• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks for adding my Pivot Walk to any follow up . Nice guide btw. I don't need to be credited since Pivot Walking wasn't discovered by me, but it would be nice if I can get the follow up part credited. Don't feel pressured though, you don't have to credit me
Of course I'll add the credit! Thanks for asking! Really!
Thank u for putting my tech up there (not exactly a tech :/ but u know)
No thank you. Can you think of any more? Maybe some level specific ones?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hmm level specific...dair water stall in water stages. And theres not really much stage specific except for the risky dsmash walkoff OHKO in castle siege (2nd transformation), Delfino and others. BTW FiOD, I was playing in rainbow cruise threw a bomb up and it started shaking wildly in a platform like it was gonna explode. I was like O_O. I had never seen that before.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hmm level specific...dair water stall in water stages. And theres not really much stage specific except for the risky dsmash walkoff OHKO in castle siege (2nd transformation), Delfino and others. BTW FiOD, I was playing in rainbow cruise threw a bomb up and it started shaking wildly in a platform like it was gonna explode. I was like O_O. I had never seen that before.
Thanks for the level specifics, I'll get around to adding them once I've added a Level: title to the AT's I have already.
Your gonna have to give me more details about that strange bomb occurence. It sounds like Slope Bombing or at least something similar, Did you throw the Bomb up and have it land, at the peak of the throw, on a slanted surface? The one thing that throws that off is you said 'it started shaking wildly IN a platform'. If you had of said ON a platform then this would be different. I and O are right next to each other so it's possible it was just a typo.
Don't forget about the lil' U-smash with bomb! ^_^. Credit goes to... i dunno... but my bro, arcthefallen, posted the vid on it.
Thanks I think I remember now reading about that. I'll see if I can find it, in any case a link to the thread would be really appreciated.
Edit: Don't worry, I found it. It was in the middle of the Bombing like a pro thread. I'll add it in a sec. I should probably add Dash canceled Up-smash as well.....Awesome stuff, two new Techs!

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
*Didn't see this on the first post*

You can Reverse BCAT(SHRBCAT). You can also Short-Hop double-arrow Reverse BCAT so it'd be like SHDARBCAT? XD

I find it easier to BCAT from a SHDA. =/

Yes, this was very random, I know.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks, I'll add that into the Note:
(Lol I didn't think the BCAT would actually catch on)

Edit: Good News People! I've Finished all the Level Specifics for all the AT's up to date. I shall now (not right now) add some Level Specific AT's that you have told me. We have about three atm so hopefully by next time I update we will have more.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this thread so far.

Edit 2: I've added an Index just under the Summary because this list is getting rather long and to find a specific AT without this Index is almost impossible. So that should make things A LOT easier.
Fox out.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
*on a platform lol* not in FiOD. IT was very random, I soft threw the bomb up in the lower part of the (aftership) stage when it starts moving. It landed precisely in the platform and started shaking wildly like I said. Ill try to recreate it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@TLMSheikant: Ok, one more thing I need to know. By the "aftership" do you mean when the Ship falls away and you have to go on to the platforms? If so, from memory, this is definatly Slope Bombing. What happens is the ship goes on an angle making the platform you threw the bomb up to a slope. The Bomb lands on the platform at the peak of the throw and starts slowly sliding down. I'm pretty convinced now. One last thing that should confirm this, did the Bomb have a white aura around it? If so then this is the type of Slope Bombing that Toondiddy was telling me about a while ago.

If not, (to any of the previous questions) then I don't know what happened.

So what does everyone think of the Index?

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
This looks great.

A few things, however,
Battlecrist's arrow trick was a SHDA but TL turns around when he hits the ground. Both arrows fly in the original direction, but TL turns around and faces opposite the way he shot both arrows. I'm positive of this because he would do his BCAT, then be in perfect position to start a bair string. What you're describing is TL shooting one arrow forwards and one backwards while still facing forwards. Unless there's more than one part to his trick, you have discovered something different.

Also, I would suggest changing "levels" to "stages", because it took me forever to figure out what you we're talking about.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
FiOD- no i mean after the ship falls (the bomb isnt on the ship) i was on the lower part and soft threw the bomb up and it landed precisely in the platform and started behaving wildly. :/

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh!.....hmm....So you on the part of the level where you have to Jump upwards for a bit because the screen is rising just after the ship is gone? (lol, you said landed IN the platform again, it did land ON the platform right?) That is weird, um, ok did it land on a flat platform or a sloped platform? I'm still convinced it has to be Slope Bombing. If it landed on a flat platform, then I am stumped and will have to look into this further and you have discovered something new that should be able to be done on Rainbow Ride and Rumble Falls.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I will further try to recreate this 2morrow FiOD. U should too. All I know is I SOFTthrew the bomb up and it landed perfectly in the platform (without rising a little more it just landed there) so perfect timing is key. Itll be hard to test tho :/ since RC moves too much :/.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
IN The Platform! This is too cool! I thought you were joking or it was a typo. Ok so this obviously only worked because the level was rising, so as I said, it should work on Ranbow Ride and Jungle Japes. I can't get to my Wii right now, (family) so I'll have to get back to you on this one. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, it sounds awesome. I'll let you know if/when I figure this out. This would be awesome to add as a Stage Specific AT.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Yeah I find it easier to BCAT from SHDA as well.

The really difficult thing to do with BCAT would be BBQ BCAT, -> BBQ

This looks great.

A few things, however,
Battlecrist's arrow trick was a SHDA but TL turns around when he hits the ground. Both arrows fly in the original direction, but TL turns around and faces opposite the way he shot both arrows. I'm positive of this because he would do his BCAT, then be in perfect position to start a bair string. What you're describing is TL shooting one arrow forwards and one backwards while still facing forwards. Unless there's more than one part to his trick, you have discovered something different.

Also, I would suggest changing "levels" to "stages", because it took me forever to figure out what you we're talking about.
Where TL shoots one arrow forwards and one backwards while still facing forwards is just SHDA with reverse arrow at the end, and BCAT after that, I think.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah I wasn't really thinking when I was writing it. No worries though, it's all fixed now.

Ok, after doing some testing on TLMSheikant's strange Bomb occurence, I have in fact come up with some cool results. I'm not sure what he meant by In the platform, but by throwing the Bomb up at a certain point in the specified section of Rainbow Ride, I was able to make the Bomb Dance on the spot.
(Just came to me then, can we please call this Jig Bombing XD that would be hilarious.) Even better I was able to make the bomb dance on the spot in a few more places then the first one (You can actually do it on one of the flying carpets). Before we go on I would just like to explain what I mean by dance on the spot. You may recall Slope Bombing, well if you did a Slope Bomb slightly later, the bomb would bounce down the slope instead of slide. What is happening is the Bomb is able to Bounce on the spot. (OMG an even better name, Bouncy Bomb!) Anyway, so far I have been able to find two good places to do this on Rainbow Ride and three even better and easier places to do it on Jungle Japes, I'll go into more detail in a sec. Get this, the Bomb is active. That means that while it is bouncing it acts like a mine and will explode if an opponent touches it (just like Slope Bombing).

Ok if you want to see this for yourself then possibly the easiest way to do this is on Jungle Japes. Simply Select the stage and as soon as it starts, you know the platform you start on, it's like a rope bridge that connects in the middle to a platform and then another rope bridge, right well straight away run over to the middle platform in between the two rope bridges, pull out a Bomb then lightly throw it up. It will land on a platform above and start Bouncing on the spot (please call it Bouncy Bomb!).

Now, TLMSheikant, is this what you were describing?

Fox out.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh so thats how you do the "Pivot Walking", I've been wondering how to spin heaps while walking for a while now xD.

This looks cool to do at the end of each match. Also with the reverse grab i enjoy doing zair to bomb then as they shield it run and slide behind them then grab.

Alzi

Smash Master
All the other stuff i knew already just that Pivot Walking was annoying me for awhile.

Glad this thread suddenly had the answer. hehe.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah I wasn't really thinking when I was writing it. No worries though, it's all fixed now.

Ok, after doing some testing on TLMSheikant's strange Bomb occurence, I have in fact come up with some cool results. I'm not sure what he meant by In the platform, but by throwing the Bomb up at a certain point in the specified section of Rainbow Ride, I was able to make the Bomb Dance on the spot.
(Just came to me then, can we please call this Jig Bombing XD that would be hilarious.) Even better I was able to make the bomb dance on the spot in a few more places then the first one (You can actually do it on one of the flying carpets). Before we go on I would just like to explain what I mean by dance on the spot. You may recall Slope Bombing, well if you did a Slope Bomb slightly later, the bomb would bounce down the slope instead of slide. What is happening is the Bomb is able to Bounce on the spot. (OMG an even better name, Bouncy Bomb!) Anyway, so far I have been able to find two good places to do this on Rainbow Ride and three even better and easier places to do it on Jungle Japes, I'll go into more detail in a sec. Get this, the Bomb is active. That means that while it is bouncing it acts like a mine and will explode if an opponent touches it (just like Slope Bombing).

Ok if you want to see this for yourself then possibly the easiest way to do this is on Jungle Japes. Simply Select the stage and as soon as it starts, you know the platform you start on, it's like a rope bridge that connects in the middle to a platform and then another rope bridge, right well straight away run over to the middle platform in between the two rope bridges, pull out a Bomb then lightly throw it up. It will land on a platform above and start Bouncing on the spot (please call it Bouncy Bomb!).

Now, TLMSheikant, is this what you were describing?

Fox out.
Yep thats it. ^_^ glad u could recreate it. And it actually explodes on touch :O. So its useful. ^_^

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm so confused about the bouncy bomb thing. @_@

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok, more info and cool stuff about The Bouncy Bomb.
It is exactly like Slope Bombing except without the slope. That means that if you use Dair next to it, it jumps. It will explode in contact with an opponent. I have also found a better way to do it rather then just throw it up, You use one of the C4 techniques. Pull out a Bomb Jump through the platform and Z-drop it just above the platform. This means that it can easily be done on all go through able platforms on Jungle Japes and Rainbow Ride. The Bouncy Bomb really is a useful AT, it's just such a shame that it can only be done on two levels.

Right, I'll get around to adding the Bouncy Bomb to the OP a bit later (probably under Slope Bombing).

@Kitamerby: I'm going to think of the Carpet Bomb as one of the things you can do with the Bouncy Bomb

@Demonic: Thanks for that I'll add that when I add the Bouncy Bomb, does it have a name? If not I'll think of something fitting. Also, did you discover this? If so please let me know.

@Sasuke: What about it is confusing? The way I explain it, or that fact that it's broken. I'll tell you what, Once I've written it up if your still not sure, then let me know and I'll try to explain it.

@TLMSheikant: No problems and yes, it's actualy useful. Nice stuff.

I'm off to do some adding.
Edit: On second thoughts, I'll put it under C4 which is already under Slope Bombing. This way it's like you learn the two techs and only then once you understand them both can you move on to The Bouncy Bomb. Or something like that.

Edit2: I'm writing up the level specifics and....Whats a Dair water stall (on water stages)? Is that just where you dive really far under, cause thats not a stall so.....I must have it wrong. Anyone?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
FiOD- jungle japes...u mean the other moving stage right? or Jungle japes? the one with the klap trap @_@. And dair water stall is exactly that its not a stall but it makes u invulnerable for a while...

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I felt that the AT thread would be a good place to ask.

I have a lot of difficulty timing the SHDA correctly. I'm always landing before the quickdraw. I'm not sure what it is. When I'm in training and slow down to 50% speed, I can do it every now and then. But at 100% it's absolutely impossible for me.

What tips do you pro TL's have to master the SHDA?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I'm no pro but tapping the special attack button lightly after the first arrow helps me. Err, for timing the first arrow, you have to shoot it out as soon as you start your SH.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Slide your finger from y to b. Thats what I do but Ive peoplesay they flick the control stick to tab B twice. Im not a TL but it works consistently enough for me (the y to b method I mean)
If theres a better way, Im sure one of the TL mains will tell you.
But about the bouncy bomb, theres no rope bridge in Jungle Japes??? What are you talking about. But This seems really useful to me. Can you do this on edges that you can jump through. As in falling below the stage and then jumping through and throwing the bomb so that it bounces in front of the ledge (ie on Delfino Plaza during the moving part) Itd sortve be like Snake placing a mine near the edge but faster and safer to place. I cant wait to see a vid of this :)

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
I'm no pro but tapping the special attack button lightly after the first arrow helps me. Err, for timing the first arrow, you have to shoot it out as soon as you start your SH.
I'll give that a shot. I do have a tendency to spam B instead of actually timing it, so that may be the root cause of my problem. Thanks for the tip. :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Gah roar! I'm such an idiot! Not Jungle Japes, I meant Rumble Falls!

The Bouncy Bomb Works on Rainbow Ride and RUMBLE FALLS. I'm sorry for the confusion. Smacks self in head. I'll fix that in a sec.

@ TLMSheikant: Thanks for letting me know man. I'll also add the water stall, just after I've fixed you know what.

@ MegaPants: Cool name btw. Yeah you don't want to spam the B button. Just SH and use B straight away, then Hit B again as soon as you can (Just before he touches the ground). You'll find that you have to hit B slightly earlier then when He is supposed to quickdraw. Also I wouldn't recomend slowing down the speed because the timing is all different.

@ Bellieos: Again my bad for all the confusion. Interesting idea about Delfino Plaza, If it was going to work there at all it would be as your coming down from the moving platform onto one of the other stationary parts of the level. I would think to do it though you would need to quickly fall through the platform then double jump over it again and Z-drop the Bomb. I'll check it out.

@ Copacetic: I have no idea what that video was about because of the bad quality. All I can see is Toon pulls out a Bomb, tethers to the platform, Lucas goes after him and then somehow the blue 'fish'(?) gets involved, the bomb goes off at some point and Lucas dies.....

I'm just gonna go fix the OP. I'll be hearing from ya.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
i just saved my friend from the klaptrap spike with a down-thrown bomb only to have him instantly get klaptrapped again. just a joke is all

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
@FIOD: Yeah, I discovered it for Toon Link
Just call it Zair through stage...
or Phantom Zair!
or Demonic Zair!
or... Santi?

BTW: Forgot to say... You can do normal combos out of this just like normal zair. Demonic Zair to Nair is still a combo.

LoL... Alright... I really like Demonic Zair... I don't care how gay it sounds

2nd edit,,, Stages: Battlefield
Smashville
Parts of Halberd
Some more...

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm glad you like Demonic Zair. The first time you said it I thought to myself, 'thats what it's gona be called'. Great name. I'll fix the name and test it on all levels, then I'll Update the OP.

You'll be hearing from me.

Edit: Just quickly. This will work on much more levels then I first thought. I just figured ou you can use it on Delfino Plaza by Jumping/Zairing through the platform. Anyway, back to testing.

Edit 2: All done! Also I checked out the Bouncy Bomb on Delfino and after a good 15 minutes I could only make it work once and even then it was only for half a second so I'm not going to add it to the stages.

Top Bottom