• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
:laugh: thanks Z, I needed a good laugh.

You can add Space Station Silicon Valley, Milo's Astro Lanes, Chameleon Twist, and Iggy's Reckin' Balls to that list.

Also, check this out: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/03/the-curse-of-the-zelda-lover.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zeldainformer+%28ZeldaInformer+News+Feed%29
Add Superman 64 and Powerpuff Girls Chemical X Traction to the VERY bottom of that list.

The Zelda Lover's Curse article is actually correct in a few areas, but overall it's pretty stupid. I theorize and look deeper into the games because I enjoy them so much.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm going to Disney World for a week, so I'll see you guys next Saturday :)

Don't blow the forum up while I'm gone Spire :mad:

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Hey, would it provoke you guys if I said that I'm a fan of Tingle? It seems that I see a lot of folk get all down on the guy. Perhaps it's just my tendency to favor the oddballs, but I heard this Tingle hate led to his game not coming to America.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Yes, it is the Tingle topic, and we have quite some interesting discussions regarding Tingle and his oddness going on. You guys should check it out.

Btw, I hate Tingle as a whole, but his MM appearance was epic win. But as for everything else they've done with Tingle (including WW), he's the bane of my existence.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm not even gonna dignify Tingle in any way by not posting in that thread.

That's how far my distaste goes for him.

EDIT: Hey Spire, I noticed you keep adding one to your username. You were IV when I left, V when I came back, and now you're VI. What are you achieving to keep adding up?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah LG, different things cause me to "level up" so to speak. Like Scott said, it's kind of an accumulation of experience points. For instance, I changed to Spire VI because I became a Super Mod. That was enough to warrant a name change. Did you know I was originally Spire III?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I like my pink name because it gives me a sense of individuality among the members that have ordinary names.

I also dislike it because my anal-retentiveness makes me have to use a matching avi to go with it.

...Any LoZ-related pics that go well with a pink username?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Green names go well with Zelda avatars. So much green in the games, and lucky me, my favorite character is just the right shade. Too bad my main isn't green too though. But I will never main Luigi or Yoshi or something. That would be terrible.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Green names go well with Zelda avatars. So much green in the games, and lucky me, my favorite character is just the right shade. Too bad my main isn't green too though. But I will never main Luigi or Yoshi or something. That would be terrible.
You could main Link or Toon Link. How did you not think of them! At least Marth looks like a girl too.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Today I thought of something that possably might make sence, so we all know that stalfos are people who died in the forest,yes?then what about arealfos,ad lizalfos,Do youthink it is possible that when zoras die (where ever) they turn into lizalfos?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Today I thought of something that possably might make sence, so we all know that stalfos are people who died in the forest,yes?then what about arealfos,ad lizalfos,Do youthink it is possible that when zoras die (where ever) they turn into lizalfos?
Nah, I think those are just races of lizard people. I understand the logic though.

I would love to see a civilized group of Lizalfos with their own tribe/village in say... a jungle further west of the Gerudo Desert?

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
What's the longest Zelda game? I know you could've took longer overall on a shorter version since you got stuck more, for example, but I mean overall just with the sidequests and the entire story etc.

I think it's Twilight Princess with the original, LttP and OoT right behind.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I'd actually say WindWaker if you try and beat it at 100 percent. They had longer, harder sidequests than any other game. They had a huge overworld that was almost mandatory to explore. Lest we forget the Triforce quest which took up a whole lot of time! There werent a lot of temples, but they were difficult and long.

Yeah, I'd say Windwaker.

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
ok. I wouldn't know about WW since i haven't got far into it and don't plan to go any further.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Do youthink it is possible that when zoras die (where ever) they turn into lizalfos?
Dont know about Zoras, really, but I think that gorons turn into these things when they die:

Know these things? They are at the entrance of Ikana Canyon. At first, I thought these things were silly rocks with big jaws or something. I looked them up recently, however, and noticed that the name "Nejiron" basically means corrupted goron. And when you look back at the creature after knowing that, the silly looking rock creature turns out to be REALLY creepy. What I thought was a big jaw turns out to be the Nejiron's arms and feet curled up in a fetal position, like how a goron would be if he was curled up in their rolling stance.

So... Now these dang things are my favorite enemies.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Dont know about Zoras, really, but I think that gorons turn into these things when they die:

Know these things? They are at the entrance of Ikana Canyon. At first, I thought these things were silly rocks with big jaws or something. I looked them up recently, however, and noticed that the name "Nejiron" basically means corrupted goron. And when you look back at the creature after knowing that, the silly looking rock creature turns out to be REALLY creepy. What I thought was a big jaw turns out to be the Nejiron's arms and feet curled up in a fetal position, like how a goron would be if he was curled up in their rolling stance.

So... Now these dang things are my favorite enemies.
I don't think they're dead Gorons; they're most likely evil creatures related to Gorons. I mean, they're enemies that attack Link, so they must be living (unless you're referring to ReDeads, Gibdos, Stalfos, or Bubbles)

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Well, think about where they are. They are at Ikana Canyon, land of the dead. The only living things in Ikana Canyon are bombchus and... well... Dampe the gravekeeper. And, as I've said, they are caled "Nejirons" which basically means "corrupted goron."

... and when did enemies who attack link have to be living? If I remember correctly, there are a HUGE amount of undead and ghostly enemies in Zelda that attack Link. Are we forgetting poes?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, I think those are kind of "mimic" enemies, just like the mimics in D&D, Final Fantasy, etc. that look like treasure chests but turn out to be monsters. These do the same, but for Gorons. Like the Minjos from Banjo-Tooie. Imagine a false Hylian. You're adventuring around and you come across a creature disguised as a normal person whose identity is revealed once you're too close to escape without being endangered. They're not related to Hylians at all, they're just fiends that are able to take that form.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
It doesnt really "Say" that they are mimics. If they were mimics, we would probably see other mimics of other creatures. Of course, it doesnt say it is a corrupt Goron spirit like I'm saying, but it further proves itself by being in only one place in the entire game: The entrance to Ikana Canyon, the land of the dead.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
They don't look undead at all, though. I think "corrupted Goron" basically means "evil Goron" in this case. Undead Zelda enemies are generally skeletons, skulls, or ghosts of some sort. And the fact that Ikana Canyon is the land of the dead is not really evidence that they are actually dead; I think appearance has much more priority over location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom