• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Made a Sakurai brawler, Nikki (SN) swordfighter (10 points to the person who can tell me why I made her a swordfighter), sample Mii brawler (the pink Mii you see when you go to scan a QR code), and a Chell gunner.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also, what do you think Reggie has as his custom set? I gave him a Mecha Suit, a Zelda wig, and his specials are 2 1 3 3.
Announcement trailer for Mii Fighters had him using Shot Put (N1), Burning Dropkick (S2), Onslaught (S1), and Helicopter Kick (U2). Since he used two Side Specials in the trailer, you could pick which one you want to use and pick whatever down special you like. I personally gave my Reggii Burning Dropkick (since it was more pronounced in the trailer) and Foot Flurry (D3) to resemble Onslaught.

Whether that is his personal set or not isn't known, but it's the one I use.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Announcement trailer for Mii Fighters had him using Shot Put (N1), Burning Dropkick (S2), Onslaught (S1), and Helicopter Kick (U2). Since he used two Side Specials in the trailer, you could pick which one you want to use and pick whatever down special you like. I personally gave my Reggii Burning Dropkick (since it was more pronounced in the trailer) and Foot Flurry (D3) to resemble Onslaught.

Whether that is his personal set or not isn't known, but it's the one I use.
Was his costume just standard costume without a hat?

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Um, a quick question: I was never a fan of the Miis being playable, but now I'm a huge fan. They truly feels good to play as, and they have a very cool moveset. (I'm disappointed that you cannot use them online, though...). Anyways, my brothers keep saying they think the 3 Miis are a bit OP, due to dem being decent fast, and generally very powerful. Does anyone know if the Miis are decent balanced, or if my brothers are right in some way?

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
Um, a quick question: I was never a fan of the Miis being playable, but now I'm a huge fan. They truly feels good to play as, and they have a very cool moveset. (I'm disappointed that you cannot use them online, though...). Anyways, my brothers keep saying they think the 3 Miis are a bit OP, due to dem being decent fast, and generally very powerful. Does anyone know if the Miis are decent balanced, or if my brothers are right in some way?
Brawler is S/S+ tier, its very powerful as it takes all the good moves of the A/B tier melee fighters and puts it on a fighter with better aerial speed than Jigglypuff and the ground speed of Speed Monado shulk. Basically taking the best of those chars all for the tradeoff of a little less range.

Gunner is B/A tier, still really good, but not with all the advantages of Brawler. It does have an original moveset though

Swordfighter is one of the worst chars. Moves are laggy and there is no reason to play them over any of the other swordfighters like Link, toon Link, Marth, Ike, robin, lucina, or Shulk who all have better range and less lag on their attacks, and/or better approaches/projectiles/speed.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I think the Miis' recoveries are absolutely terrible. I've self-destructed many times because of it. Also, one of the Swordfighter's side-Bs (which I use for my Nikki mii) leaves you helpless should you go over the edge with it and covers the length of Final Destination, making it very dangerous to use unless you're on a walkoff like Flat Zone 2 or Nintendogs.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
Mii Brawler has an amazing recovery. Highest air speed + 2 recovery moves (feint kick + upB) is awesome.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
People I know tend to think Miis are overpowered because of how they're banned in tournaments.
Brawler is definitely the best of the bunch, I don't think anyone can disagree with that. It's generally seen like Gunner follows second while Swordfighter is the worst of the three.

These fighters were added as part of the main cast, so they were obviously balanced next to the roster of Nintendo / Third-Party characters. So in that sense, they shouldn't be "overpowered". For instance, Diddy Kong is generally seen as "overpowered" but he isn't unbeatable, unlike say Meta Knght in Brawl. If somebody has knowledge on how to fight any Mii Fighter (and that goes for any character in general), they should stand a fair chance as any character. The main issue is that not many actually use Mii Fighters for serious battles, so a lot of people don't have prior knowledge / experience of how to do so when they battle against a person who is trying to master Mii Fighters. So they tend to assume they're "overpowered".

So no, unless your brothers use Mr. Game & Watch or Jigglypuff and you abuse the "One-Inch-Punch" as Mii Brawler against them, you're not "OP".

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
@ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster Were you able to get the ruleset for APEX to have 1111, 2222, & 3333 included or just 1111?

I wanna know to get ready for Apex in the case I end up going :D

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Brawler with both Thistle Jump and Glider equipment is fun to zoom around and swoop with.

I made one of my book characters, an alien warrior with flaps under her arms for gliding, have that configuration.

Greward

Smash Lord
@ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster Were you able to get the ruleset for APEX to have 1111, 2222, & 3333 included or just 1111?

I wanna know to get ready for Apex in the case I end up going :D
I read that Miis have to go 1111, Jigglymaster confirmed that in a post.
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-248

Apex's Mii ruling is a disgrace altogether. Although I'm not a Mii main, I'm ashamed that they are doing this to the Mii. Just hating him, I guess the one deciding the Smash4 ruleset doesn't like Smash4 too much.
Miis have no default moveset like other characters so as long as we play with customs OFF they should still be able to pick the special move they want, that's how things are done in Japan and Europe and I guess in most American tournaments too.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I read that Miis have to go 1111, Jigglymaster confirmed that in a post.
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-248

Apex's Mii ruling is a disgrace altogether. Although I'm not a Mii main, I'm ashamed that they are doing this to the Mii. Just hating him, I guess the one deciding the Smash4 ruleset doesn't like Smash4 too much.
Miis have no default moveset like other characters so as long as we play with customs OFF they should still be able to pick the special move they want, that's how things are done in Japan and Europe and I guess in most American tournaments too.
They do make a point about it being a slippery slope with Palutena, though, so I'm not sure what to think.

Greward

Smash Lord
Palutena does have a default moveset while Miis don't. You can't play a default Mii, you gotta create one, thus this argument is not valid.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's also note-worthy that you have to play with customizations ON to use Palutena's custom moveset. It should end right there.

Last edited:

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
So Jiggs, is 2222 a possibility or only 1111? Because Mii brawler doesn't feel the same without feint kick and helicopter kick :(.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So Jiggs, is 2222 a possibility or only 1111? Because Mii brawler doesn't feel the same without feint kick and helicopter kick :(.
Mii Brawler is only allowed to use 1111 at APEX. Any fun enjoyable good things about him are taken away, enough to the point to make me pull out of Apex completely. 1111 will never be viable.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
Mii Brawler is only allowed to use 1111 at APEX. Any fun enjoyable good things about him are taken away, enough to the point to make me pull out of Apex completely. 1111 will never be viable.
Yeah, back to captain falcon for me then til 2222 can be used in tournies. At least they wont ban or change captain falcon and he is brutal vs a lot of characters with no real bad matchups.

Sucks that tourny organizers don't educate themselves on the games they host. oh well.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Congrats to @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster for placing second in the Worldwide Sm4sh Tournament, using Mii Brawler! You only lost because it was ZeRo, I bet :p your Mii Brawler is insane, hehe.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Congrats to @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster for placing second in the Worldwide Sm4sh Tournament, using Mii Brawler! You only lost because it was ZeRo, I bet :p your Mii Brawler is insane, hehe.
He placed 2nd? Wow.
Yup, and I took Zero to game 5 in winners finals too! It was a close set! Grand-Finals was worse though he downloaded me pretty badly and 3-0'd me.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
Nice Jiggs! Were you using the 1111 set? You probably would've won no prob with the 2222 if thats the case. xD.

Though I will say the power of the Mii Fighters is that people get very little practice on that matchup since you can't use them in FG

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Nice Jiggs! Were you using the 1111 set? You probably would've won no prob with the 2222 if thats the case. xD.

Though I will say the power of the Mii Fighters is that people get very little practice on that matchup since you can't use them in FG
I think 2222 and 3333 were allowed for the mii fighters, or at least that's what I thought was the ruling was, because you'd have to be some sort of wizard to do well with 1111

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I was using 2222. I don't think the for glory argument holds out very well, maybe against lower level players but against Higher level players they don't use For Glory to practice, and even if they did look at it this way. I'm the only one who CANT practice on For Glory, so I have less time to practice than everyone else.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I was going to say "wow that man really loves the Mii Brawler" but then I noticed your name, @ Dicey Dicey xD

I love puff's work but I'm kind of sad he's the ONLY great mii brawler mainer... I wonder if the top players (for example, let's say M2K and ZeRo) ever play the Mii Brawler seriously.

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
I have not gone back and read through all these posts however I'd just like to introduce myself as an up and coming Mii brawler main, I have mine short and skinny running the 1122 loadout, and have based his appearance of Rock Lee from Naruto. I feel like Mii's will eventually be one of the most viable and evolutionary characters in Smash 4.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Loving the idea of a Rock Lee mii brawler, but don't forget that for now only guest miis are allowed in official tournaments!

(they will all eventually be allowed, I'm sure).

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Well this past weekend down in Panama I placed 5th going full Mii Brawler - 2222 loadout.

Who's going to APEX? I didn't register after I saw that they took out the fact that we could use 1111, 2222, 3333.

Here's to hoping that EVO will be different, cause me and some people from Panama are making plans to go.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
I was using 2222. I don't think the for glory argument holds out very well, maybe against lower level players but against Higher level players they don't use For Glory to practice, and even if they did look at it this way. I'm the only one who CANT practice on For Glory, so I have less time to practice than everyone else.
cool, nice to know 2222 is still allowed.

Got any videos that I can watch of you playing? Also whats your preffered hight/weight?

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
cool, nice to know 2222 is still allowed.

Got any videos that I can watch of you playing? Also whats your preffered hight/weight?
Most recent vids (from Smash 4 Worldwide)

vs Wifi-Warrior (Shiek)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0gG3QUrf8

vs Cacogen (Link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhZBbepHR2w

vs Supernatsu56 (Sonic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEbo95PY6NY

As for height/weight, i think it's irrelevant at this point since it will probably never be tournament legal for anything other than default height, which is what I only practice in now. So I can't really give you an opinion on which size is the best.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
Most recent vids (from Smash 4 Worldwide)

vs Wifi-Warrior (Shiek)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0gG3QUrf8

vs Cacogen (Link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhZBbepHR2w

vs Supernatsu56 (Sonic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEbo95PY6NY

As for height/weight, i think it's irrelevant at this point since it will probably never be tournament legal for anything other than default height, which is what I only practice in now. So I can't really give you an opinion on which size is the best.

Thanks mate. Think I have to use the default mii or can I use a custom looking one? Assuming default height/weight. Prob need to talk to tourny organizer beforehand?

Is there a way to carry a Mii along with you as you travel like on a usb stick or something?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Thanks mate. Think I have to use the default mii or can I use a custom looking one? Assuming default height/weight. Prob need to talk to tourny organizer beforehand?

Is there a way to carry a Mii along with you as you travel like on a usb stick or something?
For most cases in tournament you're going to have to use the guest mii. You can only carry a mii along with you via 3DS, then transfer it onto the game, except that takes a small amount of time and there sort of has to be a trust factor between you, your opponent, and the TO for that to work. I'm allowed to do it at my local tournaments here, but I doubt I could do it elsewhere.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
This character is the epitome of trash LOL.

:018:
okay.ness

No need to carry a Mii along with you, honestly, it's so quick to create your mii (assuming you're using the guest, obviously), it's like configuring your custom controls. One minute (probably less) and you're done.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
okay.ness

No need to carry a Mii along with you, honestly, it's so quick to create your mii (assuming you're using the guest, obviously), it's like configuring your custom controls. One minute (probably less) and you're done.

Eh, its getting a mii with a face I like, thats all. Same thing as say, choosing your falcon color, just a bit more detailed. ( I personally like the blue one after the gold one, or the gold one. The blue one though is kinda troll-y, like swimshorts shulk.)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I completely understand that, believe me (part of the appeal of miis, for me, is playing as, well, myself). I guess it depends on what tournaments you attend.

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
I completely understand that, believe me (part of the appeal of miis, for me, is playing as, well, myself). I guess it depends on what tournaments you attend.
I believe ya and I understand the trust issue. Might be a year before miis of all shapes and sizes are allowed over here in the US/UK areas. Japan has had more time to adapt.

Shame we can't use the 1122 skillset yet. Having a usable sideB would be nice for once, lol.

Top Bottom