• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Wanted Newcomer List for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Crono and Lyn would be my only 2 picks for my most wanted.
Square Enix put the caposh on Crono appearing in anything else simply by stating that the game's copyright was so tangled that it's doubtful that any of its characters will appear in anything again. They say it's like this because hardly anyone who helped make Chrono Trigger works for SE anymore. It's really a shame too considering how Crono just begs to be playable in a game like Smash. Seriously, Lumiaire... enough said.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, Bowser JR, Isaac, Mewtwo, Megaman, michiah and Midna for me. Don't see how these guys didn't get picked in the first place. Oh well. I got my Wolf and Lucario so I'm happy. As for more long shots I suppose Eeeveelutions, plusle/minun, Another PT and Waluigi. Waluigi isn't quite a long shot but his chances look bleak to me since he wasn't added a the same time as wario.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Andross (Yeah.. I know. Flamed to death. I'm ready.)
Mach Rider
Gooey (I chose him over Black Knight because we're pretty sword-heavy already)

I didn't say Krystal or Ridley or K. Rool because they're obvious. If they don't get into SSB4, people will freak out (again, and to a greater degree). I went with not-so-obvious characters.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, I never posted my list, so:

Deoxys
Claus
Ridley
Waluigi
K. Rool

If those are all the newcomers we get in SSB4, I'm happy.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Krystal (from the Star Fox series)
Mega Man (from any Mega Man series really, doesn't matter to me)
Waluigi (from the Mario series)

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Midna
Tetra
Toon Ganondorf
Toon Zelda
Vaati

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Geno

Isaac

Krystal

Sylux

King K. Rool
Dixie

Animal Crosser

Conker

Mewtwo
Meowth
Plusle and Minun

Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Megaman

Tails
Knuckles

Stevo

Smash Champion
Here are my top 10 votes

1. Ratatouille (Final Smash would be him controlling a human like in the movie)
2. Po (from teletubbies)
3. ssj6 fusion dance Vegeta (over 9000!)
4. 50 cent
5. Yakko (Animaniacs)
6. Captain Planet (and the planeteers!)
7. Maria Sharapova
8. Leonotis (Taunt = InstaKO "This is Sparta!!!")
9. Gold Farmer (Ni Hao)
10. Ganondorfs left testicle (both would be too much manliness)

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
2. Po (from teletubbies)
4. 50 cent
5. Yakko (Animaniacs)
7. Maria Sharapova
9. Gold Farmer (Ni Hao)
Wow. We just lost any chance whatsoever of this being a serious list that might be looked at in the future =/

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
-----------------------------------------------------
I would like to see the return of:

Meta Knight
Samus (Power Suit)
I would like to see the Joining of:

Bomberman
Skull Kid

D

Deleted member

1. Waluigi(Mario/Wario)

He's slowing creeping up on us...

2. Felix/Isaac (Golden Sun)

I don't care which. Add my vote to Felix, but remember I want both.

3. Sylux (Metroid)

Just watch and see. This guy will get epically popular.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or is it a little too early to be discussing things like this?
It's never too early. Sonic was wanted for years before he was put in Brawl. Snake had been wanted since Melee, and didn't get put in until the sequel.

LET HIM KNOW WHAT WE WANT NOW

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It's never too early. Sonic was wanted for years before he was put in Brawl. Snake had been wanted since Melee, and didn't get put in until the sequel.

LET HIM KNOW WHAT WE WANT NOW
Not to mention King Dedede, Pit and many Brawl newcomers may have been in Melee had people wanted them for longer. This is an excellent point.

Isaac and Bomberman for Brawl!! Start the support NOW! :chuckle:

Stevo

Smash Champion
Here are my top 10 votes

2. Po (from teletubbies)
4. 50 cent
5. Yakko (Animaniacs)
7. Maria Sharapova
9. Gold Farmer (Ni Hao)
I think you guys seriously missed the seriousness of my serious list.

seriously

this thread is so rediculous

Brawl isnt even really out yet....

did I mention this was rediculous?

oh well.... you guys enjoy yourself I guess.... Im just glad this stuff is all put in one thread so I dont have to look through millions of threads about who should be in the next smash.

Ritherz

Smash Cadet
I think you guys seriously missed the seriousness of my serious list.

seriously

this thread is so rediculous

Brawl isnt even really out yet....

did I mention this was rediculous?

oh well.... you guys enjoy yourself I guess.... Im just glad this stuff is all put in one thread so I dont have to look through millions of threads about who should be in the next smash.
vouche. maybe we should put power rangers in.
hercules from the 1960 cartoon also works.

edit: wewt for 9th post in 3 years, 3 posts/year average.

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Sonic:
Shadow
Knuckles

Mario:
Geno
Baby Bowser

Megaman:
Megaman
Zero

Star Fox:
Krystal

Metroid:
Ridley

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ack.. I feel so conflicted right now... anyway...

Fire Emblem:
1. Roy
2. Lyndis
3. Sothe

Yeah, I luv FE chars... D:

Anyway, I chose these three cuz a lot of other chars that I wanted in Brawl already have a lot of support (Isaac). Also, I was extremely dissapointed to see Roy cut for Brawl; He was my secondary in Melee. Lyn.... well, she was definately one of the most requested female characters for Brawl... she should have been in... And finally, Sothe; He's just one of favorite FE characters, along with Roy...

I would've also voted for my most favorite video game character ever, Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, but I doubt almost no one else would support him... Plus, the last Skies of Arcadia game came out quite a few years ago... Hopefully, that little rumor flying around will come true and they'll make a Wii sequel... Ah, I can only dream....

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Geno(Super Mario RPG)
De-cloned Wolf(Star Fox)
Megaman (megaman)

I like how you totally ignored brawl and went onto the next game, its like if call of duty 3 was good.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
Mona (WarioWare)
Kat and Ana (WarioWare, you know they'd have to play as one character)
Ditto (Pokemon)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is it just me, or is it a little too early to be discussing things like this? :confused:
No, not really considering how 9 of the 14 new characters in Brawl were heavily wanted in Melee or left on the cutting room floor according to interviews or rumors that have some evidence behind them.

Wario- Was the third most wanted Mario character in Melee poll while Bowser and Peach were first and second. There was also a rumor that Wario was replaced by Dr. Mario as a clone character because Sakurai didn't want to insult the fans and knew better of his unique qualities.

Wolf- Was the third most wanted Star Fox character in the Melee poll with Falco and Slippy ahead of him. Wolf was rumored to have been planned to be a character ALT for Fox similar to Daisy but, like with Wario, Sakurai believed this would greatly upset the fans. This is somehwhat supported by how Wolf appears in the Melee's opening and how he doesn't have a trophy.

Diddy Kong- Was the third most wanted Rare character in Melee behind James Bond and Banjo/Kazooie. Rumored to have been removed due to problems with Rare caused by Nintendo's plan to sell them to Microsoft. This is somewhat supported by how he doesn't have a trophy while K. Rool and Dixie do.

Pokemon Trainer/Red- Was the third most wanted Pokemon character in the Melee poll with Mewtwo and Mew ahead of him. It is heavily speculated that he was left out both for technical complications and how the Pokemon franchise already had four reps.

Pit- Only recieved five votes in the Melee poll but it should be kept in mind that the Ice Climbers only had four. Sakurai himself confessed himself that he was left on the cutting room floor because of the complication they had making "flying" characters.

King Dedede- Was the most voted for character in the Kirby category and also the fourth most popular character overall. Sakurai confessed in an interview following Melee that he was left out of that and the original because he didn't want to put to much focus on his own characters.

Metaknight- Was the third most voted for character in the Kirby category behind "a random helper." He was left on the cutting room floor for the same reasons as King Dedede and Pit according to Sakurai.

Sonic- Was the third most voted for third party character behind Chocobo and Doramon (... don't ask...). In an interview in 2003, Naka confirmed that Sonic was considered for Melee but was left on the cutting room floor due to time constraints and how his addition at the time seemed "inappropriate."

Snake- Didn't appear in the Melee poll. In an interview with Kojima, he admits that he tried very hard to have Snake appear in Melee but had the same problems as Sonic.

In the end, 5 of these characters (Wario, King Dedede, Metaknight, Diddy, and Pokemon Trainer) were in the top 20.

From how I see it, 3 of these 14 characters was added out of "oligation."

Lucario- Represents the most recent Pokemon generation much like Pichu did in Melee and that's pretty much why Pichu got the boot.

Ike- Was the most recent FE lord when Brawl started production in October 2005. Roy's game wasn't even released yet when Melee came out but the arguement remains valid.

ROB- Falls in the same category as Game and Watch, a WTF character and a character from games that most people haven't even played.

With that said, the only genuinely contemporary fan request that made it was Captain Olimar but, then again, he was the only major Miyamoto franchise that didn't have a rep yet...

This is how this corresponds to Sakurai's journal in terms of characters who were mentioned more then twice:

Geno (5 mentions)
King Dedede (5 mentions)
Ike (4 mentions)
Diddy Kong (4 mentions)
Ridley (4 mentions)
Krystal (3 mentions)
Wind Waker Link (3 mentions)
Takamaru (3 mentions)
Captain Olimar (3 mentions)

The more that I think about it the more I realise that Sakurai and his staff had their heads stuck in the past more then anything else and really didn't listen to today's fans as much as we thought. With this being said, most of the next game's roster will probably consist of characters that people wanted in Brawl along with someon to represent the most recent pokemon generation, someone to represent the most recent Fire Emblem game, and a character completely out of left field for gimmick purposes.

Tha Ice Cream

Smash Rookie
Arceus from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Mudkip from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and
Balloon Fighter from Balloon Fighter.

@ Missingno, lol.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
This list is growing fast.. nice. Well, I'll update it tomorrow night when I have time. I would tonight, but I have an Exam ><

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
I like the idea that if we spam our wishes for SSB4 early (before Brawl is even released in the west) it might have an impact later, but I don't know if we, as a most US based part of the community would have the impact needed?

Japan-centric designers and all.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I like the idea that if we spam our wishes for SSB4 early (before Brawl is even released in the west) it might have an impact later, but I don't know if we, as a most US based part of the community would have the impact needed?

Japan-centric designers and all.
Exactly why I want this to branch out to Japanese SSBX forums, ao they can have a say too. I only know enough Japanese to getme by, so it would be difficult for me to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom