• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Just finished Stone Temple. I have to say, it was hard. I always have a guide up for Zelda games, but I skim through it after I finish a room, just to make sure I didn't miss anything dire. (Most of the time, I figure out 85% of a dungeon on my own. I had to use the guide constantly for this dungeon though, it really was annoying and not so easy.

All in all, I loved the side quests. Dungeons are not hard bar that one, bosses not hard, but the side quests.

Now I get to pick up my Fierce Diety Mask and own Majora, which was 30% of why I wanted to play this game.

Edit: With MM done, I can either:

A) Finish Metroid Prime Trilogy (really need too)
B Twilight Princess

Can't decide actually.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So I'm about to beat LttP for the first time in at least ten years. It wasn't nearly as hard as I remember, but MAN Ganon's Tower has some of the most annoying and difficult rooms in the whole series.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I'm about to beat LttP for the first time in at least ten years. It wasn't nearly as hard as I remember, but MAN Ganon's Tower has some of the most annoying and difficult rooms in the whole series.
Honestly, I felt Gannon in ALTTP was the hardest version ever, but meh.

I beat Majora's Mask today. Epic is all I can say. Even if it was only for three minutes, being Fierce Deity Link was....

Amazing.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
The whole concept of Majora's Mask is creepy.

A Mask of pure evil.
A world destined to be destroyed, the opposite of Hyrule's success
Souls turning into Masks
Dancing Redeads

I mean come on?
True but as a kid those things really stuck out more than anything.

Now I get to pick up my Fierce Diety Mask and own Majora, which was 30% of why I wanted to play this game.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've beaten ALttP once and that was just recently. He wasn't hard. Took 2 tries no joke.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I must suck, because the dungeon was easy for me, but the boss I struggled with.

You know, Majora had to be the easiest boss fight ever. Then again, FD Mask really makes you strong..so maybe that's why =P.

Masky

Smash Master
Was thinking about Majora's Mask yesterday, did anyone know that 4 is considered very unlucky in Japan since it's commonly associated with death (they both sound the same). The connection is kind of obvious, but I'm guessing most western players wouldn't make the connection

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Well I know that four is a really bad number in Japanese mythology, but no I did not make the connection I can not believe I missed that. :(

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, I'm going to finish Majora's Mask while I'm heading back home from Colorado. I originally played it the Gamecube Collector's disk version, but my memory card messed up while I was at the Stone Tower. :(

It's a 23 hour trip, so I should have plenty of time to beat it. :laugh:

Oh, and the first dungeon was way easier than I remembered.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Get all 20 heartpieces. Majora's Mask is by far the hardest 20 heart piece game I've played. The minigames make me want to stab myself.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Honestly, I felt Gannon in ALTTP was the hardest version ever, but meh.

I beat Majora's Mask today. Epic is all I can say. Even if it was only for three minutes, being Fierce Deity Link was....

Amazing.
I Agree. It's a shame you can only use him in boss rooms...:(

Spire

III
BRoomer
That is so incredible. Choosing to make him in the toon style was a very smart move. Man oh man am I thoroughly impressed with your work.

You have single-handedly inspired me to learn 3D.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
What was everyone's first Zelda game that they played? Not counting the ones where you played someone else's file for like 2 minutes and then said "this is too hard" and gave up.
Mine was the original, via this near-exact remake, then Link's Awakening on my cousin's Game Boy. I've played nearly all the 2D games but still haven't played that much of OoT, MM, WW or TP.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ocarina of Time, then Link's Awakening. Before I actually played LA, a friend of mine owned ALttP, so I played a couple of minutes on that before giving up because I knew I needed to devote a lot of time to it—which I did not have.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
A Link to the Past, and then Windwaker > Twilight Princess. I just recently played OoT and Majora's Mask, which were both pretty epic.

finalark

SNORLAX
What was everyone's first Zelda game that they played? Not counting the ones where you played someone else's file for like 2 minutes and then said "this is too hard" and gave up.
The original on my cousin's NES, then AoL on his NES too, then OoT, then MM, then Wind Waker, the ALttP via the GBA port, then Link's Awakening, followed by OoA then TP.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
LttP when I was a toddler, though I only played through the beginning castle scene over and over again because I was horrible. I watched my sister play through most of the game.

Then I creamed my pants in anticipation for OoT and played for weeks straight. Then I got Link's Awakening and beat that, and by that time Majora's Mask came out. Then finally, about a year later, I came across an old NES and played LoZ.

I didn't even touch Zelda 2 until last year. And it's one of my favorites in the whole series, without the nostalgia factor.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Mine was the original, via this near-exact remake, then Link's Awakening on my cousin's Game Boy. I've played nearly all the 2D games but still haven't played that much of OoT, MM, WW or TP.
Minish cap. Finished first dungeon, but I lost the game. :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wow. Spire was doing so good, then at the end he went berserk. That was the biggest Mario combo I've ever seen. I'm speechless, but you're still an amazing Link Spire. I had to move down to Toon Link because I never could handle how slow he is.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
My first zelda game was Alltp when I was a toddler. Surprisingly, I beat that at that age lol. Then, came OoT, then MM,then oracle of seasons, then master quest, then WW, then TP, then PH and then ST. My favorite is MM.

Spire

III
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/user/GoldenHeartNeko#p/u/64/7KvuDLY6ha0

Don't worry Spire I can't beat his Mario either..........
Rarely do I beat Neko at HIS OWN GAME, especially against his Mario and Falcon. He mains Marth but I almost always get him in those matches.
Wow. Spire was doing so good, then at the end he went berserk. That was the biggest Mario combo I've ever seen. I'm speechless, but you're still an amazing Link Spire. I had to move down to Toon Link because I never could handle how slow he is.
Thanks man, I try :080:

Masky

Smash Master
So... I've played WW, TP, OoT, MM, Minish Cap, PH, ST... someone recommend which game I should play next :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't think LoZ is that easy. The controls and swarms of enemies in the later dungeons/ALL of the 2nd quest make it really irritating. Zelda 2 controls way better, has more stimulating and strategic combat, a ****load of spells and sword moves, ERROR, cool bosses, YOU CAN TURN INTO A FAIRY, the first and most intense Dark Link fight, and the whole game is just awesome! F the haters.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I don't think LoZ is that easy. The controls and swarms of enemies in the later dungeons/ALL of the 2nd quest make it really irritating. Zelda 2 controls way better, has more stimulating and strategic combat, a ****load of spells and sword moves, ERROR, cool bosses, YOU CAN TURN INTO A FAIRY, the first and most intense Dark Link fight, and the whole game is just awesome! F the haters.
Haha, I like how you're always defending Zelda II. It's a really good game. But I think he was saying that we should realize how easy the recent games are by playing the original.

Edit: I've been looking for ALttP, FS, and FSA, but Gamestop doesn't have them. What would you guys recommend doing? I don't want to get it on the Wii (I don't know if ALttP is even on there yet) because that's lame and I like to have a hard copy of my games.

:034:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
GameStop isn't going to have ALttP, FS, or FSA, dude. You're probably going to have to find a copy online and buy it from there.

finalark

SNORLAX
Edit: I've been looking for ALttP, FS, and FSA, but Gamestop doesn't have them. What would you guys recommend doing? I don't want to get it on the Wii (I don't know if ALttP is even on there yet) because that's lame and I like to have a hard copy of my games.

:034:
A Link to the Past is on the virtual console and there was also a GBA port that you might run into if you go out of your way to find it. Your third option is to shell out quite a bit for an original SNES copy on Ebay. If I were you, I would get over my dislike of downloadable games and just get it for eight bucks off the virtual console.

Good luck hunting down FSA, though. I don't think I've ever seen a used copy anywhere where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom