• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well, MM does not come before WW, but rather after the real ending to Ocarina of Time, where Ganon has been defeated and Link transported out of it (hence, never coming back) to his childhood. The Ganondorf in WW is the same Ganondorf from OoT, because even though you defeat him in his beast form, he is then seen in his Gerudo form suspended in the Sacred Realm, cursing Zelda and the sages.

It is from the Sacred Realm that he supposedly escapes and ravages Hyrule again (as seen in the intro to WW), but because Link has "left" Hyrule, not for Termina, but for his own time seven years before, he simply cannot return to save Hyrule, and hence, it is flooded by the Goddesses.
I think you just did something substantial to the Zelda timeline.

Spire

III
BRoomer
NVM, I misread his post.

i thought he said Link left for Termina, which is why there wasn't anyone to stop Ganondorf.
Well up until Twilight Princess came out, that's what everyone thought. It made perfect sense. Even in my first time playing the game, back in 2003 did I make that connection, and I had no real sense of a timeline at all! Ahhh... it was in that time of ignorance did I distinctly see the individual Zelda games as simply individual games, without the type of connection they have now.

All in all, TP really screwed everything up.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So are you saying the kid timeline stops after OoT?
We've all explained the timeline to you a million times and all you can [and ever have] responded with are one-liners that reveal that your level of comprehension just might equal zero. Come on man, you can do better than that ;)

Anyways, to answer your question, the Child Timeline ends after Twilight Princess. Look at the pictorial timeline in the OP. It explains that after Link was sent back to being a child at the end of Ocarina of Time, he then ventured off to Termina in the events of Majora's Mask, which a century [or so] later, led into TP.

comboking

Smash Master
Sorry but I used to be to busy to pay much attention.
Even though school is out I have drivers ed. I also just got back from camping.
Happy Memorial day!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I didn't mean it like that, Spire. I'm well aware of the seperation of the two timelines, and even the billions of the timelines created by Majora's Mask (Though I don't understand why the song of time can take you back in time in Termina but in Hyrule it just moves blue rocks. Or, for that matter, why I have to be taught Epona's Song in Majora's Mask... though I suppose it could be parallel universe Epona who Link wouldn't have met yet, meaning that skull kid probably killed Epona, and possible that there is the existence of a Termina Link... ANNNYYYWAAYYY)

What I meant is that Majora's Mask covers the "gap" between Ganondorf's in the MM/TP timeline, but on the OoT>WW timeline, you go straight from ganondorf to ganondorf, meaning there could be a new unreleased game that takes place at this point. (Though I just seemed to have realised, Outset Link was the first Link to be born after OoT Link, so, nevermind. lulz.)

Oh well. Back to Majora's Mask. Snowpeak Temple, here I come!!

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that in MM, when you learn the songs, it says "You remembered the Song of Time" and etc. for the ones you knew in OoT. You just had to relearn them cause that's how games are. It wouldn't be fair to people who didn't play OoT for you to have to know a song from it without being taught.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that in MM, when you learn the songs, it says "You remembered the Song of Time" and etc. for the ones you knew in OoT. You just had to relearn them cause that's how games are. It wouldn't be fair to people who didn't play OoT for you to have to know a song from it without being taught.
Yeah. I figured.

Not to sound ignorant, but I've never heard of someone that played MM before or without playing OoT

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I figured.

Not to sound ignorant, but I've never heard of someone that played MM before or without playing OoT
Most of the people who played MM likely have played OoT first since it came out first. Since they both are part of a series that is well known to a lot of gamers.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah. I figured.

Well, yeah, that's definitely true. But I think they'd think it would be bad design to assume knowledge of a game in another game without playing the first game, at least in terms of gameplay. Of course, fans of the series would know and follow it and play them in the right order, but it's not too hard to imagine a plausible scenarios for someone to have played MM first.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You must keep in mind, however, that the goal of MM was too try and overcome OoT. Aonuma and his team were given complete creative control of the game.

What they made is arguably the only game to have topped OoT.

Of course, it still doesn't make it any less weird for somebody who didn't play OoT before MM. However, a coherent storyline for those new to the franchise was the last thing on Aonuma's mind.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love how inferior Zora's River from OoT is to the Beaver's River in MM.

And yes Skyler, I came to the consensus with my various friends who are playing MM too that it is the only game to have topped OoT thus far, and does so in every way. It's the best Zelda game of all time.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
MM is really fun. I like the large number of side quests but wishes for a more flexible save system. W/E

Anju and Kafei's story is very epic and I never thought I would HAVE to stay out 2 hours before the Final Day is over.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Anju and Kafei are epic indeed. I'd say the best side quest in any Zelda game to date, but that might be rash of me. But I really liked their story a lot. Also, I liked their increased role in the manga version of MM. The MM manga was probably my favorite of the ones I've read so far.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
The darkness of the game gave me the willies... Skull Kid was gonna DESTROY THE WORLD dammit. And not even Bruce Willis could have stopped it. Best game ever IMO.

Spire

III
BRoomer
To: Sephiroths Masamune

can someone explain the split time line theory to me?
Ocarina of Time ends in two ways.

The first way is when Link defeats Ganon, sealing him away in the Sacred Realm. Zelda then sends Link back to his own time as a kid, so this leaves Hyrule damaged, but without both Link and Ganon, so it can begin to rebuild itself. This leads into WW, etc.

The second is [as said above] when Link is sent back to being a kid. This exists in a Hyrule that has yet to be corrupted by Ganon, which leads into MM, and much later on, TP.

Now, why they split? When Link travels between time throughout the game, he's traveling between two very specific moments, when he places and takes the Master Sword from its pedestal. He continually changes Hyrule in both pre and post-Ganon'd Hyrules, so these "specific moments" will happen in Hyrules that are constantly changed, and remember, whatever he does as a child will effect what he does as an adult. However, because Zelda is presumably the Sage of Time, and hence, sends Link back to his own time, she is able to send him back to any moment in particular, and the one she does is placed before she and Link ever met, so all that had really happened is that the Great Deku Tree died, which is why it's dead in both WW and TP, in the forms of Forest Haven and the Forest Temple respectively.

I hope that helped :)

Man, I've probably typed that all out a million times before, but I'll never pass up a chance to educate those who aren't aware of the Split Timeline Fact. Remember, it is not a theory, as Aonuma has officially confirmed it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
After playing MM I recalled someone saying that Gerudo did not appear in PH.

I believe Jolene, the pirate girl, is a Gerudo in some form. The pirates in MM were Gerudo women and some of them looked a lot like Jolene and her mermaid sister.

My bad if this is already established.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Cammie Dunaway comes out to finally announce what the Zelda team has been working on.
Right from the start I notice something's off because she has a sweatsuit and headband on. They have the triforce, but why would she wear that?
She asks everyone if they're ready to "Train like a hero!". No one claps. The place goes dark. Roll trailer.
Link is riding towards us on Epona. Again, something's not right. He's also wearing the sweatsuit and headband.
He arrives at the castle and immediately it cuts to him doing jumping jacks with Zelda with a side-by-side screen showing a 40 year old doing them in his living room.
This continues with pushups with the Kakariko builders, hay bale throwing with Malon, and "rock crushing crunches" with Big Goron.
Trailer ends. Silence. A few chuckles. With the most excited and annoying voice ever, she exclaims "Finally! A Zelda game for EVERYONE!"

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I originally thought you were going to use that as a pun for spirit tracks.

Oh god...if spirit track is mentioned at e3 in a stupid way like that I will kill myself D:
Miyamoto came out with a plastic sword and shield when they announced TP. Face it, Nintendo aren't cool :p

binki4

Smash Apprentice
are you ready for your excitement ? because tomorrow is nintendo conference at e3 so zelda fans get your hopes on because it about to blast when the zelda wii game is revealed

comboking

Smash Master
I can't wait I am so wanting this.
this is just a nerve racking as waiting for SSBB.

No, Nintendo is cool because of that. Being able to do that on TV/in public is cool.

skyler is right

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
are you ready for your excitement ? because tomorrow is nintendo conference at e3 so zelda fans get your hopes on because it about to blast when the zelda wii game is revealed
I can tell we all got chills. Is the window open or something?

<_<
>_>

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
All the rumors is that it's a mario game, not a zelda one. Though a zelda game would be pretty awesome

Spire

III
BRoomer
All the rumors is that it's a mario game, not a zelda one. Though a zelda game would be pretty awesome
There are some surprises that Microsoft let out, and some they held in. I'm sure Nintendo would do the same. They know people care more about Zelda than Mario.

For the record, I don't care if I'm proven wrong tomorrow, I just love getting hyped about Zelda. A let down will be devastating, but Zelda's absence pretty much warrants a flurry of decent "others" -- or so we can hope.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hasn't the Mario game been confirmed by some Japanese economics magazine already? I thought that the Mario game wasn't really a rumor anymore.

@Spire: Haha, no. People care much more about Mario than Zelda.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I refuse to let my hopes be raised for this. The let-down would be pretty bad, and while it would be amazing to get another Zelda game, I just don't want to get my hopes up. I'll be watching, though. I wanna see the new Mario that's probably there, and whatever else they throw out there.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Guys I can't announce my source for obvious reasons but tomorrow Nintendo is going to announce a remake of OoT but instead of starring Link it's going to star Pit from Kid Icarus. The game is going to come out the same day as the FFVII HD remake.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Guys I can't announce my source for obvious reasons but tomorrow Nintendo is going to announce a remake of OoT but instead of starring Link it's going to star Pit from Kid Icarus. The game is going to come out the same day as the FFVII HD remake.
I don't think they're going to do that for a while. You know why? Cause... You're not ready yet!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'll be laughing in your face when it's announced tomorrow.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'll be laughing in your face when it's announced tomorrow.
:mad:

This is how it will go down tomorrow

Cammie Dunaway comes out to finally announce what the Zelda team has been working on.
Right from the start I notice something's off because she has a sweatsuit and headband on. They have the triforce, but why would she wear that?
She asks everyone if they're ready to "Train like a hero!". No one claps. The place goes dark. Roll trailer.
Link is riding towards us on Epona. Again, something's not right. He's also wearing the sweatsuit and headband.
He arrives at the castle and immediately it cuts to him doing jumping jacks with Zelda with a side-by-side screen showing a 40 year old doing them in his living room.
This continues with pushups with the Kakariko builders, hay bale throwing with Malon, and "rock crushing crunches" with Big Goron.
Trailer ends. Silence. A few chuckles. With the most excited and annoying voice ever, she exclaims "Finally! A Zelda game for EVERYONE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom