• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Well for the record, the Gorons could not have gone extinct in Hyrule? Two reasons:
a) we see Goron merchants in WW.
b) as proven in TP, Gorons can actually live underwater.

perhaps the gorons were hiding underwater? and the merchants in WW are the first to venture up?

Spire

III
BRoomer
perhaps the gorons were hiding underwater? and the merchants in WW are the first to venture up?
Whoa, I put a question mark in there? Total accident. No, the two points I made prove that the Hyrule Gorons did not go extinct. Most stayed underwater because they could and a few made it to the top of the ocean.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Whoa, I put a question mark in there? Total accident. No, the two points I made prove that the Hyrule Gorons did not go extinct. Most stayed underwater because they could and a few made it to the top of the ocean.
really? I thought i was just making stuff up..

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
HD Wind Waker looks great, and the gorons surviving theory makes sense.

Zoras evolved into Ritos, right? I think I remember that the Wind Temple Zora ghost mentioned her descendant being the new sage, and since Medli (if that's her name) was the new sage and a Rito...

I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed before, but I just wanted to make sure. :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Aren't featheres like the most difficult things to explain in evolutionary terms?
Feathers are adapted scales. The Zora are scaled beings, and while in natural evolutionary terms, fish » amphibian » reptile » bird. Perhaps between OoT and TWW, the Zora evolved quickly through amphibious and reptilian stages to get to the Rito. Who knows?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I always figured that the goddesses induced the transformation so that the Zoras wouldn't be swimming around and find Hyrule. Of course, if that's the case, I doubt the Gorons are living underwater. Who knows.

Although....we do have three spirits: Jabun, Valoo, and the Great Deku Tree. Generally the dragons are associated with Gorons (although Gorons have never actually had a patron saint) and Jabu Jabu with the Zoras. Maybe Valoo and Jabun traded their guarded races, and the Gorons are underwater somewhere. We do see one of the Goron traders on the island where Jabun was supposed to be. So if this is the case, either:

A) The goddesses (maybe even Valoo) induced the transformation for some unknown reason. If it was Valoo, it may have been that Jabun and Valoo decided to trade simply because they felt like it, or because they felt like the Gorons would not welcome a dragon, or because it would be easier to let the Gorons remain underwater (because they're more stubborn? I dunno. I don't like this last reason).

B) The Rito evolved from the Zora without any supernatural help. I find this unlikely because it's somewhat fast (I doubt there were hundreds of thousands of years between OoT and WW), and simply because evolution has never made sense to me (I mean, I understand the workings of it, but all of the probabilities involved and insane leaps of, dare I say it, faith involved make it a ridiculous theory. Granted, I can easily set it aside for fictional purposes, but why would the Zora evolve against odds when there are tons of deities laying around?).

Okay, so there's some bias in what I'm saying obviously, but I prefer the intervention idea much more.

On another note,this. If I was any good with editing (okay, if I had any editing software to even try), I'd do this but with WW. Also, that video is why VLV is so cool in my mind, aside from the historical references and meanings.

:034:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
God ****it man. Every single thread in here turns into some ridiculous bunch of theories that will never be confirmed or debunked.
I think this is part of the reason why Zelda theorizing is boring to me now. It's everywhere on the internet. I've heard every remotely possible theory by now, and I'd really just like to start discussing what we actually have.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
How do you (the boards) suggest we fix it then? I agree that it's a problem, but it's a somewhat difficult problem to address considering how disjointed many of the games are. If we had a better idea of how they connected, many facts would suddenly become relevant or irrelevant to a topic and it would be easier to stick to the facts. I know I've done "half-theory" here before, so I'm not saying I'm exempt from this statement.

:034:

X1-12

Smash Champion
perhaps anew definately non-theory based discussion?

which is darker MM or TP?
favourite sidequest?

or perhaps just an 'Ask about Zelda' thread..

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
This is a social thread. Anyone keeping up with the NBA?
I wish I had cable to watch it, but I follow online. My four favorite teams made the semis (Cavs, Suns, Spurs, and my hometown Jazz).

Looks bleak for the Jazz, so I'm gonna be rootin for the Suns and Cavs.

Awesome! That reminds me of Wizpig from DKR.
Awesome trophy. Reminds me of an old 80's or 90's cartoon villian.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I got the entire idea from this video which admittedly i haven't watched since I haven't actually gotten round to finishing TP and don't want any spoilers..
Lol, I saw that video too like 2 days ago. The narrator guy isn't too convincing and doesn't really back up all his statements, but, in his defense, it was a 11 min video that he did off the top of his head.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zv5OIvwqkvM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zv5OIvwqkvM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I hereby declare that this is the LoZ board's theme song.

And on a Zelda related-ish note, anybody else here picking up 3D Dot Game Heroes?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Holy mackerel. I'm starstruck. Joeadok, you made that? And I'm assuming the Mewtwo in your avatar also? Would you mind doing more art for us? If I could request:
- Vaati
- Veran
- Onox
- Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask
- Majora's Wrath

Mewter

Smash Master
Wizpig was a jerk. I kept thinking you had to be kicked by his feet and get a boost in order to win. Almost beat him once by doing that, but I got squashed about two laps in. :(

I play Brawl. :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
IIRC, the first race with Wizpig is impossible if you don't drive over every single boost on the track. The second race is a bit easier though.

And man, talk about a massive load of content. Diddy Kong Racing has so much.

Spire

III
BRoomer
IIRC, the first race with Wizpig is impossible if you don't drive over every single boost on the track. The second race is a bit easier though.

And man, talk about a massive load of content. Diddy Kong Racing has so much.
Yeah that game left Mario Kart in the dust. I miss the good ol' Rareware days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom