• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the MD/VA Melee Tournament Finder

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
How 'bout people can just come down here and smash. That's an easier way to get good than us hosting a tournament.
I would be up for this once I get back to Virginia in mid august. I've always wanted to play in Richmond but transportation/time was always an issue. I'll see if I can stay with my friend who lives up there.

Also, what do you guys think about going to Magfest? It's a big enough event to just warrant attending for the fun of it but the melee tourney last year was decently sized. If we could get some big names to come I'm sure attendance would increase even more.

I might host a small Smashfest (I only have room for like 6 people including myself) next Saturday (July 3) if anyone from NoVa's interested.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll go.

I plan on having smashfests at my place in Richmond soon. It's right off of 395 so it's an easy drive and everything. Just gotta avoid those crazy one way streets in Richmond lol.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I already asked Vist about carpooling to No Johns since we couldn't get to the last one, but haven't heard anything yet. If anyone else is taking 95 let me know cause I'm like 10 minutes off of it. Thanksssss.

What? You're going to No Johns?
No. I'm going to Syracuse Smash 3 on July 24. I wish I could go to No Johns too. (I can offers moneys nows that I haves a $250s on Sunday, for transportation)

I though No Johns was July 17th. I was thinking of something else maybe...

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to Hope on Sunday? I'm thinking I'll probably go, so I'm wondering if anyone from MD/VA is hitting that up. Plus, I might need a teammate.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So I heard Plank is going to be hosting bi-weekly Smashfests at College Park soon?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah, any word on Plank's plans for bi-weeklies? And what about the Shell Shocked series?

Not to mention, Me/Dr. Grip/Husband might be hosting tournaments in Morgantown...

This def. needs some updating.

Laijin

Smash Hero
No clue.

Anyone from MD/VA interested in going to Tipped Off 6 in GA?
I believe Savedge, Tope and Cyrain went last time from our region. Its gonna be a pretty good regional.

So far I have interest from Thumbs and Vist

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hopefully Plank will start those early in the school year so I don't lose motivation for Pound 5 :bee:

Now that gay college is approaching I can start hosting tournaments in Radford university again (SOVA). Soon.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm getting amped for college, cause it puts me closer to MD/VA/PA tournaments lol. Too bad SoVa is so far away from there...Any chance you'll make it to MD/VA tournaments during the school year?

But if you hold any tournaments in SoVa during my breaks...I'm there.

Hopefully Plank will start those early in the school year so I don't lose motivation for Pound 5 :bee:
This too. I'm hoping to go to at least one tournament a month. That way I can clean up by the time Rom 3 and Pound 5 come around.

Edit: I know I'm not in MD/VA but it's the only region i can really associate with, lol. But I'm definitely interested in Tipped Off 6. I'll have to talk to Husband about it, tho, cause it's really far...

I'm getting amped for college, cause it puts me closer to MD/VA/PA tournaments lol. Too bad SoVa is so far away from there...Any chance you'll make it to MD/VA tournaments during the school year?

But if you hold any tournaments in SoVa during my breaks...I'm there.
Pound 5 is the only one.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Plank is holding Pound 5 biweeklies at College Park with bigger tourneys interspersed I believe ... those will be like the old Shell Shocked monthlies, and the biweeklies will probably be smaller (might even just be large smashfests)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im interested, but its not likely :(

also as far as the tournies at CP go im def still trying to do them, hopefully i can get off saturdays at my new job by the time school starts ^^

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
We will host them in your place if you can't make it Plank
Just gotta learn that Tio and have more TVs than last year (mainly have more TVs than last year)

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
wow

We can't gauge the strength of our region on a national scale if we don't include many people from our state who still are active. I agree that Tope doesn't go to MD/VA tournaments, and because of that shouldn't be high on the list.... but on the flip side, any list WITHOUT tope being at least top 2 is clearly flawed, because Tope has been attending national tournaments (and placing.... well) on the east coast, in the south, and beyond for over the past year..... and he lives in Virginia.

So the quandary arises. A list with Richmond very high isn't fair to lesser players who go to md/va tourneys, but a list without them isn't an accurate representation of the skill of our region at all.

I don't really like doing these anymore anyway (PR's, that is). Any "skill level" that is assigned by someone else is generally inaccurate anyway, the only thing that matters is "who is winning the money".

heres my power rankings. are you winning money? then chances are you are pretty good. Not winning any money? you suck, get better plz.

now im gonna go practice for like 10 hours, because thats how melee champions are made (also, how big losers at life are made)
That almost completely describes my thoughts on power rankings.... The greatness that is G-reg.....

Top Bottom