can easily get 2-3 kills off the single Smash Ball...

*balance please?*

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
how bout if the Fire Emblem shield appears in his hand from magical flames and then the gem on the shield and his Falchion glows with an awesome power...(telling it to defeat his you...) and since the Falchion is the Sword of Light...maybe he should shoot light magic from it (like if he did an Fsmash, a light wave with the same range and all that as his Fsmash will shoot forward and if he does an Usmash, he shoots upwards a small spike of light upwards.....

I dunno...

but I think it should incorporate the Fire Emblem...

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Well, you never know- they might even change Marth's fighting style to always having the Fire Emblem in the form of a shield.

I doubt it however, as I'm fairly sure Roy was a clone of Marth, not the other way around. In the unlikely case that Roy returns, they would probably give him a new moveset, and let Marth keep his.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Summoning isn't a far fetched final smash as everyone here seems to imply, if you played FE3, he is actually a very Dependant character.

so summoning is very fitting for Marth.
I know... I just don't like it... it makes him seem too cowardly... however unrelated it is to the actual game, I like the idea about the time stopping light. After all in the first game the falchion was reffered to as "The Sword of Light"

NukeA6

Smash Master
After playing some PS2 Naruto game, I started disliking summons and strikers in fighting games.

Another idea for a Final Smash would be a critical off of Celice (a Marth look-alike):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTyLbJaPoTM&feature=related

Just throw in some more hits and special effects and you got something. Though, it does remind me of Ike's FS. I'll just wait and see what Sakurai gives him.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
After playing some PS2 Naruto game, I started disliking summons and strikers in fighting games.

Another idea for a Final Smash would be a critical off of Celice (a Marth look-alike):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTyLbJaPoTM&feature=related

Just throw in some more hits and special effects and you got something. Though, it does remind me of Ike's FS. I'll just wait and see what Sakurai gives him.
That second one gave me an idea he could freeze the oponment and keep on flying on him with his sword glowing and then give him a super hit whith like a small chance lets say 30% to give a one hit ko or 30% to make a huge damage

Okysho

Smash Ace
I don't think it's dead, just... sunk to the bottom of the list?

Since we're kinda out of stuff to talk about here's something to munch on.

When Sakurai updates that SSBB can be played in widescreen, you know that he's getting desperate for more stuff to post. It's all becuase of the delay I think, else we'd have our unlockables. Am I wrong?

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
It does seem like they have been running out of the flashy updates which we all love but I think the reasoning behind this maybe because of E for all. We learned alot about the game from E for all that hadn't been announced at the time, such as new final smashes and the new midair dodge system. One can view the reasoning behind the stream of updates that aren't as significant as we might of hoped for because E for all was sort of a super update. Many of the updates after E for all told us things that we had learned from the expo already. I am sure that thier will be manny more updates revealing things that we have already found out. So this could explain the lack of flashy updates. This I acknowledge is just a theorey of mine and it could be completely wrong.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I think its a combination of E for All and the delay that is netting us the update drought. Sure, some of the updates we're getting have been E for All information, but theres been quite a lot of new stuff that was just dull too. The widescreen update is an obvious example - thats pretty plainly filler, since theres no chance of anyone getting excited over it.

It is interesting that as part of this drought we've gone over a month with no revealed characters, not even some obvious veterans like Captain Falcon or Luigi. I can only see two possible reasons for that: either Sakurai does indeed plan on doing a series of en masse character updates leading up to the release to boost hype, or he does not plan on revealing everything before the release after all.

Zevox

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think its a combination of E for All and the delay that is netting us the update drought. Sure, some of the updates we're getting have been E for All information, but theres been quite a lot of new stuff that was just dull too. The widescreen update is an obvious example - thats pretty plainly filler, since theres no chance of anyone getting excited over it.

It is interesting that as part of this drought we've gone over a month with no revealed characters, not even some obvious veterans like Captain Falcon or Luigi. I can only see two possible reasons for that: either Sakurai does indeed plan on doing a series of en masse character updates leading up to the release to boost hype, or he does not plan on revealing everything before the release after all.

Zevox
Evidence says we get characters next month, and supposedly we are going to see the entire starting roster.

I don't know about all of that character update patterns, with certain types of characters at certain times, it might be a big coincidence. But according to that theory, December 3rd should be a newcomer update, not because it was the original US release date, but because it is the first weekday in December.

Would be nice if it was true, we would probably get about 4 or so characters revealed next month at the least, especially since CoroCoro is supposedly giving us a roster.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i don't know if i can wait that long for a character update.....T_T
every morning i get up and hope that the days brawl update might be a character.....and its usually not

Okysho

Smash Ace
Hey any character updates are good for me! I'm starting to get really hyped up for this game! I'm going crazy! I just hope Sakurai can keep the update system together until we get close to at least the Japan release date

Hey chaosblade! What's that in your siggy and how'd you get it?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
well it seems like every 2 months chars are revealed in that month but maybe he is now changing the system and bring that super update in december it is also pretty obvius that he will do this because its kind of like a christmas present or something

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Luigi is NOT a clone. That was my point. Characers can be similar without ever being clones.

Top Bottom