• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Name is Zega, The Main is Mario.

Zega

Smash Cadet
Well hello smashboards! this is my first ever post! and i just wanted to say a few things.

I am a no named brawl player named Zega that is wanting to seek to be "known" by the brawl community. As of last tournament i went to I think Zega the 2nd is a more appropriate name because i hav gotten 2nd in the past 4 tournys i been too.

My Main as Mario and growing up on fighting games are never believed in the tier list, until i ran into tournaments then i finally realized that a good mario user isn't going to go toe to toe with a just as good meta knight user, marth user (melee) or pikachu user (oringal).

I've mained Mario since i was 5, and hav thrown him around in tourny's for quiet some time now but my new tournament character of choice is falco.

I can go toe to toe with this guy named clink if any of you hav heard of him and if you have this is the question i'm trying to get too.

I don't nescarily want to be the best Super smash bros. Player in the world but i want to at least be "known" in the feild of battle.

So i posted this topic to ask how some of you pro's got your start? cause everyone i've fought agaisnt says i hav the potential to be pro, I just don't know how to get there.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Releasing combo highlight videos is a good way to get noticed. But its best that you have material from tournaments instead of local friendlies. Just saying.

Zega

Smash Cadet
Go to tournaments. Start small, and if you can destroy everyone in your locale, then go to regionals, etc. Make your name known at tournaments.
I normally do dominated in locals very very easily unless a CA brawler comes in from somewhere which has happened to me 2ce and i can go toe to toe with him. But yeah down here in alabama when i start chain grabbing people are like wtf he's AMAZING! and i'm just kinda like.....really? i honestly want some really tough competition....

silentboxer1989

Smash Rookie
Well i want to say welcome and check out mario's matchup thread cause you probably could tip the odds in your favor (no promises)

Zega

Smash Cadet
Well i want to say welcome and check out mario's matchup thread cause you probably could tip the odds in your favor (no promises)
I actually did research that reccently and to my surpise he has some pretty good overall match ups for a low tier.

Top Bottom