• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
There's this trick I do w/TL.

I call it, edge bomb barrier.

I normally use it when I have high DMG% hanging in the edge and the opponent is rushing to KO you.

Here are the steps:

1. Hang on edge.
2. Down+B You'll fast fall drop from ledge while pulling out a bomb.
3. Up+A after pulling bomb! You'll 2nd jump while trhowing the bomb upwards. (I normally use the X-button and C-stick)
4. Up+ B immediatly after step 3. You'll ascend back to the edge while slashing and the bomb will be on top of you protecting you from an upper attack.
5. Repeat if you want to stall LOL.
6. If you luckily hit your opponent you could start a combo from there.

Step 5 and 6 are optional improvize from there.

Hold down after step 5 if you want to get a little up+B hitbox up the edge

Hyro

Smash Lord
Speed hog says:

wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

shoop doop out

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Okay so i know i should have put this here about 2 months ago but i kinda combined two AT's into 1, Hyro likes to call it " The Flea" !

basically all u do is get a bomb, SH , zdrop , and then instant throw in any direction you want. ive been trying to use it during game play and it works well against MK's nado since the throw is high but it does go to far, i would say mid range.

and the best part is u can QD out of it to !!

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Airdodge zair with bomb in hand they powershield you throw the bomb if they shield it rar bair the bomb then dair with the bomb in hand ooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bair then with the bomb land throw it at them then fair bing bang boom

Hyro

Smash Lord
Airdodge zair with bomb in hand they powershield you throw the bomb if they shield it rar bair the bomb then dair with the bomb in hand ooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bair then with the bomb land throw it at them then fair bing bang boom
HOLY...

too easy why didnt i THOUGHT of that

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Quick update.

I added the Reverse Tether.
It's pretty interesting.

Also, when I hit save, it came up with this message saying "A fatal error has occured", I think it had to do with the OP bursting at the seems. I was like, 0_o FFFFUUUUUUU!!!
I might just scrap the second post and give the first post some room before it explodes.
Needless to say, I updated my backup save of the OP.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I thought of this:
How to do it: Pull out bomb, SH, reverse throw, QuickDraw.
Effect: Exactly what it says.
Usefulness: The only use I can find for this is for a cover to approach.

Haven't thought of a name yet.

Stop spamming and derailing threads guys.

This goes for all the threads in the TL boards.

ToonFTW

Smash Rookie
Um this is my first post so don't rip on me too much.

What would you recommend as a easy combo to pull off with Toon Link, but still very powerfull?

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Jab cancelled comboes. Seriously. They don't deal the best of damages, but if you can consistently pull them off, the damage adds up, and your opponent will become reluctant to get into close quarters combat with you. Which, is awesome. Run away and projectile spam =D.

Basically...
Jab
CROUCH, SHIELD, or WAIT 9 FRAMES (I think its 9?)
ANYTHING

Just remember to keep mixing up your "ANYTHING"s to keep your opponent guessing. UpBs to punish dodge spammers, another jab, etc.

ToonFTW

Smash Rookie
Allright thanks

One last one, I have trouble finishing off people. I usually have to get them like 150% or more than just smash them. Whats a good Toon Link finisher combo?

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Haha I actually posted an almost exact same question in another thread.

ACTION PANDA said:
IMO the safest kill to get is bomb to Uair. In other words, get on top of them, throw a bomb down, they'll fly up, then you intercept them with Uair.
shadow1pj said:
nair him off stage its your SAFEST option NAIR NAIR NAIR NAIR NAIR NAIR NAIR NAIR NAIR
I guess you could also just run up and try get in a bair or nair? At 150% on some characters that will kill, and its about as safe as you can get.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
TL tends to start attempting to get the KO at around 130%+ for most characters.

Most TL mains agree the young'un has a tough time killing, especially if the opponent knows the match-up.
Finisher combos. Bombs are great for setting up kills, just intercept with an Uair or Fair. Same goes for a returning boomerang, if the opponent gets hit as the rang returns, take advantage of the slight stun and rush in for Usmash/Uair/Utilt/Fair

Zair>Usmash is alright but not always guaranteed.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ What he said is right. I like spaced fair myself every now and then though. And if worst comes to worse, u can always camp until bair kill percents...

ToonFTW

Smash Rookie
Allright sweet. Hey how do you get the little character heads next to the black smash bros logo that says if you're offline or not?

Go to User CP on the top of the screen, and on the side bar, click on Edit Your Details.

There will be a question asking something along the lines of "Pick Your Smash Character". Pick whatever character you want.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Has anyone thought of ZACing with an almost-about-to-explode bomb to eliminate most of Dair's landing lag, or to save someone from a failed spike attempt?

Top Bottom