• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I had a dream I played Marth in Brawl last night. Marth in Brawl confirmed.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
maybe it'd be better if we made them watch some halo 3 gameplay! ^_^ or would that be better for making them release it faster?
both...

"ok fine marth is in"

"anddd"

"and.....no more delays i swear, now turn it off"

also can you add me to the supportors list...

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I have no control over the first post... I want to know where Zevox is... he would have been a good help in shooting down hippochinfat... and he hasn'te updated the supporters in a while
:( oh well...i support marth..even if the first post doesnt have my name

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Marth :O

He was my main at one points... unfortunately no longer.

Ike looks cooler... But if he was in Brawl I would still use him.. Nostalgia :3

-Onyx

shellblade

Smash Cadet
I support Marth! Why? Cause he's awesome. You made some awesome points in the thread.So lets hope he makes it in

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I support Marth! Why? Cause he's awesome. You made some awesome points in the thread.So lets hope he makes it in
Welcome to the club, Zevox will be back when Marth is added and he realizes -he- started this thread :p

__

Aaanyway. If all the vets are getting slightly altered B moves.. what move would you guys want to be altered (Changed to a diffrent move, or the same move but done a little diffrently) I'd like to see Dancing Blades redone to be Noob Freindly.

We all know that to do a Combo in brawl, (NA) then you only have to hold the button down. but I think It should work the same for Dancing blades. but to change the attack Direction throughout the combo, you'd have to press the buttons indiviualy.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Because, y'know, physics matter in a fictional world.

Marth had the shield in his games, so he should have it in Brawl - complete with magic stones.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Because, y'know, physics matter in a fictional world.

Marth had the shield in his games, so he should have it in Brawl - complete with magic stones.
Link had a giant ball & Chain, Two Hookshots, a Lantern, afew jars, a magical rod that controlls statues, a giant top thing, and alot of other stuff. but he dosent use any of that in brawl. (He only uses one hookshot. W/E)

and "Marth has a sheild in his game so he should in brawl" isnt physics. its logic. (Im not saying good logic)

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Marth has ALWAYS had the shield, though - and he always had it out. ALWAYS. It's part of his character. It's not interchanged with anything else during his games. Always.

The shield would not only make for more attacks, but it would also assist with his Dance of Blades attack - instead of his whole body glowing, it could just be each respective stone in the shield - giving him five slashes.

Not to mention his Final Smash - would make for more possibilities; pairing the Falchion with the Fire Emblem (which, y'know, is the way the combo is supposed to work in his game - the pairing of Falchion and the Fire Emblem).

It's part of his character. His identity.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Marth has ALWAYS had the shield, though - and he always had it out. ALWAYS. It's part of his character. It's not interchanged with anything else during his games. Always.

The shield would not only make for more attacks, but it would also assist with his Dance of Blades attack - instead of his whole body glowing, it could just be each respective stone in the shield - giving him five slashes.

Not to mention his Final Smash - would make for more possibilities; pairing the Falchion with the Fire Emblem (which, y'know, is the way the combo is supposed to work in his game - the pairing of Falchion and the Fire Emblem).

It's part of his character. His identity.
Uhhuh. I cant argue with you. I've never played the game... *Tags Okysho* your turn.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Marth was my main in melee, i hope he returns. add me to that list.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Uhhuh. I cant argue with you. I've never played the game... *Tags Okysho* your turn.
Back to me hm? Well I guess I can add my insight. True enough I have played at least 8 chapters of Fe3 book 1 and he DOES have the Fire Emblem which is not unequipable. However the Marth you see in Melee is from book 2 and if I recall correctly he doesn't have the Fire Emblem (because it's broken sorry for spoilers if you really care) nor the falchion (but that's more of Marth signature than the Fire Emblem itself) Personally

I also think that the Fire Emblem would slow him down and make him look more like Link (angering Marth haters even more so) Not only that but keep in mind Marth isn't being re-vamped like ganondorf is. Chances are is character design and moveset will remain the same (with some modifications, nerfs/buffs depending on what the situation calls) It's like taking away the Falchion because Marth only has it for three or Four chapters at the end of the game and is thus considered "Not part of his Character" although it very much is. Also people are much more used to Marth not using the Fire Emblem in battle because that's how he was designed in Melee (Roy was based off of Marth's moveset. a.k.a. clone [sorry Roy fans, no offense was intended, just stating a fact])

It doesn't make sense to add it in now since it will dock his speed (don't use the game as an example, you don't move the character yourself in battle) but I have to agree with your point in it's use of a final smash, however I don't think that he has to be holding it in order for it to work. Besides that (if you're speaking plotwise) the SSBM Marth (Aside from his designed based on book 2) is already innacurate because it's actually stated that to wield the Falchion you must also have the Fire Emblem and be of Anri's decent. Since Marth doesn't use the Fire Emblem in SSBM it's already proven as "not nessessary" nor "part of his character" especially since it's too similar to that of the other characters.

In the case of the final smash, it makes sense that Marth wouldn't have the Fire Emblem and then magically aquire it via smash ball. (Where does DeDeDe get those Waddle Dee's when he throws them in his side B move?) It can quite easily drop from the air, or appear in his hand when the attack activates or even when he breaks the smash ball (depending on what Sakurai wants, if the Fire Emblem is even part of Marth's final smash)

If you're going to bring up Ike then (since he doesn't have a shield) consider the size of their blades. Ike's is a large broadsword where's Marth's is a thinner, longer blade (like a rapier! It's his starting weapon)

Overall I don't think that it's nessessary for the character to have the Fire Emblem in battle. It's extra weight that's all for ya.

Okysho out!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Back to me hm? Well I guess I can add my insight. True enough I have played at least 8 chapters of Fe3 book 1 and he DOES have the Fire Emblem which is not unequipable. However the Marth you see in Melee is from book 2 and if I recall correctly he doesn't have the Fire Emblem (because it's broken sorry for spoilers if you really care) nor the falchion (but that's more of Marth signature than the Fire Emblem itself) Personally

I also think that the Fire Emblem would slow him down and make him look more like Link (angering Marth haters even more so) Not only that but keep in mind Marth isn't being re-vamped like ganondorf is. Chances are is character design and moveset will remain the same (with some modifications, nerfs/buffs depending on what the situation calls) It's like taking away the Falchion because Marth only has it for three or Four chapters at the end of the game and is thus considered "Not part of his Character" although it very much is. Also people are much more used to Marth not using the Fire Emblem in battle because that's how he was designed in Melee (Roy was based off of Marth's moveset. a.k.a. clone [sorry Roy fans, no offense was intended, just stating a fact])

It doesn't make sense to add it in now since it will dock his speed (don't use the game as an example, you don't move the character yourself in battle) but I have to agree with your point in it's use of a final smash, however I don't think that he has to be holding it in order for it to work. Besides that (if you're speaking plotwise) the SSBM Marth (Aside from his designed based on book 2) is already innacurate because it's actually stated that to wield the Falchion you must also have the Fire Emblem and be of Anri's decent. Since Marth doesn't use the Fire Emblem in SSBM it's already proven as "not nessessary" nor "part of his character" especially since it's too similar to that of the other characters.

In the case of the final smash, it makes sense that Marth wouldn't have the Fire Emblem and then magically aquire it via smash ball. (Where does DeDeDe get those Waddle Dee's when he throws them in his side B move?) It can quite easily drop from the air, or appear in his hand when the attack activates or even when he breaks the smash ball (depending on what Sakurai wants, if the Fire Emblem is even part of Marth's final smash)

If you're going to bring up Ike then (since he doesn't have a shield) consider the size of their blades. Ike's is a large broadsword where's Marth's is a thinner, longer blade (like a rapier! It's his starting weapon)

Overall I don't think that it's nessessary for the character to have the Fire Emblem in battle. It's extra weight that's all for ya.

Okysho out!
There we go.

*Insert High Five Picture & One Interwebz here*

If I were to define Marth's Sword. I'd use the term... Flachion... or.. for Gradeschoolers... Short Sword. A Rapier is normaly only jabbed with. saying as the blade is easily bent. Marth's Sword's blade is about the same size, but a bit shorter, (With a Kick A$$ Sweetspot) and sturdier.

Link dosent always have his Arrows out, yet they are a key part of his character in all LoZ games. So the FE could work the same way.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Actually, I probably did point out, but like most lords, Marth's first weapon is a rapier in Fire Emblem 1 and 3. Also Marth's sword is by no means short. He's actually got the longest range in the game (not including projectiles). I read it on one of those 3rd party nintendo sites that has an analysis of all the characters. I can't find the link for it (cuz I forget half the name... it's nintendo something or something nintendo)

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
What if his shield is just super-light? What do you know about that?

Using it SOLELY as part of his FS would be alright though, I guess. Better than not at all.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually, I probably did point out, but like most lords, Marth's first weapon is a rapier in Fire Emblem 1 and 3. Also Marth's sword is by no means short. He's actually got the longest range in the game (not including projectiles). I read it on one of those 3rd party nintendo sites that has an analysis of all the characters. I can't find the link for it (cuz I forget half the name... it's nintendo something or something nintendo)
Longest range in melee? As I remember, Roy had a longer range (in exchange for slower attacks and a poor sweet-spot... *sigh*).

Either way, they may call it a rapier, but not until Eliwood did a Fire Emblem lord actually get a rapier (I'm sorry, LOOK AT THE SWORD, that is not a rapier Roy is holding, calling a spoon a rapier does not a rapier make (hyperbole obviously)).

In all probability the sword is a side-sword, the directly ancestor of a rapier because of the way it's used, both cutting and thrusting, and it's definitely not a long-sword, too short and light.

Okysho

Smash Ace
No no no! I meant that their starting weapon is a rapier, not their smash brothers weapon. On the very first chapter of the game they don't have their legendary weapons. Their using basic swords. They are Rapiers.

to shadowbolt:
By the looks of the shield, in character mugshots and character art (even the one on the first post of this thread) it looks to me to be by no means light. Still I think it would be nice if they incorporated it someway, but just not into his character permanently. Especially since probably most of us don't want Marth to change that much... adding the Fire Emblem could add a lot of different things to the character, but also take away a lot of aspects. Same goes for Vice-versa, but we've already seen that model and are quite happy with it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah, I wouldn't want the shield stuck in his final moveset. And besides, the image of "The Fire Emblem" has been changed so many times that having one item be called "The Fire Emblem" in brawl would not be the best way to rep the series. Lehran's medallion is called "The Fire Emblem" in FE 9 & 10, The symbol used for the prince Zephiel's crowning ceremony is "The Fire Emblem" in FE7, The Dark Stone is "The Fire Emblem", in FE8, ect. With every world the fire emblem changes, so having one particular FE represent them all is not fair to the others, IMO. I still think the shield being in Marth's FS would be awesome, but I'd like to see some of the other "Fire Emblems" as well if that were to happen.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
watif the fire emblem was an item or somekind of assistrophy?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
What if his shield is just super-light? What do you know about that?

Using it SOLELY as part of his FS would be alright though, I guess. Better than not at all.
It'd still restrict movement. quite a bit.

No no no! I meant that their starting weapon is a rapier, not their smash brothers weapon. On the very first chapter of the game they don't have their legendary weapons. Their using basic swords. They are Rapiers.
Fine. Its a longsword.

Not Compared to Ragnel though >.>

Like I said, Havent Played the game. Wouldent know the starting weapon

Top Bottom