• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Marvellous Guide on Falco Lombardi - by bornfidelity.com v4.2

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I am a new falco so this helped me out alot. Thanks for your time and effort into making this guide.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
It helped me, too.
@ Char Matchups: well, what to do against a sheik?^^

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
When are you gonna update the character matchups?
I would like to see the Samus matchup plz.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Just WD backwards as soon as you come within his range. If he shields, WD forwards and grab him; if he sidesteps, WD forwards and shffl a nice little nair in his lagtime.
If he jumps towards you, you have to rely on your judgement. If he's a bad jumper, you might get an utilt in, or you could even shffl an uair. Or an upsmash, if you're feeling lucky. Or another WD backwards to see where he would land. You see, there are LOTS of options, all depending on what the opponent do. That's why playing humans is so important; so that you gain enough experience to deal with any kind of reaction to your actions.
Awesome. Thanks, this helped me a lot! :D

FlyPirate

Smash Rookie
Most helpful guide fore me yet.

I've been browsing most guides and this has informed me the most.

I've been smashing ever since n64, but never really deciding to be this serious untill a while ago.

Great guide!

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
This guide was very helpful to me. I have played Falco a little and youv'e helped me with some stuff I didn't know how to do.

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
sorry if this has been asked b4 but do all falco's atks get weaker when used more often (aerials and dash) or jsut the a atks on the ground? also is it used more often or hit more often that makes the atk weaker?

F(r)iend

Smash Rookie
I played ssb since n64 and me and my friends thought we were good. but we didn´t no anything about wavedash or l-cancel. a few days ago i saw the "advanced how to play guide" and dicided (since i´ve ever played falco) to learn falco first. (btw everything i learned i learnd from this guide, thx) i got the shl and the SHFFLed aerials but the wavedash is a pain in my ***! is it realy THAT useful? it´s so easy with samus or luigi but when i try to wavedash while edgeguarding most of the time it end with a selfdestruct.
please post tips to train the wave dash.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide. I'm still a fox, through and through, but I've been thinking about picking up Falco as an alt, so I read your guide.

Good job with all the combo ideas you've got in there and also character match-ups are a must-have in any guide :)

DamaGe

Smash Rookie
Nice guide man, it helped me alot.

A char match-up against sheik would be nice, though. .

Sky Claw Phantasy

Smash Rookie
Nice guide

Very nice guide, I really liked it. . . but. . . I think u should fix your combos. FYI its kinda hard too follow but I realized I was already using it. . . lol. Overall, very, very, nice guide. Best I've seen yet. :laugh:

A-D

Smash Journeyman
WOw Bf in die eerste post Staat ABNORMAAL veel tekst **** O_O
nemen mensen echt de tijd om dat te lezen U_U?

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
'It's startup lag is really really terrible, and I'm only going to say this once - do NOT use this an attack, EVER (never say never, right, but really, avoid using this at all costs, except maybe for an occasional mindgame).'

~BF in the guide, about firebird

what is this nonsense ;_; stair-> firebird works wonders on fastfallers! and note that pillars can be shieldgrabbed >_> too bad I couldn't come to your tourny... I would've liked it. Ah well... nice guide, and you'd probably own me in a tournament.

edit @ A_D: I read it ^_^

Yoshi Jr.

Smash Rookie
this guide really helped me to get better with Falco, one of my mains. Is it ok to print it out? I'm too lazy to go to my computer everyday and re-read the guide but I don't want to risk copyright issues.

sorry.. go ahead and delete this post

Talking Curtain

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Thanks for making this guide. It has definitely helped me improve my Falco already....I thought I was good until I looked at this thing. Now I almost believe it.
But I'm happy. Cause it means the guy who could beat me in the last tourney I was in probably wont do so this time. yay.

Sms_MissileArsenal

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys i was wondering if i could find a vid based on this since i cant really see it much in my head...
i have been working on my falco for some time now cant seem to even beat fox 9lvl as fast as with my samus... by any chance can anyone help plox?

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
1. Since when is Falco top tier anywhere? I always thought top tier was Fox Marth and Sheik
2. I think (if you haven't already) you should nclude strategies for taking on a Sheik. Sheik's have naturally almost zero lag time (especially with those **** ground moves). With this even an inexperienced Sheik can give pros some serious trouble. even with l-canceling, it takes a slightly different aproach to take on a Sheik.

JediJustin916

Smash Rookie
Props and Replies...

Wonder if anyone will read this... I guess it doesn't really matter much though.

First off this is a pretty good guide. I've been playing around like 3 years or so as Marth as my main, but then half of my friends decided to start maining Marth. It's no problem I mean my Marth will romp them all back to the bus stop but it just gets annoying when you're a skilled player and then everyone wants to duplicate your character's form; your personal method.

So I picked up Falco about... three weeks ago? Most of the best players I've matched up against play Falco really well and having a great amount of general Melee experience doesn't hurt, so it wasn't really too tough for me to pick up and play Falco... but as I played my new main (Falco =D) against my friends' Mains and Alts, I quickly realized that they all have their forms with their characters but that I was basically just making what little I knew work for the best.

After reading this guide I have a much better foundation from which to develop my Falco's game, so... great guide (look into some friendlier text formatting) and thanks for all of your input!

(And yes, you technically got my post virginity, although I used to have an account when I started playing Marth way back when, just haven't been here in ages and forgot my info, =))

JrdnS

Smash Ace
waveshining is hell. because falcos wavedash is kinda hard. the guide is great and i know im kinda late on reading it.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
1. Since when is Falco top tier anywhere? I always thought top tier was Fox Marth and Sheik
2. I think (if you haven't already) you should nclude strategies for taking on a Sheik. Sheik's have naturally almost zero lag time (especially with those **** ground moves). With this even an inexperienced Sheik can give pros some serious trouble. even with l-canceling, it takes a slightly different aproach to take on a Sheik.
No inexperience shiek can give pros "serious" trouble. Pros can combo shiek.
I eat noob shieks for breakfast

Top Bottom