• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Why do you go so god damned out of your way to misinterpret every post I make?

it it a hobby to make posts that hold absolutely no weight?

god you're a moron. suicide is the only option kiddo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Honestly if he wasn't so good at misinterpreting my posts none of this would have happened.

If Scar Symmetry is so damn mediocre, then name bands in the same genre that AREN'T. :|

Clownbot

Smash Lord
2. None of those artists are relevant to Scar Symmetry; Why the **** did you even post?
Scar Symmetry is a melodic death metal band. Ensifereum and Elvenking are melodic death metal bands. Scar Symmetry is a progressive metal band. Blind Guardian, Epica, Kamelot, Mutiny Within, Sonata Arctica, and Tyr are progressive metal bands. Scar Symmetry is a power metal band. Alestorm, Blind Guardian, Elvenking, Kamelot, Mutiny Within, and Sonata Arctica are power metal bands.

Most of the artists Palpi listed are related to them by genre in some way or another.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, At the Gates, Children of Bodom, In Flames

then there's more modern metalcore/deathcore with a lot of the melodeath influence like Darkest Hour, Himsa and Black Dahlia Murder

Scar Symmetry isn't bad at all but I think there are a lot of better groups doing the same kind of stuff.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Scar Symmetry is a melodic death metal band. Ensifereum and Elvenking are melodic death metal bands. Scar Symmetry is a progressive metal band. Blind Guardian, Epica, Kamelot, Mutiny Within, Sonata Arctica, and Tyr are progressive metal bands. Scar Symmetry is a power metal band. Alestorm, Blind Guardian, Elvenking, Kamelot, Mutiny Within, and Sonata Arctica are power metal bands.

Most of the artists Palpi listed are related to them by genre in some way or another.
I appreciate this post. Thank you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i should have elaborated and mentioned melodic death metal bands that also feature clean vocals lmao.

i know every other band mentioned.

anyone got any melodeath reccs? I like into eternity alot.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Uh yeah, Mike Portnoy is definitely not the best member of Dream Theater.

in fact I believe he's the main reason they haven't put anything good out in like 9 years.
I know this was 3 pages ago, and this may have no substance at all, but I've heard DT wants the Porcupine Tree drummer to work with them

old news may be old :scared:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I gotta say, regardless of their image and reputation and lack of depth, I can't help liking Cannibal Corpse.

EDIT: Also, lol iris

Palpi

Smash Hero
My band might open from Sabaton and Accept, I was just curious to think what you guys thought of Sabaton or Accept. I have no strong feelings, good or bad about them both.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I never really got into either. Know a decent few who like them, so it would be awesome to open for them.

I've just got some new music to rant about.

Periphery have just released their debut. Think a cross of Meshuggah, Cynic and SikTh. Awesome stuff.

Also listening is Ihsahn's latest. Seriously worth checking out. I think this is better than his stuff with Emperor at the moment, but I'll need a few more listenings.

Also got new albums from Agalloch, High on Fire and Deathspell Omega, which I have only heard a few tracks from, but all, especially Agalloch, are sounding promising.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
I heard through the grapevine that Earth, Sigh, Gorguts, Cynic, Control Denied, & Thorns will release a new album this year.

I"M SO STOKED. :3

Any other bands that might/will release a new album this year that I should keep an eye on? Be it either Doom, Death, Black, Heavy, Stoner, Progressive, yadda yadda. I wanna make this year better than the last one. :V

GreenFox

Smash Ace

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I dont know why they dont go from their first album to last (The production gets better as the years go by on these albums) The sound of perserverance doesnt really need to be remastered but Scream bloody gore? oh my god thats horrible production

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I found 2 bands recently I like quite a bit.

Sylosis and Annihilator.

Sylosis are amazingly tight and have a great overall sound to them.

Annihilator are more hit and miss.

They have some gems, but a good few songs are poor.

They have also had an insane amount of member changes, only 1 original member remains!

Sylosis also do the best Pantera cover I have heard to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HL2eQErInA

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So I found 2 bands recently I like quite a bit.

Sylosis and Annihilator.

Sylosis are amazingly tight and have a great overall sound to them.

Annihilator are more hit and miss.

They have some gems, but a good few songs are poor.

They have also had an insane amount of member changes, only 1 original member remains!

Sylosis also do the best Pantera cover I have heard to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HL2eQErInA
Whoa, that is an awesome cover. It sounds just like the original for the first couple seconds. I normally don't think covering Pantera is a good idea. You just can't do it like them. This one is great though.

I also like BTBAM's version of Cemetery Gates. I like it just as much as the original, even though it has a different sound to it and is in a different key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ho0CApGjA&feature=fvw

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So being as I am not going to go through 56 pages, does anyone here listen to black metal at all? I kind of fell out of the whole metal thing other than black/viking. I am not elitist about it as I think all metal is cool, I just enjoy black the most.

I have been wanting to find some new stuff, the bands I really like the most so you have an idea of what I like;

Desolation Triumphalis
Wolves in the Throne Room
Windir
Taake
Make a change.. Kill yourself
Xasthur

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah I mostly listen to melodic death and black metal. Wolves in the throne room is great.
Even thought it's not really black metal, Enslaved is one of my favorite bands that's described as black/viking. Their last album was a monster.

Top Bottom