• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Music Review Game (NEW RULE - Check first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Just felt like bringing this game back. There are not many threads in here having to do with music anymore, unless I'm missing something really obvious.

Well, basically, rate the song that the person above you posts on a scale of one to ten, then tell why you like:)/dislike:c the song.

I'll start with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isAIkuGhigA

(Complication)

NEW RULE:

PLEASE try to listen to the songs in their entirety. There may be more to a certain song than meets the ears. Either way, give the whole thing a chance, unless you might hate it from the beginning.

Last edited:

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Mari777, I would be delighted if you were to remember to review the music posted before you. Spank you!

Smashfan, I give it a 7.5/10. It's a cool song, but I'll just say it's honestly not something I would wanna listen to for half an hour. :p

The music I'll post to be reviewed is

Old Enemy (from Shin Megami Tensei: If...)

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
8/10
Nice instruments and cool way of using them. I didn't really enjoy it that much, though, until I heard the second half... Though, it may just be my imagination that the second half would be different. Silly idiot, Sly Fox! It's obviously looped!

Kinda cool anyways.

Next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nVC2YKOdM

(Jun, opening of Cromartie High School. Done with Persona stuffs, briefly)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
8/10
Nice instruments and cool way of using them. I didn't really enjoy it that much, though, until I heard the second half... Though, it may just be my imagination that the second half would be different. Silly idiot, Sly Fox! It's obviously looped!

Kinda cool anyways.

Next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nVC2YKOdM

(Jun, opening of Cromartie High School. Done with Persona stuffs, briefly)
Hmmm.....not sure what to make of it. It just kind of plays without nothing standing out much. There isn't really a hook or something you can get into but it's still good. I only really liked 3:00 - 3:16 with the rad guitar solo. Outside of that though, I couldn't get really into it.

6/10

"Knights" Crystal Castles

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
7/10

honestly, i thought the song sounded good, but i don't tolerate or condone use of illegal substances. if you're not The Beatles or any famous band, just stay away from drugs. the comments certainly didn't help. :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXW4vIRZzk

"Noots" by Sum 41

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
7/10

honestly, i thought the song sounded good, but i don't tolerate or condone use of illegal substances. if you're not The Beatles or any famous band, just stay away from drugs. the comments certainly didn't help. :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXW4vIRZzk

"Noots" by Sum 41
So why is it ok for The Beatles and any other famous bands to do drugs while it's bad for lesser known bands or individuals? That doesn't make any sense. In fact, you are actually condoning drug use by saying it's ok for famous bands to do drugs. In your opinion, why should famous people have special drug privileges while everyone else should just "stay away"? If you actually legitimately against drug use, it should apply to everyone; not just a few select individuals because they are "famous". You are contradicting your entire stance on drug/illegal substance use.

8/10
this song reminds me that Sum 41 is pretty good
listening to the lyrics i feel its about losing yourself and trying to fit in and be cool
and losing friends because of that
i can relate to some of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhe1FDriaY0

Besitos - Pierce The Veil
I like the beginning well enough. I really like the vocals and the screaming portions are pretty solid.

In fact, I love the emotional strain in some of the whiney vocals that are in it. Overall, the vocals are pretty amazing. It's like a mixture of screamo, 80"s hairmetal, and the Mars Volta lol. It has a very dark feel to it and I like it.

The song seems to go everywhere; it slows down, speeds up, switches temp, and the vocals are being thrown everywhere but not being extremely chaotic. 2:23 - 2:35 was just pure awesome. Piano I think. The lyrics seem pretty out there and random poetic **** thrown together but it's cool.

However, despite the song, it does song a little bit like everyday screamo bands and some of the lyrics seem rather far-fetched. However, that is what makes that genre "interesting" so to speak. Overall I good song from a band I have never heard of before.

7/10

"Pop Culture" - Madeon

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
really guys? step it up

you've never heard of Pierce the Veil before?
they're pretty hot in the post hardcore/metalcore scene right now

back to to the thread =)

omg dude what the song mash up
i loved the daft punk sounds and gorillaz sounds
the tempo change at 57 seconds was amazing
i give props to whoever mashed all that up
7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3acWyAaA8

Ichiban no Takaramono 一番の宝物 (Yui ver.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
really guys? step it up

you've never heard of Pierce the Veil before?
they're pretty hot in the post hardcore/metalcore scene right now

back to to the thread =)

omg dude what the song mash up
i loved the daft punk sounds and gorillaz sounds
the tempo change at 57 seconds was amazing
i give props to whoever mashed all that up
7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3acWyAaA8

Ichiban no Takaramono 一番の宝物 (Yui ver.)
Nice quiet opening. At first when I read Yui, I thought thee YUI. Nice vocals but a little stressed at certain points I thought. Overall, her vocals are pretty good. Very quiet and melancholy...almost nostalgic. It reminds me of a summer night and the breeze coming into your window. I don't know why. Or maybe a lost love or missed chances but still seeing hope at the end of the road.

Overall, a pretty good song but it's slow pace, stressed vocals, and really no hook in the song made me loose interest a little during the song.

5/10

Keeping in line with Japanese singers...

"Darkwave Surfer
" - Aural Vampire

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
8/10

i'm surprised there isn't any 8@d@$$ anime that uses that for it's theme song (if there is, i likely haven't heard of it)
I am for one glad that it isn't. It would greatly diminish the awesomeness that is Aural Vampire. As well, they are pretty old. I am pretty sure they are defunct or not as active as they were before.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
8/10

i'm surprised there isn't any 8@d@$$ anime that uses that for it's theme song (if there is, i likely haven't heard of it)

Stormalong Harbor/Ship - Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL
I spend the entire time thinking what this is. I am not sure what to think but I don't really like it. The entire song just seemed to loop without any change in its structure. I realize it's a CN OST but....ugh....I found myself tuning it out near the end.

2/10 Sorry dude.

"Empathy" Crystal Castles

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
9/10

pop beats are always catchy. B)

time for some nostalgia.

"Runaway Theme" by Mike O'Donnell & Junior Campbell

Tacel

Smash Lord
That's a hella long song but I like what I hear. Love the guitar and drums and how they come together nicely to make this truly epic song.

8/10

To change things up, my favorite song of all time:
"Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
10/10

sounds like something i'd hear on the road, always a great pasttime of mine. :)

"River Twygz Bed" by Naoko Mitome and Chika Sekigawa

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
7/10

I actually have this song on my iPod... It's pretty cool, in a scary way. I like how it's so dark that it doesn't seem fitting for a Mario game.

Burn My Dread -Last Battle- from Persona 3.

Also, don't read the comments, they might spoil the game for you... Just thought I'd take a little precaution there.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
9/10

i haven't even watched Game Grumps before, but listening to this... really makes me want to.

GOLDEN OLDIE TIME

Accidents Will Happen

WARNING: this one is ADDICTIVE O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom