• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Don't worry Skrah; I haven't either, except for like 3 hours of VII on my friend's copy. He lent it to me, but I saved on his memory card and don't have a PS1 one, just a PS2 one. So until I remedy that, no more VII for me.

PS: My computer is far too terrible and tech-diseased to play anything.

On the topic of Zelda, I support wholeheartedly the idea of Hyrule Castle Town as a central melting pot, though the general attitudes of the non-human races are fairly isolationist, so their distance isn't surprising. They seem to like not being intertwined with all that. I could see that changing in the future though.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah, actually...

I was playing Phantasy Star Universe, and what I liked in that game is that in some worlds the CASTs (robots) think humans and newmans (elves) are inferior, and you continue seeing that sort of racism along the way. I love that games immerse you not only into the world but into the actual social conflicts. I want racism in Zelda lol. Or at least not racism but I don't want races to be all happy with each other.

That just gave me an idea. How about a Zelda were the set takes place in the brink of the war? Y'know, the one between races.

P.S. I'll try getting a rom, but I really don't know much about em lol. Though we should stop here, since SWF doesn't approve of ROMs and the likes.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
That just gave me an idea. How about a Zelda were the set takes place in the brink of the war? Y'know, the one between races.

Ooh, that brings us back to our earlier discussion where we theorized Gorons are pretty much invincible, lol.

Yeah, either they would win or remain neutral.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Some stuff about how they're the most technologically advanced of all the races, they can stand extreme temperatures (the fiery furnace of Death Mountain and one Goron in the icy waters of Zora's Domain) There were a bunch of posts about it sometime earlier, lol. The only exception we found is when you actually play as one in Majora's Mask, and you're instantly incapacitated when you fall in water.

Yeah I guess they do suck at fighting though, lol. So I presume they'd just remain neutral and continue digging for rocks (for food I guess, lol). Though I wouldn't be surprised if you had to fight a few rogue Gorons in a Zelda game that takes place during a war, since we had to fight one as a miniboss in Twilight Princess.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Vorguen, it's not like we haven't spoiled the entirety of TP already. You're in a Zelda thread, expect info from any and all games to be spat out without spoiler tags ;)

As for Hyrule City as the melting pot of all races -- yes, yes, and more yes. I say the various civilizations around Hyrule expand greatly, adopting people of all races. Here are some potential demographics (in relation to TP's Hyrule, with "Hyrulean" being general humans of all mixes):

Hyrule City:
• Hyrulean - 30%
• Hylian - 30%
• Goron - 20%
• Zora - 20%

Kakariko:
• Hyrulean - 35%
• Hylian - 15%
• Goron - 35%
• Zora - 15%

Goron City:
• Hyrulean - 20%
• Hylian - 10%
• Goron - 50%
• Zora - 20%

Zora's Domain:
• Hyrulean - 20%
• Hylian - 20%
• Goron - 10%
• Zora - 50%

Ordon:
• Hyrulean - 45%
• Hylian - 15%
• Goron - 20%
• Zora - 20%

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Oh wow, I'm sorry, Vorguen. I didn't know you hadn't finished Twilight Princess yet. . . I think people here might just take for granted that everyone else here has beaten most of the Zelda games, unless people say otherwise. (I think it was Charizard that said he hadn't played a Zelda game except TP and was in the middle of playing it, so people were more careful about spoiling it for him.) Just so you know, the remainder of this post contains some spoilers for Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

Speaking of all the different races of Hyrule, I'd like to see Gerudo Valley make a comeback. Gerudo Desert was in Twilight Princess but it didn't amount to the same awesomeness in OoT. In OoT it had great music, Ganondorf was born there, Twinrova was a great character, you had to stealthily move about the fortress with a hookshot, fighting whatever female warriors that showed up as you went. You got the Ice Arrows there. There was a horseriding archery range. It was a great place!

I don't expect all of those things to return of course, lol. I'd be fine with just a remix of the original music. One thing I don't expect to return is Twinrova, even though it seems like we see Kotake and Koume everywhere, in OoT, in Majora's Mask, and in the end of Oracles. The only problem with Twinrova returning is it'd probably mean Link would have to fight her again, and we already killed her in both timelines. (OoT and Oracles) So unless she can be resurrected like Ganondorf, it would probably just be Kotake and Koume at the most.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Gerudo Valley... gotta love it. The music is great. So is the horse jump. I actually didn't realize you could do it for the longest time. I long-shotted across. The banner over the far side of the bridge had a symbol very similar to the hookshot panels, so I never questioned that there was another way over. I tried Epona as a joke/dare from my sister, and we were both pretty impressed.

As for the integration, while I like the idea in the main, human-dominated central areas, I just get this feeling that Gorons and Zoras wouldn't feel or really be welcome in the other's centers. They're just so different as cultures that I can't see them being close and friendly with each other. Like, I wouldn't expect there to be Gorons in Zora's Domain except maybe an ambassador or possibly trader, and vice versa. Plus, a subtle hostility underneath a shaky alliance could be used well and dramatically by Ganon/other villain to destabilize the world, especially at some key turning point in the middle. Imagine having to deal with a full-on war between two sides that aren't either evil.

Skrah

Smash Ace
As for the integration, while I like the idea in the main, human-dominated central areas, I just get this feeling that Gorons and Zoras wouldn't feel or really be welcome in the other's centers. They're just so different as cultures that I can't see them being close and friendly with each other. Like, I wouldn't expect there to be Gorons in Zora's Domain except maybe an ambassador or possibly trader, and vice versa. Plus, a subtle hostility underneath a shaky alliance could be used well and dramatically by Ganon/other villain to destabilize the world, especially at some key turning point in the middle. Imagine having to deal with a full-on war between two sides that aren't either evil.
That... is awesome. Pretty much what I would want in the next Zelda game. Actually I would like for there to be a King of Hyrule, with Zelda being the princess that will take over once he dies. Let this King be the most beloved man by all races, let him be he who unites all the people of Hyrule, only for him to be assassinated. All the races would blame one another, and bam, you got a war.

EDIT: Silly me, obviously Gerudo Valley's music is the best part. Seconded by horse jump.

Alzi

Smash Master
Gerudo Valley's music was awsome. Although windwaker had some good music aswell.

I need to get myself a majoras mask copy of the game since i have played it but never did own the game and i'm really intrested in playing it aswell.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I need to listen to some WW music. TP had Midna's Lament... That song alone is good enough to say that TP had good music, haha.

Nobody can contest that OOT had good music as well, but that is another story. :)

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Alzi: Yes. Do it. Find a copy. It's an amazing game, and will make your life more worth living. (Not that it isn't already, but even more so!)

And as for the "such and such game had great music" thing, every single game has had some good tunes, especially the console ones. But the handhelds games are not without; just listen to LA.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Gerudo Valley... gotta love it. The music is great. So is the horse jump. I actually didn't realize you could do it for the longest time. I long-shotted across. The banner over the far side of the bridge had a symbol very similar to the hookshot panels, so I never questioned that there was another way over. I tried Epona as a joke/dare from my sister, and we were both pretty impressed.

That shouldn't be too hard, all you have to do is switch

with

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
It's not exactly the same scenario, but the idea of an unnecessary war between two parties that have been manipulated by one leader for his own purposes is the issue I was attempting to highlight with that little analogy.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Oh wow. Looks to have pretty much the same interface as PH. Makes me wonder if that makes it a direct sequel to it. (It would make 3 direct sequels in a row: WW, PH, and this one, Spirit Tracks)

Apparently... there's a train?

I guess that's not too farfetched since they had steampowered ships in PH. I wonder if that's the only industrial revolutionized invention for this game.

I wonder if this is the Zelda game they're talkin about that's supposed to be completely different from previous ones, or if that's supposed to be the next Wii one.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/gpk29dpPjflk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="382" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

"I'M TIRED OF THESE MAAF*CKIN LINKS, ON THIS MAAF*CKIN TRAIN!"
I'm coining that catchphrase here and now.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah they always say that, and then they come out years later. Hopefully this time they won't push back the release date. I should have completed a bunch more Zelda's by then too. :)
Funny thing about that, I glanced at the keynote, aparently Myamoto makes tons of last minute changes to the games (hence delays), but when he doesn't, the games flop because they aren't fun yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom